WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics > The Information Kiosk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#226   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Adopted city Bangkok,Thailand

Re: November Classroom: PORTRAITURE

Well hello again this time it works and here it is.

To do in what you love is freedom and to love in what you do is happiness......writer unknown
  #227   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-06-2005, 05:17 PM
A Local Legend
UK

Hails from England

Shells - LOL! I think it's a great idea to sketch the subject first then transfer onto your painting surface, I always do this.

JoeJoe - Next year is just fine with me, so long as you PM me to let me peek when you're done!

Dewi - Well done, it really shows that you have worked on your blending. Your portrait is consistant throughout now, which is what matters far more than smoothness.
You have come so far on your very first portrait, are you pleased so far?
Just a couple more tweaks to give it some punch/life and you're ready to move on....

Bump up the highlights now everything is dry.
The pupil areas of the eyes need to be darker, then bump up just the two main highlights with white, leaving the other highlights as a feint reflected light.
Don't forget the tiny highlights among the bottom eyelashes.
The shadow area under the chin could do with going darker a tone or two.
The crease in the corner of the mouth/cheek needs adjusting slightly outwards and upwards to make her smile. It's a small adjustment that will really make a difference.

See how the final touches add life to the portrait, how the mouth adjustment makes her look more relaxed and content?

It is a super portrait and all your hard work is really showing.
  #228   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-06-2005, 08:52 PM

Anita yes I'm very pleased so far and hope nothing goes wrong when colour is in. After your adjusting in the corner of the mouth it really make smile not half smiling ..yes relax and the eyes are more sparkling/alive. No need highlight on the upper eyelid .. the real colour of the eyes and hair is dark brown, thanks.

To do in what you love is freedom and to love in what you do is happiness......writer unknown
  #229   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-07-2005, 06:00 AM

Anita.. this is after the last highlight and shadows..thanks a lot.

#230   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Enthusiast
New Jersey

Hails from England

Anita,
Sorry I did not make it in time, I was waiting on a pic of my friend and I also couldn't get my prefered surface locally (Blick solved that prob)

Anyway I need your advice. The pic I received from my friend's wife is not what I hoped. I was able to play with it in Irframview so I could see the eyes!!!
The real thingy is: I have to adjust the pose!

Have you done this before, my drawing skills are moderate. Any tips or pointers would be welcome.
The picture was taken from above, I will "transpose" it to just below eye level and turn him a bit.

When I start, probably tonight, I will post it in a thread (or maybe not) but thought this was a good place to get your attention.