Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Sunshine on East Denny, Third Place Winner

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    AnnieA

I was very, very honored recently to receive a third place, landscape category, for this recently completed painting. I did it while taking a landscape painting class and I think the improvement is visible, such a good feeling.

Sunshine on East Denny
        18×18 Oil on Canvas

I’ve been having a lot of problems with images I’ve posted here at WC. I think this one’s not perfect but OK, but I’ve thought that before only to be horrified when I’ve seen the image on a different monitor. Please let me know if there’s any major issue with this one. Thanks.

[FONT=Arial]C&C always welcome ©[/I] [/font]
        [FONT=Palatino]
        “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

Lovely painting. The maximum uploader size is 800 pixels square, you should resize before uploading. See the links in my signature.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

AnnieA

Lovely painting. The maximum uploader size is 800 pixels square, you should resize before uploading. See the links in my signature.

Doug

Thanks, Doug. I actually did resize it to 800 pixels, and the uploader took it without complaint. Doesn’t it read right on your monitor?

[FONT=Palatino]
            “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

I apologise Annie, since my iPad wet kaput, I have been using an HP Windows tablet which was showing pictures full screen :rolleyes: It shows normally on my laptop.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Hamburgefions

Very nice and sunny painting!

123harry

Looks very good. The strong yellow tone works well. Congratulations, well deserved.

C&C always welcome.
                    Instagram harry.hamill

mtpalms

It’s beautiful Annie! Congrats!:clap:

Wonderful handling of colors, was that the focus of the class? And your perspective, both proportional and atmospheric, are spot on.

It is hard to say if it is correct color-wise without having the original in front of me, but it looks great on my screen

New link to my latest work.[/url]
                        "The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier they dug on hallowed ground
                        But the tomb of the unknown artist is nowhere to be found."

AnnieA

Yorky, I’m glad to hear that! (Not that your iPad went kaput, but that the image shows OK after all! :D I hope you can get it replaced or repaired.)

Mark and 123Harry, many thanks! :)

Marcia, thank you! Yes, I really did apply in this piece a lot of what I learned about color in my most recent class – as well as the other classes I took this past year. It feels like a breakthrough, so I’m very pleased.

[FONT=Palatino]

Congrats Annie, nicely done! :)

Lady Mars Orange Marmalade Stapleford
                            Moderator: OIls, Pastels, Plein Air

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. -Oscar Wilde

WFMartin

Wow…..I love cityscapes. Nice approach!:clap:

And, gosh….you received a third place award for a painting you created while taking a class in the painting of landscapes! What could be more appropriate?:thumbsup: If the question arises, “Did you learn something in your class?”, the answer would be a decided, “Yes!”:)

wfmartin. My Blog "Creative Realism"...
                                https://williamfmartin.blogspot.com

Dcam

Good for you Annie: I’m a sucker for yellow and gray……and like Bill, I love cityscapes. Great Aerial perspective in this. Terrific…..well painted.

Derek

AnnieA

Jess, Bill, Derek, thanks very much! :)

Bill and Derek, some of it was stuff I learned all year through, but this was a particularly good landscape class, taught by an expert in the field who (literally) wrote the book. :D

[FONT=Palatino]

Raffless

Well done Annie. It has that Ben Aronson feel. Apparently first and second bribed the judges. Congrats!

AnnieA

OMG, Raffless, that might be one of the biggest compliments anyone has ever given me. Ben Aronsen is a big favorite of mine. I don’t deserve it, really, but many thanks!

[FONT=Palatino]

kentiessen

Congratulations on your award!

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com
                                                    Comments or Critiques welcomed...always!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.