WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-20-2008, 11:57 AM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States
Re: Who are you? I really want to know!!

Welcome back, Ann, I remember you! I honestly think this forum has it all over MANY of the books out there. We have the most current tips and trends and nothing beats the help we can get from one another!

Funny, I just watched the tribute to the Who on VH1 a few nights ago. I've seen them several times in person but never without the original 4. Kinda sad.

Michelle, so glad you're joining us! I think the fact that you don't need dedicated space to create pieces in vivid color is one of the BEST things about cps! I am taking a class now as well, a printmaking class, and I have found that rather than taking time AWAY from my art, it somehow pushes in in all of the things I like to do (paint, cps, printmaking, and now some pen and inks!) I am a Gemini...but maybe a double Gemini? I like to try everything!

Anyway, hope to see lots more of you here in our forum.
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-20-2008, 12:45 PM
VA

Hails from United States

Let's see who am I? I've been trying to figure that one out myself! So far this is what I have down: My name's Rebecca and I'm 23 years old. I am most happily married to the first person I ever dated and we'll have been hitched a whole year come October 13 (we were engaged for 3 years). I am an avid horse and nature lover,, and of course an art lover! I also play the silver flute and the Native American flute. I've been with WC for about a year now and man! talk about massive improvments!!

I grew up in the quiet mountains of Virginia and right now I am living in a College town to attend a Uni., and man what a stark contrast! I have squeeky springs upstairs and drunks on my stoop but durring the day all is pleasent because everyone else has a hangover!!

Welp, I guess that pretty much sums a bit of me up!

~::Becca::~
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Delhi

Hails from India

hi, iam bindu.i live in india.i have been on wetcanvas for almost a year now.i was always interested in drawing and painting.i have got two sons one 12and other 5.iam a finance professional but between the jobs i started painting watercolours and then drifted into cp.i have been woring in cp for the last few monthsand i am finally realising that this is something i always wanted to do.reading about people in this thread gives a very nice feeling of connecting to some many people across bounderies and across long distances
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-20-2008, 04:49 PM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Becca, what a neat romance story, I too am still with my first boyfriend and we have been married for almost 36 years and I am CRAZY about him! It is possible!!!

Good luck with school, at least you have some stories to tell "back home", lol. Looking forward to seeing more of you here!

Bindu, it is so neat to make friends all over the world who have the same interests in common! I used to have neighbors who were from India, nice folks and we had some really, really YUMMY meals together! She cooked with less spice for us, it was still really hot! But fabulous. Love to see your work!
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Veteran Member

I love this thread! Hello all of you!

My name is Stephanie, I am 33. I have been Married to hubby Michael for 11 Years, we were childhood sweethearts and met at the tender age of 15/17.

We have 4 Children 3 boys and a girl. aged 11,10,7, and 3.

We live in Newmarket UK, on a beautiful racehorse breeding Stud where Michael works.

We are animal crackers, owning 1 pony, a GSD ansd a Springer Spaniel, 2 cats, 3 guinea pigs (plus one is having babies!) lol.

I have always painted and drawn, I was taught in weekly lessons by a traditional artist for several years as a child, for which I will always be etenally grateful to both her and my parents! I took it up again after a long break about 2 years ago. I have successfully been taking commissions for portraits and have had one exhibition. I am mainly a CP artist, but also dabble in Oils and Pastels.
I am trying to concentrate on horse work as that is where my heart lies!!!

My work is on my WWW below if you are interested.

My aims in life
......to raise sensible, fulfilled and happy children!
......to have an Exhibition here as I only moved here 9 weeks ago.
......To sell portraits of Racehorses to these Owners!!!!!

Oh and I am ALWAYS annoyingly happy, even when under pressure. lol
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-21-2008, 06:22 PM
A Local Legend
Living on the Island....

Hails from Canada

Great idea to start another thread Robin!
It is super to meet up with familiar faces from years ago...and new faces appearing almost daily (it seems) in the forums!
I've been a bit quiet on the forums lately...been involved with other issues. Let's hope I can get back into the swing of things a little again.
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-21-2008, 07:43 PM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Stephanie, great to see you! I love your work.

Hope to see lots of you here in our cp forum!

MEISIE! I hope the "other issues" are good ones and if not, hope yu can resolve them soon. We want you "swingin" with us again!
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Hope, Rhode Island

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinZ

Except our pitbull Otto, the best dog in the world (no offense to your dogs!)

I spend most of my time in the drawing/sketching forums so I wont bore you with details about myself but I have 3 pitbulls named Bella, Bruno and Faith and surely THEY are indeed the best dogs Ok ok, can we just agree that pitbulls in general are the best dogs? I think thats fair.

Alex
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-22-2008, 01:11 PM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Alex, absolutely!! Besides being friendly (okay, over friendly) they are so smart and interested in everything you do. I was tricked into buying him (told he was a mix that didn't include pb!) but I wouldn't trade him for the world. He's made friends with every single person he's met who initially were wary of him. They are the best if raised normally.

