WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#346   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-28-2020, 12:23 PM
A Local Legend

Re: QDC - our Quick-Dry-Cafe ..... come chat!

Thanks for your concern....’blue’ is O.K and isolated..horrible story from the beach area I lived for years...a reporter from NYC, covering the virus, attended a church party of 25 people, a few weeks ago...two of the people died yesterday, 7 others are in serious condition in the hospital an d the reporter and her family all have the virus...plus others?...sad story but it is a very serious issue!...
  #347   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-28-2020, 06:03 PM
Enthusiast
Fort Nelson, BC, Canada

Hails from Canada

This is my other cat, Abby. She's so sweet, quiet, undemanding, respectful, timid and loves to cuddle with her mom. Shes my little princess. They are both 17 mos old. Shadow is short haired, Abby has long silky hair and a ruff like a Maine coon but she's just a little thing under all that hair.

- "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." - Joshua 24:14

#348   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2020, 01:26 AM
Enthusiast
Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Wow, your Abby is a copy of my Jinx! Jinxy is now 14 years old but he is in excellent condition and a total lover! He's also a hermaphrodite so he could also be an "Abby" as a she. Back when he was young I'd switch pronouns every other year. I got stuck on the "he" about 8 years ago.

And here's me from the other day. Beckett is in my lap and the white dog, Howie belongs to the friend taking the photo. Howie and Beckett have been best buddies for years!

Feel like I'm looking OLD in this photo! I need a hair cut!

Sheila

-Helen Keller
  #349   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2020, 04:52 AM
Enthusiast
Adelaide area South Australia

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_hobbyist
The virus is taking is toll on the US now. Other than a national shortage of toilet paper (are you kidding?) st paddy's day passed without parades and many bars are shuttered as are restaurants, baseball, basketball, hockey, movie theaters, art museums and all art clubs at least in the Tampa Bay FL area. There's talk about closing some of the beaches to prevent the spring breakers from contracting the plague. I will miss my annual voyeuristic trip to the local beach. We old folk who are most vulnerable are told to self isolate for up to 8 weeks, which should mean we now have lots of time to do artwork or whatever.
The problem is that I had planned and I and several friends had paid substantial $$$ for gallery space for a one-man show in April. I had 40 paintings ready to go. Unfortunately a nonrefundable deal. Well at least the few people who would have shown up won't need to get tested.

Sorry to hear that... what a dreadful anxiety filled time we are all living in. The non refundable $$ I don't quite get that... I mean, I would argue you ordered a product and because of govt legislation, the event did not occur, therefore, unless the gallery owner puts it on hold until things settle down, I don't believe you should be the loser...
Mind though, I don't know your laws..

Take care and yes, we have time to paint now, although for me, we have gorgeous weather, and still waiting for a decent rainfall... so sunshine most of the days here...

Cheers
Merri
  #350   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2020, 07:08 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Merri, have all of the fires iced? Coved-19 seems to gave pushed all other news off the agend,

Nice pics of pets ladies .... and of Sheila!😁

Blue, glad you're ok ... so sad about those from your former home area.

Thursday, at 8pm, people came to their front doors to applaud the medical staff and Care workers .... next Thursday, the same, for all other key workers keeping the country supplied.

A bonus ... less traffic on the roads means less pollution and clearer night skies! The stars really do look brighter!

I'm a bit concerned about a friend a few doors down the toad .. she is sounding despondent on the phone ... she's so used to being out every day, walking and using buses .... she's not even taking a daily exercise walk ATM.
We're not supposed to visit and today, it's too cold, wet and blustery to stand at the end of her drive and shout to her!
Winter has returned.... snow and sleet, but nothing lying on the ground.

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #351   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2020, 08:04 AM
Enthusiast
Adelaide area South Australia

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Mum
Merri, have all of the fires iced? Coved-19 seems to gave pushed all other news off the agend,

Nice pics of pets ladies .... and of Sheila!😁

Blue, glad you're ok ... so sad about those from your former home area.

Thursday, at 8pm, people came to their front doors to applaud the medical staff and Care workers .... next Thursday, the same, for all other key workers keeping the country supplied.

A bonus ... less traffic on the roads means less pollution and clearer night skies! The stars really do look brighter!

I'm a bit concerned about a friend a few doors down the toad .. she is sounding despondent on the phone ... she's so used to being out every day, walking and using buses .... she's not even taking a daily exercise walk ATM.
We're not supposed to visit and today, it's too cold, wet and blustery to stand at the end of her drive and shout to her!
Winter has returned.... snow and sleet, but nothing lying on the ground.

