WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2006, 09:36 AM
Moscow Russia

Hails from Russian Federation
My 1st work! Loris Capirossi!

Hello,

finally I have one CP work finished. Its Loris Capirossi celebrating his win at Jerez MotoGP race. The 1st race of the 2006 MotoGP season.

I have mixed feelings about this work, i like how i did the bike and rider, but hate the background ( the green ). I know that there are many mistakes here... I did the bike/rider 1st and then the background, i often went from light to dark, etc ... Yes I should have read the tutorials on this forum BEFORE starting the work, but i only read it after ..

well, anyway, I guess its not that bad and overall im happy with it.
Its Polychromos pencils on white Canson mi-teintes 65x55cm paper, pretty big. These pencils were my choice because some of you advised choosing them, and the paper choice was based on Dan Reed's work, I saw thats the paper he uses (on his site) i thought it should be good.

Oh yeah, another question.. I find it difficult to take a good photo of the work because the CP reflects the photo flash, and if taken without the flash ( like on this pic ) it looks a bit blurry. Its sharper in real life. I might take a better pic and post it later. The grass is also darker in RL than on photo.

I hope you like the drawing.

Jin

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Enthusiast
Cape Coral, Florida

Hails from United States
Re: My 1st work! Loris Capirossi!

I love this! I like the feel of movement I get from it. The crowd looks great, and the bike and Capirossi look fantastic. Well done!

Jenna
My website and My blog and My Facebook Page
"The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize." Robert Hughes
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2006, 10:20 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Scotland

Hails from Canada

This is great! I like the background, it gives the picture a sense of movement. The bike details are well done, good job!
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2006, 10:25 AM
Enthusiast
Redmond, WA

Hails from United States

Hi Jin , This looks beautiful.

I would like to point out few things if you don't mind. The importance you have given to the subject is not been given to the bg. The subject looks very realistic and beautiful! , but if u look at the bg it looks hurried up/ unfinished.

It really helps if you plan your bg first before starting. I suggest going thru the tutorials here will really help a lot. Hoping to see more from you

My website
Ebay auctions
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2006, 10:37 AM
NJ

Hails from United States

Great job, Jin! I think the background works well with the vibrant colors of the bike and rider, as well as giving a sense of movement.

Congratulations on a fine piece of work!
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

I personally like the way the background plays against the bike and rider. It has a looser feel to it which gives the piece a wonderful sense of movement. It looks like the bike is flying by and the rider is celebrating his victory, which I believe is the effect you were after. Well done!!

Linda
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Mission Hills, CA

Hails from United States

I love this! I like the bg the way you have it. I think that because the bg was not as detailed, my eye went back to the rider winning, which I think is the most important part of the picture. I really like the effect. Great job!

Patty
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-08-2006, 12:18 AM
Enthusiast

Hi, Jin,

I think the sense of rhythm and movement you've captured here is really quite exciting. I actually like the bg myself, because, for me, anyway, it heightens the sense of speed and excitement. Anyway, REALLY nice work! Congrats!

Terri
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-08-2006, 08:36 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint

Hails from Canada

Wonderful! It looks so realistic!
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Moscow Russia

Hails from Russian Federation

thank you all .. so i see that overall you like my 1st work. I have started a new one today ( so far ive just started a pencil outline work.. so its going to take a while before i start the cp work ) .. but i work faster now, so hopefully I will post my next work sometime next week.. i guess around friday or something. ( last time i said this.. i took me a month to do the drawing llol.. but this time i think it will be faster) ..

thanks again and very happy to hear good words about my work. Im also surprised that some of you liked the bg .

cya

Jin