Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk Paintings by W.C. Bauer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Does anyone out there know anything about a painter in or around the Boston area named W.C. Bauer? A friend of mine has what appears to be an original water color of a scene called Christmas Eve. It is very old, measures 22 x 38, is in a frame that has 3 backing boards each 22 x 12. It was found in a house built by Cassidy in the early 1900’s in Swampscott, Mass. It was in the basement for 45+ years. The house was used for a passing house for Irish Immigrants where they would wait for jobs and then move out, many times leaving articles behind.

Any info you can give would be appreciated!

Thanks

Sun_merman

If your belief is not liberating, how can it lead you to enlightenment and peace in your emotions, thoughts, & actions?

Click here to visit my website!
    Bill J

go to this URL it will tell you a little about Bauer. If you need more help E me

bill

There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, thanks to their art and intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun. -Picasso
        [/COLOR][/SIZE]![/COLOR]

babybrush

there is no link, bill!

Bethany

babybrush

Bill J

sorry lets try this link

http://ronaschneiderprints.com/C19_BauerSnow.htm

that should get you started.

bill

There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, thanks to their art and intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun. -Picasso
                [/COLOR][/SIZE]![/COLOR]

Found that link already Bill. It doesn’t have enough background on W. C. Bauer regarding a collection of his work. This link does appear to be in the same style as the Bauer painting I am researching though.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

If your belief is not liberating, how can it lead you to enlightenment and peace in your emotions, thoughts, & actions?

Bill J

the next thing I would do is go to the 2 good search engines webferret and google and review them. If you come up empty E mail the guy who is selling the print on the first URL I showed you he may have something. Remember this guy Bauer made his living selling prints so be sure you have a wc and not a print
                    bill

[/COLOR][/SIZE]![/COLOR]

Starsprite

Hi SunMerman,
                        I was interested in helping you with this and looked under Google… W.C. Bauer Christmas Eve and this is all I could find. There was an auction about a month ago where a print was being sold…maybe that person would have some info? Here’s the link

http://www.bernsauction.com/henderson/henderson.htm

[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]~Patty~

Thanks Bill & Patty!

I e-mailed the auctioneer, in hopes to get more info or a picture. No answer yet.

Bill, I downloaded webferret and tried using it. Seems to work pretty well, but I only came across the previous listings.

I wonder if someone out there has a book on bauer (if there was one written) that would have some information on the “Christmas Eve” Print.

Thanks again both of you.

If you run across something else, please let me know

Eric

Still trying to get more information on this piece.

The auctioneer never answered my e-mail (big surprize)!

Any other ideas out there? Thanks

JudyL

I would suggest taking it to a museum to check out. We have a friend who did that and found that while his painting was a fake, it was a very valuable forgery, who knew?

JudyL

The Artist Formerly Known as Jlyn

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.