Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The weekend June 2

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Some sketches from life drawing this week, a brand new first time model at the Thursday group which I run, and two models at the Glenbrook group.

Mac

ArtistOz

Good to see Mac, the colours are harmonizing well gives a pleasant otherworldly feel to the paintings. Two models ohh the luxury!

Bill,
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/artistoz/
        Instagram, billwperry

You have a deliciously loose style that really works Mac. The model in the last but one has such a wistful look :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
        More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
        Instagram
        https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

Constance

Wonderful drawings and paintings…the top two of the male figure in blue, they are amazing.

Instagram: unsuspectingstrangers

Really great work, Mac! They really flow. Is this gouache?

bethany
            moderator in figures & portraits blogs: artbybethany life-presence
            website www.bethanyart.com
            My inspiration is art... because without art, we would just be stuck with reality. ~Daniel R. Lynch

thanks Bill, I cant’ recall my works being described as ‘otherwordly’ before… something new to strive for! :p

David thanks, I usually think of my drawings as being a bit stiff, so maybe I’m improving! I didn’t get round to finishing her expression

Constance thanks, I often do my one and two minute drawings with the blue pencil, and concentrate on the energy of the poses… which is why they are usually headless and feetless… and as the poses get longer I add more details.

thanks Bethany, I have tried gouache from time to time, though usually when I get round to it the paint has dried in the tube :rolleyes: these paintings are oils (over recycled drawings)

Mac

IndianaKate

Lovely, Mac. Just lovely.

Kate

Thanks Kate, it’s nice to know if someone enjoys them.

Mac

skipstah

Nice work Mac. I really like those last two paintings!

WEBSITE

123harry

That first sheet of the triple male torso is excellent. All of them good, of course but the seated lady is particularly appealing, She has something of a Matisse look.

C&C always welcome.
                        Instagram harry.hamill

Michael thanks, I enjoy using oils in a limited time frame, I wasn’t expecting two models, and in the last one the pose was too stretched so I decided to leave off the heads!

thanks Harry, this was his first time modeling and those were his first one minute poses… off to a good start!
                        yes I see what you mean about the Matisse look… it was a simplified application that I didn’t get back to, I was thrown a little by the yellow transparent scarf which had slipped off her left shoulder before I got round to it, and I had to redo the arm!

Mac

The torsos on the first page are really good Mac (though I did worry about what happened to his head). Some interesting echos in the paintings of the two models.

Nathan.
                        C&C always appreciated.
                        My art on Instagram

Nathan I know I have a tendency to do heads a little smallsometimes but that’s ridiculous:rolleyes: actually with that 5 minute pose I was concentrating on his pretty solid torso, think I got the neck… and just a suggestion of a head

Mac

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.