Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE 7 February 2018 – Cat Doodle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Triduana

Thanks Harry for hosting this week and for the fantastic challenge. :thumbsup: I left my drawing until yesterday as I was working away from home and I wanted something to do in the evening after work.

I loved the cat photo, it seemed to lend itself to Aubrey Beardsley’s style. I drew the cat and the stones in pencil first before adding ink, the rest (apart from the swirly bit at the bottom) I made up as I went along. I used a few pit pens and a Promarker for most of it, then my Promarker ran out halfway through and I finished it off with a Tombow brush pen, which was great for the stippling. It’s on heavy cartridge paper and took the full 2 hours.

Thanks for looking :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Very stylish!:)

crispur2005

This is gorgeous, the design is so good and the watchful cat dominates. I like it very much.

Christine :wave:

Love this! The cat and the stones and foliage, just lovely … and the tree growing up the side as part of the decorative border, so creative. Like I said, love it!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

evebart

I love the leaves on the tree and the composition! So many great cats this week!

Shanec

Wow, fantastic work Kay.

Shane

https://artbyshanec.com

Ooohhh, nice! Just how I imagined that image could be!

Wendy C&C always welcome
                    Everybody likes feedback! Please remember to comment on others' threads, even if it's just a "nice work" post.

eyepaint

Wonderful. I see a bookplate :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

123harry

Very nice Art Nouveau piece. I like the way you have incorporated the Beardsleyesque tree into the period frame with its classic intertwined vines. Thanks for getting this one done!

C&C always welcome.
                            Instagram harry.hamill

Triduana

Many thanks everyone :)

So long, and thanks ...

Fantastic and fun of the graveyard kitty, looking so regal on his perch. Love this nouveau approach!!!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Triduana

Thanks Kay :)

So long, and thanks ...

ams

Beautiful work on this. A wonderful answer to the challenge.

Anne

Anne
                                        C & C always welcome.
                                        https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/wip-still-life-with-purple-underpainting/

Lake of Trees

Good job on the challenge! I like the movement in this piece, especially with the leaves.

[FONT=Garamond]* * * * * * * * *
                                            * T h a e s h a *

Hey Kay:wave: very effective:thumbsup: like it a lot:clap:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/15-Aug-2012/6932-painting-sig.jpg

http://guilliartgallery.blogspot.com/2009/12/still-life.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.