Maureen, no we have not iced.. lol. Only about once every 5-10yrs Jack Frost comes visiting in the winter..

It is just lovely with the fire recovery, lots of people have voluntarily gone out to help farmers.. but I don't think our PM has had time to work out housing yet. Don't worry, Aussies are a good bunch, everyone is helping out...including our pm and treasurer with money.

I will say, there is a noticeable Our Indian Sikh community, the Iranian community and a lot of the refugees have pitched in to freely help in any way including monetary. It makes me feel very good about how wonderful they have been since arriving on our shores, some in boats.
In times of trouble goodness comes to the fore.
For that we can be truly thankful.

In my state, it is warm still, we have beautiful weather to be honest, and I have taken that opportunity to get out and do stuff, cleaning and gardening. I have completed a painting that has taken me on and off 2 months... I posted it in its own thread.

Your friend might be watching movies? I know a lot of people that are taking this opportunity to watch movies. Hope it is something as simple as that. Besides, it is hard to keep up with the rules regarding what we can and cannot do regarding this wretchedness that is occurring.

I saw videos re people clapping your medical workers... so very nice. I have a lot of friends in UK and all over the world.
Take care and sorry your spring isn't behaving.

Cheers
Merri
  #352   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2020, 10:31 AM
WC! Guide
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada

Awww love the pet pictures. Abby reminds me of my Sasquatch from many years ago. He was so sweet and soft but only lived 2 years.

Here's a picture when he was younger and less fluffy, with Scratch. Scratch started out as a stray but eventually became very friendly and greeted everyone who came to the house.

And here's R2D2.

mkmcreations.com *** My Acrylic Gallery
Every painting is a new adventure.
  #353   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2020, 12:55 PM
Victoria, Vancouver Island

Hails from Canada

That's very cool Michelle.

Hang in there Blue--the world needs that colour!

Maureen it sounds very hard for your neighbour. Some people are quiet semi-isolated types (like my housemates!) and others like to get out and see people. I am a "see people" person, and so I have to keep distracting myself around the house. Usually by phoning or emailing people. Our phone bill will be something else this month.

Time for our corona quarantine breakfast rations. Will I have cream of wheat or dry toast? Oh, it's Sunday, perhaps I can persuade the ration mistress to allow us a teaspoon of jam.

Moderator Acrylics Forum~~~Reference Image Library
  #354   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2020, 02:25 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Lol Merri, I wondered what you meant by 'iced', checked back and saw it! Damn the iPad and its propensity for changing words !!!!!😲😂

I could be without an internet connection from Thursday, until life nears normality again!
At the beginning of March I decided Virgin was no longer going to fleece me every month and signed a contract with Sky instead ... at half the price of Virgin, whom we have been with for many years.
Got a text from Sky to postpone the switch, due to the situation ... fair enough.
Have spent hours on phone trying to get through to Virgin to tell them not to cancel my subscription .... after 30 mins on Hold each time, they just cut off and I have to ring again! ..... and on it goes. What a waste of a day!
Looks like that's my job for tomorrow too!😔😏

Did you enjoy breakfast Colin .... no bacon and eggs on a Sunday? 😀

Michelle, that's great!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #355   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2020, 03:18 PM
Enthusiast
Fort Nelson, BC, Canada

Hails from Canada

Great pet pics! I love seeing pics of the pets.

Sheila, let the hair grow out. Long gray hair is in these days. I'm letting my gray hair grow long now. It was almost waist length about 8 years ago and I cut it very short. I miss it and have decided to grow it long again, so I can use creative toys in it. I make hand carved willow hair sticks and some artsy steel ones.

Michelle, lol That R2D2 sure looks like a cuddly and affectionate pet! lol.
Love the kitty pics!

I get out and walk a lot usually, but our weather has turned cold again and too windy to walk for a few days now. I was working part time in an office that's still open for staff only as of last week. I was told at end of day that we will probably be completely closed now but will be working from home. I'm to still submit my hours and do what I can here. Not for sure, yet but I'll be finding out today. Then I won't be getting out at all!

I do have two new large canvases that I'm staring at now, trying to decide whether or not to start a new painting or rip out the old shower and build shelves in there. Big decision...I've been trying to decide for a few days now...can't seem to make up my mind. I don't seem to have the ambition to do either one.

lol
- "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." - Joshua 24:14