Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Weekender, Sat & Sunday, March 28 & 29, 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi All,
        Decided to post happy colours.

Anonymous

Beautiful panorama, Grant.

And from the wide scale showing great distance to the opposite…

(Just playing around trying to catch water drops 4 days ago.)

Rich

Grant, very pretty! I like the curving mountain range, really adds interest.

Dave, they are really hard to catch and if you do, what would you do with one? :evil: :)

Been raining all day today. Not a good thing as the ground is saturated and flooding will be back.

Cobble stone road in old town Puerto Vallerta.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. –Mother Teresa
                Cameras Canon SX160IS, SX740HS ELPH 170IS Photoshop Elements 2021, Topaz Studio, Adjust, and Simplify
                Website http://rich-stedman.pixels.com

Don

Love the reflection on the clouds Grant. Nice. Good one Dave. A miniature magnifying glass. :)

I’m really getting cabin fever here so I went out in the back yard and just took some random shots.

I had to do some processing on this rose as it was just too saturated. Red is hard for me to capture.

Saw this on an old piece of fire wood.

Almost blown out whites. Had to do a little “painting” to bring the white down. Not quite sharp enough either. Had a bit of wind which didn’t help.

Saw this leaf with some nice colors hiding among some greenery.

Photo site - http://donlwilliamsphotography.com

"A moment in time
                    Immortalized forever
                    With silver and light"

Hey guys,
                    It is a slow Saturday around here.
                    It is going to rain all and maybe all night and then thunderstorms tomorrow.
                    So what’s a good thing to do on a rainy day?
                    Clean the refrigerator.
                    Job done and time to play.

Thanks for starting the weekender, Grant, images like that are calming and meditative, if a photo can be described as meditative. I think I would like to start making that part of my daily morning routine. Any of you do that?

Dave,
                    Nice clear shot of the puddled water. The fall off of the leaves and other drops of water makes for a nice composition.

Rich, It is actually nice to see a photo with people out and about. Love the happy colors painted on the buildings. Looks like a good tourist shopping district. Nice clean streets too,

Don,
                    Red is sometimes difficult color to capture. I wonder if it is because it might be highly subjective to the type of lighting that is present. Maybe it soaks up lots of light, more than other colors do. I actually have no idea, just theorizing, that’s all. But your red is a great shade of red and velvety to match. Hey, maybe that’s it, there are so many shades of red but in our mind we want it to be just RED. Unlike blues that are goose blue, powder blue, sky blue, teal, aqua. Or how about greens, lime green, kelly green, olive, forest green. We don’t usually get too specific with reds although. Am I making sense?
                    Just look at how the reds on Ford, Chrysler, GM cars are all different.
                    Thanks for sharing all of these with us. It is helping to brighten my day.

If you want to see what my Olympus does with red, go to the Darkroom. I posted a second series of classical cars, all red ones.

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1479132

Need to go find a photo to add, but first go see if DH is hungry.
                    LORELL

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

No picture of people just yet, but I am warning you that I am feeling a little bit silly right now. Hey we are all a little stir crazy right now, right.
                    So be nice and humor me.
                    I decided to share a photo of some architecture. A nice country cabin in the woods.

Here’s where I get really silly.
                    If I was critiqueing the drawing, I would be remarking about the great looking trees in the backgound. But instead, I will tell you that someone famous lived there. Can you guess who?

Come on, humor me. I got no place to be but here!

You can post your answer if you want to take a guess.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Anonymous

My initial impression was that it looked vaguely hobbit-like. But it clearly lacks the circular doors and other characteristics of hobbit architecture.

So now I’m thinking some nursery rhyme character, but I can’t pin it down more than that. Little Red Riding Hood? Hansel & Gretel? Rumpelstiltskin?

On a more serious note: Lorell – do take care of yourself. I’ve read that: a) the Detroit area may be in for some violent weather; and b) it’s likely to be the next city hit hard by corona virus.

Rich

Goldilocks?
                            Yes, take care and stay well.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. –Mother Teresa
                            Cameras Canon SX160IS, SX740HS ELPH 170IS Photoshop Elements 2021, Topaz Studio, Adjust, and Simplify

damar

Red?

Great photos today!

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
                                Photos are ©2021
                                Greenhill

Dave, dewdrop, raindrop or watering on nasturtium, very nice sharp composition.

“Red, the colour of desire” https://youtu.be/cjp-Gyo5tNM a favourite song from Les Misérables.