Anywya, now that you've posted you are obligated to do a colored pencil drawing of your pits. (Just kidding!)
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Enthusiast
Las Vegas, Nevada

Hails from United States

Hi my name is Art--- I spend most of my time in the Pin and Ink Forum, but ocassionally have to come over here to get a color fix. I so enjoy viewing the BEAUTIFUL CP works I've seen in here. I'm 55 years old and work as an engineer. I retired from the Air Force as a Captain after I split career. I love making music as well... Guitar, bass, mandolin, banjo... I have too many interests and not enough time to satisfy my apetite for them all. I like mixing media and have tried a mix of P&I and CP. I'm still working on getting a nice blend of the two. I'm married to my wife Jeanette and have a Pom named Mandi. Of course she's spoiled rotten and I wouldn't have it any other way. I've dabbled in WC and oil and a little digital... I'm always drawn to new things and new ideas. I love the inspiration I get when I visit this forum. Thank you!

Visit my Facebook Page: Air Wing Graphics
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Hope, Rhode Island

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinZ

Anywya, now that you've posted you are obligated to do a colored pencil drawing of your pits. (Just kidding!)

Ill make a deal with you. If you post up a drawing of your dog I will do the same. Keep in mind it will be my first CP piece but I am willing to give it a shot and post however it turns out. I have a few hundred dollars worth of prismacolor pencils that dont even get used. Its a shame but I havent had the nerve to really try them. Ill warn you though, I might get hooked on CPs and then you will have to deal with me around here alot more.

Alex
  #72   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Enthusiast
Upstate NY

Hails from United States

Hi y'all!

I am.

Okay, on the less philosophically deep other hand, I'm Sarah. I'm a mommy of three (just had my last, finally a girl, and shut down the factory), ages 11, 6, and 7 months, an aspiring tattoo artist, and an all around goofball.

I'm still sort of in culture shock due to moving all the way across the country last year from bright lights big city Las Vegas to this tiny town in the middle of nowhere in western NY. My kids are benefitting from the better schools, though, and my husband is the social butterfly of the group, so I think I'm known about town as "Jamey's wife, you know, the one with the pink hair".

I'm trying to avoid promises to stick around, since I've done that three times already. I really am in a "concentrate on art" mode right now, though, so I look forward to being back in the fold, at least for a while!

I'm terminally optimistic but extraordinarily cynical, I have a warped sense of humor, and I love my prismacolors so much that I'd marry them. My husband is lucky he knows how to fix cars.

I look forward to getting to know you all through your art!

I have heard the languages of the apocalypse, and now I shall embrace the silence.
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-23-2008, 02:14 PM
A Local Legend
Milan, Illlinois

Hails from United States

I don't always post a reply on this thread, but I do read it, and I just want to welcome the new, and "old" members to the cp forum. Alex, I would love to see a drawing of your pitbull(s). I'm sure Robin has several of her dog already! Art, I love the photo that you posted. Which one are you...Raggedy Ann or Andy?! Steph, it is nice to see you on the forum again, and Sarah, nice to meet you (you're one of the old members who were before my time). Bindu, welcome to the cp forum!

I don't have time to go back to the last page that I looked at, but I promise, I check in here once in a while, especially if I see a new name that I'm not familiar with.

Char

CRY Colored Pencil Art
  #74   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Lord of the Arts
New England

Hails from United States

Wow...so many interesting people...and so many of us 'seniors' as well. So far I think I top the group in age (70), and have been married 43 1/2 years (together for 45) to my husband, who is a Vet of the Korean/VietNam war, and who is 100% disabled, and wheelchair bound for 5 years now. So I am primary caregiver.
My name is Judy (i use Judibelle here) and we have 2 grown (married)daughters and 5 grandchildren who we adore. I live in the Berkshires of Massachusetts, which is also where I grew up.
Unlike so many others here, my interest in art is very recent. I have done writing (children's stories), singing (trio and barbershop) and when I turned 60 joined a watercolor group at the local Senior Center. However, there was really no instruction, and I didnt do very well with it. I then joined a local art league, where I took a watercolor workshop and was told 'before you can paint, first you have to learn to draw'.
I struggled along for a few years, then took a class that gave me some basics, but my drawing/painting still didnt get much better. I sort of worked my way into pastels, which I seemed to do better at, and have 'played' with them for over a year now.
WetCanvas was mentioned a couple of years ago by another caregiver. I was fascinated by it, but took to only lurking and learning. Recently I purchased a printer/scanner. and have since starting participating. What a blessing this site has been for me. I have learned SO much...(even though I cant yet apply it all) and am SO grateful for all the support and instruction that is available.
I am enjoying the c/p forum....learning about color etc. And there is so much more yet to learn! The Basic 101's were invaluable in helping me to 'see'. The Drawing & Sketching forum has prompted me to get out of my comfort zone and try things I would normally never do... The watercolor forum, though I've just started there, will help me develop the watercolor skills I never had.
So I feel like Im in heaven....all this wondrous art available for the taking! Thank you, all who contribute to this wonderful website....
Sincerely....Judi
  #75   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-25-2008, 06:22 PM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Alex, you are on! No Char, no portraits of Otto, you know the story of the shoemaker's children? But yeah, you are right, time for Otto to get his portrait done. So get those pencils out Alex!! (And you WILL get hooked...let us know if you have any questions while you're working, we're happy to help!)

Art, great to know you. Looking foward to all your cp work!

Sarah, great to see you back. We're CHAINING you to the forum now, so get those pencils sharpened!

Judi, welcome here!! I tried wc, it didn't "take". (Not enamored with "happy accidents", lol!!) I love the control I get with cps..and the details are unmatched.

C'mon and give them a whirl, we'll help you with any questions you have. Lots of different cp artists with lots of different techniques and styles here and we all love to help one another.