WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2019, 08:46 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada
Re: *** Daily Wash Monday 15th July 2019 ***

Char, we X posted, they have a beautiful garden and I bet they are seniors - a hosta garden, easy to take care of

Skitty is looking very ferocious

Uschi

#17   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2019, 08:53 AM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Hi Uschi! I think it wasn't quite as hot yesterday. I walked to the bus about 4:30 and there was a nice breeze. I simply went out to get an ice cream cone Figure I worked off the calories walking

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2019, 09:38 AM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
Overcast and 19 going up to 26 with chance of rain.

I have a little more pruning to do today then I can get Brian to take the cuttings to the dump. I want to get to get some housework done this morning before it gets hot and humid. We might run some errands later today. I also want to start on the purging of stuff in cupboards and the closet in the laundry room. That would be a big project done.

I got word that my painting “Matteo” was accepted into this year’s NOAA (Northern Ontario Art Association) art show that will be touring northern Ontario for a year starting in Sept. It was juried in from submissions of about 150 down to a show of about 40. I haven’t been entering the NOAA shows the last few years but decided to enter an oil painting this year for the first time.

Speaking of painting, I have 2 portraits that I want to try of my new DIL and I have to come up with ideas for 2 paintings that fit the theme “Sunlight and Shadows” for our art club’s show in December. I better get painting.

I better get moving before the morning gets away from me. Enjoy the start of a new week everyone.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2019, 12:40 PM
Veteran Member

Morning all!

Ellen! Congratulations on getting your painting into the juried show!

Betty...are you out there? Do you have some light rain this morning too? We had a pleasantly weathered weekend although yesterday did bump up to 80 and the house was too warm for me for awhile last night. I was surprised to wake up to the sound of rain this morning though. You know what that means? No watercolor tonight, and more jam making lol. I cannot believe my luck this year with the weather and jam season! And...this weather should continue through most of the week so if I can track down all the fruit I need, I may be able to finish off all the "required" production!

I am so glad for a rest day on the Tour de France tomorrow! That's because this (wool) spinning event closely follows the TdF schedule so we do "challenge spins" (things that are new techniques) to us on big mountain stages and we get to rest when the riders do. My elbow tendinitis kicked in big time last night so I'm ready for a rest and will probably need to reduce the amount of time in front of the spinning wheel. I have to laugh because this is my routine every July for the last few years - by the end of Tour de France, I'm certainly feeling all my own spinning-inducted pains. (btw, the yarn too, becomes Christmas gifts - hats).

Char, I adored those garden photos. I was surprised to see an outdoor train set up as well! I just LOVE all the hostas in the photos. I've been plotting how much of my own flower beds I can convert to hostas too. Probably not the backyard (too much sun), but I have made at least one friend cry when I talked about taking out the peonies and putting in hostas in front. Peonies are pretty, but they are a PITA to take care of and they also easily get weedy. The azalea in front is no longer happy anyway - too shaded. I'd like to dig those things out and keep the root balls intact though and put them in boxes with FREE signs on the sidewalk - someone will give them all good new homes.

Doug - check on that changeable weather front! I have enjoyed this summer so much more than the last 3-4!
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2019, 01:43 PM
Enthusiast
Cobble Hill, BC

Hails from Canada

Good morning everyone - no Tacy, we didn't get any rain this morning, but it is mixed sun and cloud so cooler. I am really enjoying the cooler weather.

I picked almost the last of our raspberries this morning, and more blueberries yesterday and this morning. Lots more blueberries to ripen.

When I came back from picking up my paper yesterday morning (6:30 am) I saw 2 elk - one in the field near me and the other by our barn, but I scared them away.

My internet provider has up-dated their e-mail system, and I can't get my e-mail on that address, good thing I also have a Yahoo address.

DD learned how to weave a yarn basket yesterday - it's small but very cute.

I had to stop drinking coffee for a week as I was getting a lot of palpatations - DD drinks decaf, so I joined her in drinking that, but totally missed regular coffee. I found I can drink 1 cup of regular if I change our machine from the 3 bean setting to 1 bean. This happens every few years, and I just have to remember to drink less for a while, even though I rarely drink more than 2-3 cups!

