WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-01-2017, 05:07 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter As the Oily Rag Burns.... December 2017

Spontaneous combustion in this thread!!! Post your non-oil works...photos..or just come and chat...Everyone is welcome...!!!
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-01-2017, 11:21 AM
A Local Legend

Re: As the Oily Rag Burns.... December 2017

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

Becca, so sorry you ended up canceling your trip after all. I hope your old injury heals up fast!

Nancy, congrats on the sale! Your encaustics really are beautiful. What size are they?

First day back from my trip, and so much to do! It is going to be a busy weekend.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-01-2017, 09:26 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thanks Marcia...Doc says expect 6 weeks and those were my thoughts as well...too much going on right now to devote proper time to the exercises though...trying none the less...major disappointment bout the financial blow..maybe will work out .. maybe not...

glad you had your little get away...sometimes it only takes few days for a fresh perspective.
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-02-2017, 12:34 AM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Oh, Beccs! Six weeks is really long when you're trying to get better. Been there, cone that. I hope you can get through it nicely, especially since a trip to Vancouver is on your schedule.

Marcia, it does sound like your trip was a nice breather! The encaustic paintings are fairly small, about eight to ten inches in width. One of the drawbacks seems to be that if I go much larger, I lose the ability to keep the composition intact.

I think I may ask the lady who taught me how to do them about pre-planning out for a larger project, since she said a year ago that she was thinking of doing a much larger work. I really love her work, and I bought one of hers last year when she was selling them downtown.

If I can get my camera working, I'll take a picture of it. It's only a six by six, but I found it irresistable!

#5   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-02-2017, 03:00 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thanks, Nancy...and I'll admit, really have been feeling the need for a get away...will have to wait I guess..frustrating...

hope you can get the camera working for the pics...no doubt frustrating not to have one....
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-02-2017, 11:47 AM
A Local Legend

Happy Caturday!!!

Nancy, I hope your camera and associated image issues get sorted out. I would love to see some of your newer stuff. Your encaustics are about what I imaged they would be size wise. Learning to go bigger would be very exciting!

There is a full moon coming up this evening, I hope to get some pictures of it coming up behind a certain building. I was outside when it came up last night, I wish I had gone over to the site to see exactly where, so I could be better prepared. Hopefully when it starts showing, I will have time to maneuver. I ought to be able to try again Sunday.

I think this is really pawesome!

#7   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-02-2017, 07:08 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

I am adjusting to not making my trip this go...will work something else out later...after Vancouver...

and Marcia you are right...full moon and Mercury in retrograde at same time...I may be shielded here by the cloud cover...but moon is in Gemini and Mercury is Gemini's planet...so double for me as I'm Gemini...
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-03-2017, 11:36 AM
A Local Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

I am hanging at the gallery this morning. Lots of artists signed up for December, so it is going to be a big show. It is my last commitment for awhile. Hopefully I won't feel compelled to take on any more fore awhile.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-03-2017, 03:12 PM
Lima, Peru

Hails from Ireland

Let there be Light!!!

Just caught this as the sun whipped around my painting Space,,, Love this light... I must hunt around for a few objects to put together fro a Still Life and hope We'll be having sun again tomorrow.... Reflected light in particular here... surprising given that the majority of these items are dull plastic...
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-03-2017, 06:41 PM
A Local Legend

Nice composition and lighting!!! I hope you can recapture it. I took some test shots last night, if any came out even half that good, I will post it.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-04-2017, 12:35 AM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Zooreka, it looks very good, and I love the lighting!

Marcia, that moon kept me awake last night, it was beautiful. Of course when himself came to bed he pulled the drapes in, so I did get some sleep! Thanks for those precious kittens!

I'm still not much into shape to take on more encaustic work, but I do ever-so-much enjoy it. And the best part is that they sell well.

Right now my back is giving me Hell. I had a lot of trouble staying asleep last night because of it, and of just getting over a cold. Sneezing is not recommended for my left clavicle at the moment...

Becca, good luck with your recovery, and feel better soon.

#12   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-04-2017, 05:43 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thank you Nancy...sounds as if you have plenty of issues of your own....good luck with your recovery too...

Caught a few shots of that moon from my balcony...

Name:  fullsizeoutput_1a5fresize.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  53.3 KB
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-04-2017, 11:14 AM
A Local Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

HEALING VIBES TO ---->>> BECCA and NANCY!!! I hope you are both recovered soon!

Last night I saw this recipe(?) on how to make little penguins out of olives and cream cheese:
http://allrecipes.com/video/4229/cre...entType=recipe

The gallery is having a holiday party next Sunday, so I think I will make them!
I ordered the eyes on amazon last night, and need to pick up the olives and cream cheese

Beautiful moonrise here too, but I just didn't have the oooomph to get the camera out and photograph it.
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-04-2017, 11:55 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Oh Marcia...thanks for the cute penguin recipe....gives me an idea...

and thanks for the healing vibes....

my moonshot was iPhone...lol
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-04-2017, 01:15 PM
A Local Legend

Here is a test photo I took the other night. The lens was wrong for it, but it gave me a good idea of what to do when I set up for real.