WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Printmaking
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Stouffville, Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada
Re: Weekly Brayer April 23 - 30 2012

Brian, about the class, maybe just start out your two block process as a 'mystery' project, with abstract shapes and then have them overprint the two colours. Then the next project, they could control the process if they wish. Just a thought (never thought the process would seem that complicated though).
I'm getting ready to send out prints to the Compact Disk Exchange, and need to decide which three of six I'm ready to give up.

2 layer reduction linocut, fits a compact disk jewel case.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-27-2012, 10:28 AM
A Local Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Thanks Diane, check out my blog www.ecdcostume.printinsights.com, I have many of my past creations there, a bunch more I need to post (some day when I have a minute!).

Ingrid, that's a lovely print, beautiful rhythms. I also had a look at your journal, I like the story about live music, it is so true! We dance most of the time to recorded music (English Country Dance) but when we can we get live musicians, what a difference, it lifts our feet!

Hi Magrit, good luck with the roof!

Last edited by LynnM : 04-27-2012 at 10:32 AM.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Stouffville, Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Thanks Lynne, I play so badly I wouldn't dare offer to play for you, but I love they Country Dances that come up in my lessons. Carulli 1770-1841; they sound like earlier music to me. Not sure if this 'brayer' conversation, but pretty cool about your country dance activities, and costumes. Well met, indeed.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Veteran Member

Hails from United Kingdom

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a long while. Just thought I'd pop in seeing as I've not long since received my set from Maria's Big City project and it got me to thinking of everyone here.

I am still printmaking - exhibiting when I can, time permitting. I am hoping to enter a Print Biennial in a couple of months - woodcut & intaglio collagraph. I like the sound of the technique described above and will have a look at the weblink.

I have also recently set up a (very) small business in hand printed folk style linocut notebooks, hand bound journals and now wedding stationery - thinking ahead to when my littlest will be at nursery. It has been going very well with a lot of interest from small galleries and shops as well as commissions - so all good! Hopefully I may yet earn my living as a printmaker. Give it time lol.

Lovely to see some familiar names here and hi too to all those who don't know me.

Fiona