WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Drawing and Sketching > The Classroom
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#526   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2015, 12:39 PM
Lewes, Delaware

Hails from United States
Re: Basic 101: Pre-Class Assignments and FAQs

Hi: I am Norma. I just started delving into art about 1.5 years ago after I retired at the age of 66. I have taken an adult ed course in introduction to drawing, an intro course in oil painting and I have been following the pastel forum in WC. I would like to systematically complete the 101 AND 102 drawing classes as I feel that drawing skills are fundamental to whatever color medium one wishes to use. I am not sure what the pre-class assignment is since this forum is about 30 pages in length, but am attaching a drawing I did in my adult ed drawing class.

#527   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2015, 04:45 PM
A village near Antwerp

Hails from Belgium

Welcome to the classroom, Norma .
Good job already. Please move on to class 1

Drawing and Sketching Forum Guide for D&S Classroom
  #528   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-26-2015, 03:57 PM

Another new kid

My first post on WetCanvas!
  #529   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-26-2015, 04:16 PM

Re: Another new kid

Second post. About me:
I'm a teenager who wants to get back into drawing. I find drawing to take my mind away, whether it's me, someone else, or a cool sword I found in some far-off virtual world. Art is one of those medicinal experiences with me, and it helps me think and see differently. In my next post, the Wet Canvas community can behold my humble works (and I say that just for effect). I look forward to furthering my artistic expertise with the next generation of Van Goghs and Da Vincis!
  #530   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-26-2015, 04:21 PM

Re: Another new kid

Here's my artwork, feel free to critique:

http://36.media.tumblr.com/b735c330f...6gio1_1280.jpg

Last edited by porkchop85 : 06-26-2015 at 04:51 PM. Reason: link didn't work, let's try that again (with tumblr)
  #531   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-26-2015, 05:39 PM
A village near Antwerp

Hails from Belgium

Welcome to WetCanvas and to the classroom .
Please move on to class 1 .

You're new to this site and some operations are not very intuitive, but please try to understand how to upload your pictures here. See this thread for guidance.

#532   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2015, 11:16 AM
Rhode Island

Hails from United States

Hi, my name is Cathy and I've been a member for a long time, although not active for several years. (Life kind of fell apart in 2010) Posted work in several areas and at one time did some assignments on drawing threads, a headlight, red shoes and chair come to mind I'm a very artistic type of gal (aka 58 yr old woman lol) I paint, do art quilts, assemblage, mixed media, collages, started working with clay on sculptures, photography, etc etc etc. Maybe that's the problem...too many irons in the fire!
Anyhow, now that I am older and not as healthy and without a car, I find myself stuck at home more (plus I am sole caretaker of two adult sons with disabilities, Asperger's and Down Syndrome). So I decided that NOW is the time to do what I have always wanted to do and learn to draw for real, not just occasionally. I found it relaxed me, it isn't as expensive an art form as quilting, it doesn't require a lot of storage space and it can be done in a small space. In short it's perfect for me.
So now that you know more than you wanted to know about me I guess I'll share a couple of examples of my work. Hopefully I remember how to do that! Oh and BTW, I actually have the book you are using, bought to teach myself with a few months ago.

They are..."the chair", Cosmo, a portrait of a dog we once had, sorry about the colored pencil, and some guy, my very first attempt at a portrait several years ago, can you tell?

Oh look, I didn't realize some of my work show up in the signature line....

So that's it from me, off I go to Class 1!
Attached Images

My Blog
  #533   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-05-2015, 05:25 AM
A village near Antwerp

Hails from Belgium

Welcome to the classroom, Cathy .
I'm sure you'll progress fast.