Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Oil Painting – Hall of Fame Welcome to as What’s on Your Easel… January 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    !becca

Welcome to WOYE January 2017…Post your works in progress here so long as they are in oils…everyone is welcome!!! :wave:

for a more complete critique post in the main forum

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
        Becca's Fine Art

AnnieA

Thanks for posting the first WOYE of 2017, Becca!

I’ve been struggling with this for weeks, but I think I’ve finally turned a corner. There are still a lot of signs to add, anď the terrifying power lines. It’s 20×16 on canvas.

Meh…it looked better in my editing program. The color isn’t too far off, but the darks aren’t as dark on the left, while the sky is actually a bit darker.

I’d appreciate c&c, but at this point may not take it because I’ve already revised too much and this needs to be finished.

[FONT=Arial]C&C always welcome ©[/I] [/font]
            [FONT=Palatino]
            “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

mtpalms

:) Annie, I will resist critiquing since you say you have gone further with it, but it is looking good so far!

I am toiling away at this one. I knew before I started it that it would be a challenge because of all of the detail. I am looking forward to painting the bottles! Painting all of that currency has been wearisome.

New link to my latest work.[/url]
                "The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier they dug on hallowed ground
                But the tomb of the unknown artist is nowhere to be found."

AnnieA

Hey, thanks, Marcia. I really don’t mind a critique; I just want to make sure nobody’s offended if it’s not possible to incorporate the advice. :)

I can see that painting the currency would be a bit tedious. Looks like it’ll be worth it though, since you’ve done a great job with it.

[FONT=Palatino]
                    “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

!becca

Annie…I esp love the leaves in this…look forward to the progress…

Marcia..tedious i can see…but very well done…I know the bottles will liven it a great deal…look forward to seeing them

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
                        Becca's Fine Art

mtpalms

Thanks Annie. :) I am good for about 3 or 4 bills per session.

Thanks Becca!

It may be an optical illusion, but it looks to me like the upper corner of the brick building is leaning a bit to the left?

AnnieA

Thanks,Becca! I’m dreading the power lines and am looking forward to having it finished.

It may be an optical illusion, but it looks to me like the upper corner of the brick building is leaning a bit to the left?

Thanks, Marcia and I’ll double check it. It may just be an uneven photo though – it’s difficult to line up my tablet with the picture plane..

[FONT=Palatino]

surveyhand

She will have a lot more hair but my main thing is how to finish the lower third.

Michaelshane

Watching football and sketching.This is a test run of George Gallup.Ill paint a small study then go for the bigger one when I feel comfortable.

Someday everything is going to be different,when I paint my masterpiece.
                                        Bob Dylan.

mtpalms

You are very close, Michael. I went back to your ref photo that you posted last month, and he has a narrower head, but you’ve got the face and expression down. :)

Your warrior woman is coming along nicely, Surveyhand. :thumbsup:

Michaelshane

Yeah he’s kind of a fathead.

Someday everything is going to be different,when I paint my masterpiece.
                                                Bob Dylan.

AnnieA

As always, the image is off — it’s too dark, the sky especially, in this case. I fiddled with it, but I need the time for painting instead of fiddling.

Slow progress, but moving forward…

[FONT=Palatino]

NancyMP

Thanks, Marcia and I’ll double check it. It may just be an uneven photo though – it’s difficult to line up my tablet with the picture plane..

Get a tripod for your camera, Annie – that is one of the things I had to do for mine. If you have it squared off you can check all the edges for lapses.

Nancy http://nancyparkfineart.com
                                                        All human beings are dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together. - Jack Kerouac

NancyMP

SurveyHand, lovely work!
                                                            Marcia, I really like what you’ve started here; I’m eager to see your next steps!
                                                            Michael, your portrait is really nice!

Nancy http://nancyparkfineart.com
                                                            All human beings are dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together. - Jack Kerouac

Myse

Last year, I begin to take courses in order to paint oil portraits.
                                                                I show you the one which is on my easel now.
                                                                I think that I have taken the model in Wet Canvas, but I cannot found it again. I have printed the photo.
                                                                Here are the beginnings: drawing and firts layer.

I have only began some brushtrokes for the second layer.

Comments and critics welcome. I want to progress!
                                                                marysecurinier-rochette.com
                                                                https://maryse.rochette.cc

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 112 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.