Home Forums Explore Media Drawing and Sketching What kind of Brushes i can use with charcoal powder

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jojomama

Hello! I am a beginner .Experimenting with Charcoal powder.Saw this video on you tube. Can anybody tell me what kind of brushes he is using in the video please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT69qWyC50E

marksmomagain

The blue color looks like a Cotman brush but it could be others. I use soft hair brushes, predominately natural, but also synthetics, and of all different sizes.

I use all kinds of tools to apply powder, some come from my art room, the makeup aisle at the drugstore, some come from the garage or the cellar, some come from my kitchen. Just experiment around.

Use colored charcoal, too, for some different effects, it’s great fun. Also combine with graphite, etc. No limits…:cat:

jojomama

The blue color looks like a Cotman brush but it could be others. I use soft hair brushes, predominately natural, but also synthetics, and of all different sizes.

I use all kinds of tools to apply powder, some come from my art room, the makeup aisle at the drugstore, some come from the garage or the cellar, some come from my kitchen. Just experiment around.

Use colored charcoal, too, for some different effects, it’s great fun. Also combine with graphite, etc. No limits…:cat:

Thank you! the bristles look very short.

fedetony

use a flat one, of course clean and dry… I use number 4 normally, but if you need bigger surfaces, try a sponge…

Federico Garcia
                    My Blog
                    C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

Wassie

You could use all sizes of sponges. Small makeup brushes work well on small areas. I haven’t used a brush yet. I wonder how soft/hard his brush bristles are.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.