Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Oil Painting – Hall of Fame Best of 2018- Post your work!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    TWAdair Art

This is my best of the best for 2018. I can’t wait to see what works of art I create this year!

If you guys have your best of 2018 id love to see them!

You have done a lot with glass, very nice work!

Lady Mars Orange Marmalade Stapleford
        Moderator: OIls, Pastels, Plein Air

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. -Oscar Wilde

I did more pastel than oil work this year, but here are a few oils from 2018 I’m happy with.

:cat:

TWAdair Art

You have done a lot with glass, very nice work!

Yeah this whole year was glass! Im going to do more glass this year but also more landscape I think. I have some barns i want to paint!

I did more pastel than oil work this year, but here are a few oils from 2018 I’m happy with.

Your work is great! Particularly that blue bottle and your landscapes! Beautiful!

KEVIN$

This was my best landscape closing 2018. Not quite what I was going for but looks okay anyway.

Kevin

Kevin Slaby
                2002 Mustang - 902hp but BROKE at 953hp
                http://baselinesuspensions.com/Projects/balrog.htm

TWAdair Art

I really like your landscape Kevin. The reflections in the water are perfect. Its very immersive.

KEVIN$

I really like your landscape Kevin. The reflections in the water are perfect. Its very immersive.

Thank You. I’m getting anxious to do another water scene either a crashing wave onto a beach or something more tranquil. I’m now getting the hang of painting them without too much worry. The difficult part for me now is coming up with a nice scene to paint.

Kevin

Kevin Slaby
                        2002 Mustang - 902hp but BROKE at 953hp
                        http://baselinesuspensions.com/Projects/balrog.htm

WFMartin

Here are a few of the paintings of which I am the most proud, for 2018……

“Afternoon”…16″ x 20” oil on RayMar Canvas Panel

“Apples”…6” x 8″…Oil on RayMar Belgian Linen Panel

“Chanticleer”…Oil on 16″ x 20” RayMar Linen Panel

“Clank”…16″ x 20” Oil on RayMar Canvas Panel

“Splat”…16″ x 20” oil on RayMar Canvas Panel

“Pals”…16″ x 20” Oil on RayMar Linen Panel

I had LOADS of fun in painting some of these works! One should not be allowed to gain so much enjoyment from the painting process…:lol: :lol:

wfmartin. My Blog "Creative Realism"...
                            https://williamfmartin.blogspot.com

Ju-Ju-Beads

Ahh…but if we didn’t have so much fun, we wouldn’t keep at it! I had an absolute blast with my cloud dragon, even though the painting itself wasn’t very good. The Hawwai’ian beach scene is from a friend’s photo; see the cliff ‘face’? He even had/has green ‘ear hair’.

Here are my two 2018 favorites:

Keep posting everyone, it’s so nice to see everything showcased together. :)

TomMather

That’s a tough choice. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but these are some of my favorite paintings of 2018. All of them are small paintings, 8×8 or 8×10.

TWAdair Art

wow! really great works for 2018! So many different subjects and styles. I like it!

CharlesCM

I’m not sure this could be considered my best, as it is my only painting I did last year. its also severely unfinished… I might revisit it some time. Fun fact about this one, both the stretcher bars and frame are from a old crappy landscape painting my aunt found at a property she manages… the previous tenants left it behind with a lot of other stuff. so I decided to recycle it and put a fresh piece of canvas and its good to go. I had plans to restore the frame (a lot of nicotine stains on it along with probably a few decades of dust). but like a lot of things I made plans for… a project for another time.

OziAfricana

This was my best painting in 2018. It’s also my largest so far (36 x 36 inches).

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home
                                                My Blog

Instagram
                                                Deana

Excellent work in this section….dare I offer samples of mine?…such a long time since I posted anywhere, but have learned a lot over the years. This is a dear 92 year-old friend, it is one of a few attempts with the palette knife.
                                                    ….and this is her son.
                                                    Regards to all, Deana

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.