Olympus 12mps compact XZ-2, f/2.1, 1/100, iso250 (2014 archive)

MY FLICKR
                                    OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
                                    The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Awesome photograph Patty.
                                    You are like Natalie, she could find a photo in her files lickety split, that would go with the theme. You all must do a great job of categorizing your pics on top of having total recall.

This little toot photo would look good in selective coloring too. Heck it is practically there right now.

Rd: Story book ID

Little Red Riding Hood? Hansel & Gretel? Rumpelstiltskin?

from Dave. NOPE, No, negative.

Rich:

Goldilocks?

, sorry, that’s not right. But it certainly could fit three bears comforably.

Thanks for trying to guess, guys. Hansel and Gretel originally came from a poor dwelling and when their dad didn’t have any money to take care of them, he sent them into the woods to fend for themselves so they would not starve. And then they happened upon the witch’s house made of breads, candy and other sweet treats. I sure would have been a sucker for that place.

Rumpelstiltskin, maybe, but most of the action takes place in a dungeon or tower in a cruel king’s castle where he holds a miller’s daughter and orders her to spin gold. You know, I just looked up that story , because I really was not familiar with it. The story dates back to 1812, no wonder I don’t remember it.

And that’s a pretty big house for Little Red’s grandma.

I am enjoying reading all of these stories.
                                    But won’t cause you any more pain. I can see you all rolling your eyes.

I somehow acquired this old book, a BIG GOLDEN BOOK, remember the brand? I dug it up from the basement. It is one of my favorite stories and Disney movies . I was trying to create something to use for the library competition that my photo club is having.

Be back with the answer soon.

Okay, I can see you are all huddled around your computer waiting for the answer. Here you go, Ta Da.

That was the house of the Seven Dwarfs.

This is something interesting about this movie that was made based on a Ge rman fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is a 1937 American animated musical fantasy film produced by Walt Disney Productions and originally released by RKO Radio Pictures. Based on the German fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm, it is the first full-length cel animated feature film and the earliest Disney animated feature film. The story was adapted by storyboard artists Dorothy Ann Blank, Richard Creedon, Merrill De Maris, Otto Englander, Earl Hurd, Dick Rickard, Ted Sears and Webb Smith. David Hand was the supervising director, while William Cottrell, Wilfred Jackson, Larry Morey, Perce Pearce, and Ben Sharpsteen directed the film’s individual sequences.

Snow White premiered at the Carthay Circle Theatre in Los Angeles, California on December 21, 1937, followed by a nationwide release on February 4, 1938. It was a critical and commercial success, and with international earnings of $8 million during its initial release briefly held the record of highest-grossing sound film at the time. The popularity of the film has led to its being re-released theatrically many times, until its home video release in the 1990s. Adjusted for inflation, it is one of the top-ten performers at the North American box office and the highest-grossing animated film.

Snow White was nominated for Best Musical Score at the Academy Awards in 1938, and the next year, producer Walt Disney was awarded an honorary Oscar for the film. This award was unique, consisting of one normal-sized, plus seven miniature Oscar statuettes. They were presented to Disney by Shirley Temple.[3]

In 1989, the United States Library of Congress deemed the film “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant” and selected it for preservation in the National Film Registry. The American Film Institute ranked it among the 100 greatest American films, and also named the film as the greatest American animated film of all time in 2008. Disney’s take on the fairy tale has had a significant cultural impact, resulting in popular theme park attractions, a video game, and a Broadway musical.

I think I am so happy tonight because I just ordered a new lens for my OLYMPUS camera. On Wednesday I should be getting a Zuiko 60mm Macro f 2.8 lens . The 60mm is equivalent to a 120mm on a full frame camera.

It should arrive Wednesday. April 1st and that is No Joke!

Okay, time to get out of here before you all fire me.

Mark:
                                    Pretty rose and I will listen to the song in the morning. I don’t want anything to ruin my good mood now.

Rich

Okay, I can see you are all huddled around your computer waiting for the answer. Here you go, Ta Da.

[B]That was the house of the Seven Dwarfs.[/B]

Lorell, that was a great animated movie. I think they redid it and made the color more saturated.
                                        Always fun to get new photo gear. You will have a good time with the new lens.

I am wondering how they would fit 7 dwarfs in there. Looks to small.

You may remember the first photo. I posted it a while back. Our first house we bought in 1968. My wife painted it and it hadn’t been painted since. It was recently bought ( maybe by a flipper) and remodeled. Quite a change.

Wow, Rich, that’s a major change. It seems that Grey is the most popular color around here if you are doing to paint a house. They even ripped away the entrance way. I’ll be anxious to see what further changes they’ll make to spruce the house up and the landscaping. I bet they did a lot inside too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.