Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Daily Tuesday 08 October 2019

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    damar

Ok..better late than never!

Fujifilm X100F

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
        Photos are ©2021
        Anonymous

Now that’s certainly a clean-looking garage. Nice capture.

Taken 2 days ago in the front yard, I suppose I could have put this in the current “2 colors…” challenge, but I’ve already added 2 there today and don’t want to monopolize it…

[Nikon D7500 with Nikkor 18-300mm at 300mm, manual mode, 1/1250 sec, f/6.3, ISO 500, ACR & PSCS5]

damar

Wow, nice detail Dave! Perfect background too!
                Keep an eye on it, its going to open in a few days.

Photos are ©2021
                Greenhill

Patty, love that neat little yella RV, just what I need!
                    Shot at just the right moment when the light was just skimming the face of the garage giving it texture.

Dave
                    , I’ve probably said so before, you have flower photography down to a T. Exquisite detail and great Bokeh.

The Operations Manager

The Pianist

The Cast

MY FLICKR
                    OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
                    The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

chaffee

Hi you two…

Love the diagonals in that one Patty, and the sun catching the side of that Jeep adds a nice effect. Great.

Something about buds, Dave, that I love,…maybe they just hold so much promise. Nice job with this one!

This one is from the same fishing trip as the catfishing cormorant. Loons seem to like posing for me. Hopefully someday I’ll manage a blue ribbon shot. Going out again tomorrow, we’ll see what happens!

Tim

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt" William Shakespeare

Hello friends,
                        I had a rather good day today. After going out to lunch with DH, I did a little shopping. I ended up at the nearby mall because I was looking for some photographs that I could use for Tilt Shift challenge. It seems to me that whenever I pull out a camera, everyone is looking at me. I have a tiny 3″ X 4″ Sony Point and Shoot that I use for situations like this. I am above people taking shot of them as they are busy below. Somehow, they always seem to spot me as I am photographing them or their surroundings. See the kid sitting on the counter at the toy display in the middle of the photo? He spots me, then tells the girl next to him and the next thing you know, they are looking up at me. This was taken just prior to him looking up and squinting in my direction. Maybe he thought I was spying on him as he sat on the counter of his display. I really feel that if I had a cell phone , no one would care.

Well, after that I did a little shopping and got my hair cut. The gal did a nice job too. I feel years younger now and probably look younger too. :lol: Sorry, I don’t do selfies!

Patty, Nice nostalgic auto shop with great side lighting and cool shadows. Thanks for starting the daily.

Dave,
                        Enjoyed your additions to the 2-color challenge and these geranium buds. Not too many geraniums blooming around here any more.

Tim,
                        Your lucky to be able to photograph the loons. Do you enjoy listening to their “call”? They look like they are wearing a tuxedo.

Mark, How did your meeting go on Tuesday night? Where was the lighting technician photograph taken? When you go to some of those plays you really got to respect the lighting and sound techs, the stage productions are really spectacular now especially with all of the special effects.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Anonymous

Thanks Damar. I find them more interesting as buds than as fully opened blossoms.

Nice set of images, Mark. And thanks for your kind words.

Thanks Tim. Loons are so cool, and that’s a fine capture. BTW, I remember a weekend trip to a lake in middle Wisconsin with a college friend. We slept on a pontoon boat out on the lake where he and his parents lived and were awakened in the peaceful pre-dawn hours by the haunting yet serene calls of a loon. Quite an experience that I remember clearly after 50 years.

Lorell, glad you had such a good afternoon. I rarely take photos of people, partly because I don’t want to be conspicuous or intrusive. Amazing that the teen saw you shooting from that distance. Nice capture, though. Like you, I don’t do selfies – maybe if I were decades younger, but at this point I figure it’s just plain wrong to subject folks to shots of my aging self. I think that the selfie mania is ridiculous – few of us are interesting enough to justify the never-ending, ego-driven onslaught of selfies that seem to be the norm these days.

Humburger

Patty, the first thing I thought when I saw Larry’s Garage was The Alamo! LOL! That is what it reminded me of… I love the dash of yellow on the jeep. Good shot.

Stunning closeup of the geranium, Dave. :-)

Mark, nifty photos. I especially like the first one.

Good shot, Tim. I hope you get lots more on this next trip.

Lorell, very nice shot. I am slowly getting more comfortable with taking pictures in public. I don’t like it when people turn and stare, though. LOL! I’m proud of you. :-)

Ginny
                                www.virginiacmccoy.com
                                C & C Welcome

Greenhill

Lorell, Dave, Ginny, thanks for commenting.

Lorell, you just have to be more sneaky and shoot wide from the hip when playing the “Pap”!

Tuesday Night did not go well. I’ll PM the details to your morning mail!
                                    The Theatre Royal set was shot in Hobart, Tasmania, actually the oldest theatre in the country.

MY FLICKR
                                    OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
                                    The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

damar

Dave,
                                        Oh, that’s a geranium!
                                        I have one in a hanging basket, has a flower on it right
                                        now, but not sure if its going to continue.
                                        See, I never really looked so close at a geranium bud to recognize
                                        yours in the photo!
                                        Nice work!

Mark,
                                        Your theater photos are excellent and
                                        my favorite is the first one. I like the angle, the contrasting
                                        light (orange and bluish) with all the technical details.
                                        The stage is beautiful!

The little yellow jeep has a spare tire cover that says:
                                        “Not All Who Wander Are Lost”
                                        with a large compass point graphic.
                                        No one noticed the tree growing out of the right side
                                        roof??? :lol:

Hi Tim! Thanks!
                                        I think you did great with the loon!
                                        I don’t see them in our area.
                                        They are beautiful!

Agent Lorell, mission accomplished!
                                        You managed to capture the local mall
                                        undercover security person, point blank!
                                        hahahah!!!
                                        Be brave! You did good!
                                        I’m working on crowd shots first too.

Ginny, you are right! It does kinda look like the Alamo!
                                        That shop has been there forever too!

Photos are ©2021
                                      Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.