SIL is pulling our garlic - a really good crop this year. Everything is doing well, except for my poor strawberry plants. One of our new water lilies even has a bud on it. Betty
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2019, 02:36 PM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Wow Tracy, what fun to think that you were spinning away when I was watching the tour on Saturday! Hope we can eventually see the hats you make

Betty, lovely that you have a Lily about to flower. I tried to grow one in my little pond, but it wasn't happy. I think they need some water flow which I think you have. Never been that close to elk, they are big! I guess you don't want them in your veggies.

Congratulations Ellen!

I just came back from an excellent session with my new physiotherapist. So glad I switched

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Last edited by LynnM : 07-15-2019 at 02:39 PM.
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2019, 02:43 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

A wonderful place to paint Char, congratulations on the sales.

JJ, Char hit the nail on the head. I have several TP-Link Powerline adaptors which relay the internet all over the house via the house wiring.

Doug
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2019, 03:23 PM
Enthusiast
Cobble Hill, BC

Hails from Canada

Hi again - Lynn, waterlilies don't need flow - they need a lot of sunlight. My cousin has a little pond, and hers flower - no flow, but lots of light. Good luck! Betty
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2019, 04:49 PM
Veteran Member

I've joined the Instant Pot crowd. My family were all bugging me in email this morning because Amazon was blowing out 6 qt instant pots for $49 (and it was a brand/model that has 33 THOUSAND reviews so not some off sort of brand). Hopefully it has enough features because unlike JJ's careful research before she got hers, I just followed the link my mom sent me and leaped in (half price). I had thought I wanted a small one but everybody said no, no, get the 6 qt and have leftovers or freeze the extra.

EDIT: This one, in case anyone else has it and can tell me anything.
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2019, 05:03 PM
Immortalized
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

Nothing exciting today. Bug man arrived 3 hours early because people cancelled. Everything looked good, and he did not see any termite mounds near the house. He checks when he is spraying for ants.

Ran to Walmart. We needed a new toaster and a air drying rack for our towels. We have it not he back porch which is covered and not in the sun. The towels will dry quickly in the 98 degree heat. While there picked up the few things that we needed.

I figured out how to make gentle curves around a rectangle with circle corners. I have my first ice cooler prototype. I just have to make the hardware and the Coleman logo.

Have a wonderful evening. I am off to make homemade pizza.
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2019, 05:40 PM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Tracy, Great buy. That's the pot we got for our daughter Christine for $99.95 for her birthday in February. She loves it too.

Ellen, Congratulations on the great award for your painting.

Congratulations on your sales too, Char. Love the photo of the train and the plants.

French toast for dinner tonight. Meijer's was having a 10 for $10 sale yesterday, so we picked up a loaf of their French bread for $1.00!

My rose painting is off to a pretty good start. I'm taking my time and painting each petal carefully.

to all again,

SYL,

Sylvia
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2019, 08:20 PM
Lord of the Arts
Peterborough, Ontario

Hails from Canada

Congratulation's Ellen!!!

Had a great weekend watching tennis for 5 hours!Today I woke up ill and cancelled my dentist appoint, which may cost me, because you are supposed to cancell at least 2 days prior!

Beautiful gardens Doug!

Congrat's on all the jam making Tracy and spinning!

Char congrat's on your sales and sorry it was so hot! Great pics by the way!

Lynn your Great Grand daughter is adorable!

Hi Uschi!!!

QS you are lot more forgiving than I would be with workers at the property!

I had a new roof put on last year and I had 7 guys on my roof, for 2 days, and I took then out cold drinks, morning and afternoon and told them they could come in to use the bathroom's anytime or go for a swim in the pool. By 10 am most of then were stripped down to shorts. They were a fine looking bunch of Men! lol Damn were they in shape! and all really nice guys!

Have a great one!

http://sharonamer.blogspot.com/
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2019, 08:22 PM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom

normally,if such a word can be used by me about sleep

I go to bed about 10pm and get to sleep very quickly till about 1am
well it is well past that and no sleep yet, so having a wonder around the house and have another try....
the moon is back maybes the answer.
geoff