WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#796   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2017, 08:41 PM
Nesconset, NY, LI

Hails from United States
Re: Who are you? I really want to know!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdezra
Hi everyone--I'm a brand new member and figured I would plunge in with a short post about myself. I've been lurking here a while and reading up on tips, technique, etc. like a madman. Some of the members on here are so incredibly talented. Wow... I know I cannot be that good, but I enjoy admiring as I consider websites like this a kind of virtual museum.

I live in New York City and work at a Media/Entertainment company, though my job has *zero* to do with drawing or coloring. Instead, I work on the financial and business side of the company. Nevertheless, I enjoy doodling during meetings and better yet... when I have spare time I adore creating drawings that are in an eclectic range from charcoal portraits (ala Masters Drawings--very rough drafts style) to pencil drawings to nudes and mandalas--though not 'nude mandalas' ... (actually, for the mandalas I have been creating very geometric shapes lately with a good old fashioned compass and ruler--painfully slow, but I have found a computer program tat does the same, so I might experiment with that art too) I . Lately, I have starting coloring (or is the word 'colorizing'?) some work... but the results have been mixed. Clearly I need to study some more technique and practice, practice, practice.

I keep a Canson Sketch pad in my office along with my many drawing pencils (mostly Tombow and Staedtler brands, with 2B and HB being my most often used hardness). I love to use my charcoal pencils (I find vine charcoal is too messy for me everyday) mostly from General brand (Med and Ex Soft), though I recently picked up some of the Tinted Charcoal pencils from Derwent but have not had time to use them yet. (So much to draw, so little time.) I also have an obsessive collection of erasers ranging from kneaded to magic rub to Mars, etc. Definitely an addiction.

Lately I picked up the colored pencil bug, and have been doing some learning. I've been experimenting (very very primitive things) but will post some work here when I feel more comfortable... though my tonal ranges and shading have a looooong way to go--its very frustrating at first. I currently have a set of Prismacolor and also a set of Polychromos.

When I'm not drawing or working, I have a goodly sized family (wife and five small kids at home--the family that colors together, stays together? ) that takes up most of my time. When online, I tend to spend time reading abotu techniques, watching helpful YouTube videos or drooling over supplies on DickBlick.com (do we all do that, or am I possessed? ) So, actually, I have some supplies at my job office, but also have supplies at home since the kids all want to use Dad's Pencils (which I do not mind sharing with them as long as they are responsible).

Anyway, here I am. Glad I found this place. If anyone has some good links to "Beginner" threads or sites on learning more about shading with color, please holler.

-Ezra

No, You're not possessed! I not only look at and drool over the art supplies, I buy WAY too many. I think it's an addiction, especially to colored pencils. I have (all LARGE sets) of Caran D'Ache, FC Polychromos, Lyra Rembrandt, Prismacolor--all 150 of them, FC Albrecht Durer watercolor pencils, Derwent Coloursoft and Inktense, FC PITT Pastel Pencils (still trying to figure out what to do with them) and many more, so don't feel bad at all! I LOVE colored pencils!
  #797   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2017, 08:48 PM
Texas

Hails from United States

Hi, I have been working with colored pencils, primarily Prismacolor, but others if they have shades that interest me. I do portraits and figure studies.

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/
  #798   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-11-2017, 07:11 AM
Norfolk, England

Hails from England

Hi all my name is Steven I was born and raised in England quite a few years ago and still live just 13 miles from where I was born. I met my wife when we where just 14 we have been married 45 years this June. We have 2 daughters and 1 son who have given us 8 wonderful grandchildren, 4 boys and 4 girls and now 2 great grandchildren. I haven't spent as much time on WC or with my art as I would like lately due to life getting in the way, hopefully we are through the worst and can spend more time on the fun things.
  #799   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-26-2017, 05:01 PM

Hails from United Kingdom

Greetings all!

My name is Bonnie (AKA NizhoniWolf) and i am from Hampshire, UK. I am 30 yrs old and live with my partner, son of 21mts and two sled dog types (One of which we work pulling dry-land sleds, backpacking and weight pull. The other is Retired...shes 10 this month ).

I am mostly a colour pencil artist, but i also dabble in watercolour (and would like to learn more about this medium) I Mostly use Prisma color and have brought a small tin of Faber-Castell to experiment with. I Also do Pyrography (Burning an illustration into wood or leather) I consider myself to be predominantly a fantasy and/or Anthro artist (Beatrix potter styled animals and were-animals).

I am hoping to learn more skills, share skills and make friends!
  #800   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-04-2017, 02:54 AM

Hi Everyone

New to the forum and just wanted to say hello.

My name is Scott and I have just recently began drawing with CP. Bit of a newbie so hoping to learn lots from this site and I am looking forward to being a part of the community.

#801   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2017, 01:37 AM

Hi Everyone.....

I'm fairly new to Wet Canvas, new to this forum, and this is my first post! I'm an "artist want-to-be"; and I would categorize myself as a colorist and card maker. I have no drawing talents, even though I've tried since I was a kid, thus I've enjoyed stamping or adult coloring books, and using other peoples artwork to express myself.

I have numerous sets of colored pencils which I enjoy using, shading, layering, bringing that page to life with color. I also enjoy alcohol markers, mainly Copic and Chameleon, as well as watercolors. Putting down color makes me happy!!

I've just discovered Pan Pastels for my coloring book backgrounds, and see loads of ways to incorporate them into my cards. The excitement of creating a piece of my imagination to send to someone can be pure joy.

I'm so happy to be here to gain knowledge and ideas to help me grow.
  #802   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2017, 02:26 PM

Hi,

I am from Nova Scotia and I have just recently started drawing and colouring through the inspiration and encouragement of my daughter who is 11 yrs old and loves art.

I am 41 yrs old and have 2 boys and a girl and have been married for 15 yrs. I have found drawing to be very relaxing and a great stress reliever. When you see your drawing come to life as you complete it is just so sayisfying. I have been searching the site since I joined and seeing all the work people have posted is really incredible and inspiring.
  #803   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-19-2017, 09:44 AM

Hails from United Kingdom

Hi. I'm from UK and started with coloured pencils this year. I'm also trying to improve my watercolour painting, and I like to combine the two (CP over watercolour). I'm hoping to try and master watercolour pencils too.

I'm studying botanical and natural history illustration, so right now I'm trying to paint plants, flowers, fruits, birds and insects in an accurate, realistic style. I like looser styles too though.

I've been lurking wetcanvas for years to find information and answers to questions, but now I've decided I'd like to chat and get involved too!
  #804   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2017, 03:33 PM

Hello,
I'm in new in art and I'm here to improve my (low) skills and to meet fellow artists! I love colored pencils, especially I'd like to paint landscapes in colored pencils. Hope to get some good advice