WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Fiber Arts
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-30-2019, 03:04 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada
Re: Stitch in Time October 2019

oh I got them all downloaded from the camera days ago but I have to edit them down to the size where wetcanvas will even consider uploading them. The first version I created was still too big.

Our snow was about the same amount but it came with ferocious winds which made it bitter cold.
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-30-2019, 09:04 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, WC has it's limitations. They've been around a long time and the software running this forum is older code.

Went down to 9F (-13C) last night. I was very grateful for the wood stove. Bitter cold like that the little oil heaters can't keep up. Especially in an older home like I have.

A bit of a panic today. The gallery is asking for another half a dozen dragons. I haven't re-made all the critters and will have to pull them offline from my store to fill the request. (AHHHHH!!!!) It's ok. Deep breath. I can do this.
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-31-2019, 08:17 AM
Administrator
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

Hi ladies, sorry, I wandered off mid conversation!

Glad you found the pattern for the discs, they are a lot of fun.

Deb, you sound so busy! Glad you're feeling better. My last bout of bronchitis took me out for months, I ended up bronchial pneumonia, it was awful.

Lena, it looks beautiful up there. The image size thing aggravates me too. We are working on upgrading the site but it's taking a good bit of time, it's a huge endeavor.

It's snowing like crazy here. To me, growing up in the snowbelt, it's not much snow but for the people here a couple inches on Halloween is catastrophic. I hope the kids all come out anyway. Snow won't hurt them if they're bundled up. Plus that if they don't eat my candy, I will!

Soeakung of snow though, my dog, the one in my avatar, is getting older and with his fur, snow gets snowballed on his legs. So I've made him some leg warmers. We will find out if they work today. I'll try and get photos.

Hope you all have fun tonight!
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-31-2019, 06:48 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Virginia, would love to see the doggy leg warmers. Yup bronchitis and pneumonia are awful. Have dealt with both in my life. Stay well yourself.

We opted not to have candy this year. I figure the kids will enjoy finding money in their bag and then there is no left over candy. Besides we never get that many kids. Last year there were none. The most I've had was 12. So raided the piggy bank and pulled out the quarters. I figure one each. Even if we get 12 kids, it'll only be $3.

The dragon shortage is real. I just got an order from my Etsy shop for one of the dragons left in the shop. My list of dragons to make is now 10. That doesn't count any of the other critters that need to be made as well. I keep telling myself not to panic. I'm the boss and they'll get made when they get made. It doesn't help my stress levels. Back to sewing.
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2019, 12:36 AM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

We got about 30 kids this year from about 5:30 to 8pm. Then we turned the lights off. I have a few candies left for me. There have been years when it was 10 or less but the neighbourhood has changed, a lot of the seniors have sold up and new young families moved in. Also some houses have become rentals and again young immigrant families have moved into them. So most of the kids now are an incredible assortment of ethnic groups.