WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Digital Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2019, 09:47 AM
WC! Guide
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada
Re: Anybody get any new Digital Art tools? - I did

And for me I love the brush selection in Procreate. With some I can create interesting textures very quickly.

mkmcreations.com *** My Acrylic Gallery
Every painting is a new adventure.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2019, 11:02 AM

Hails from United States

I tried Tayasui's Isketch, and I think it's my favorite so far. The watercolors are very realistic, graphic pencil is great. I like that I can mix colors even if RGB color doesn't mix like real paint. This is not finished, While I was going for an unfinished edge, I think I need to put more darks in the rocks and such but it definitely shows the program's natural feel.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elainepsq
I tried Tayasui's Isketch, and I think it's my favorite so far. The watercolors are very realistic, graphic pencil is great. I like that I can mix colors even if RGB color doesn't mix like real paint. This is not finished, While I was going for an unfinished edge, I think I need to put more darks in the rocks and such but it definitely shows the program's natural feel.

That is lovely!

I did try Adobe Sketch again, but the palette-handling is so strange that I just gave up. Tayasui is much more sensible...and I really like that the Apple Pencil acts realistically when you tilt the graphite pencil.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2019, 04:02 PM

Hails from United States

So after posting this, I was really unhappy with it, so I decided to work on it. Much happier, just wondering if I should make the foreground more green.... seems to me that the underwater rocks would appear more green. Also, it seems like Isketch only exports as a png.... Or am I missing something? I took it to Procreate and then saved as a jpg, then airdropped to my computer.
I'm finding that things look different on my computer. Probably just the larger screen.
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2019, 04:21 PM

I think you should leave the gorgeous foreground as-is, because the way you have the colors forces the eye to trace a path.

I have Tayasui Pro, not iSketch. My version exports jpegs.
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-07-2019, 12:18 AM
Veteran Member
Nevada

Hails from United States

Procreate (so many great tutorials, check out Austin Batchelor courses on Udemy), Clip studio Paint for iPad (it is a mirror of the Mac and Windows version, files go back and forth) go to https://graphixly.com/blogs/webinars and check out the webinars.
Another an interesting one is https://www.paintstormstudio.com/index.html Mac, Win and iPad I haven't gotten to use it other then firing it up.