WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2017, 03:07 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter As the Oily Rag Burns.... November 2017

Spontaneous combustion in this thread!!! Post your non-oil works...photos..or just come and chat...Everyone is welcome...!!!
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2017, 11:16 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States
Re: As the Oily Rag Burns.... November 2017

Hi, Becca! Where has everybody disappeared??? It's the first of November, so you need to post your words of wisdom here.

I worked a Cryptoquote yesterday that turned out to be by one of my favorite authors:

Sometimes there is no darker place than our own thoughts, the moonless midnight of the mind. - Dean Koontz

I think it must have been made for Halloween!

#3   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-02-2017, 12:59 AM
A Local Legend

No words of wisdom here. Long day cleaning house and packing, same tomorrow, but I think the house will be ready by Friday afternoon when the renters arrive. I am really going to miss my kitchen the most. I designed it, and while it isn't very big, it was designed for someone who cooks. Deep drawers instead of cupboards below the counters, which is much better for retrieving pots and pans than bending down and digging them out. I am seriously considering using the dishwasher for storage.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-02-2017, 01:48 AM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

I don't have a dishwasher, Marcia, but somehow I like having my hands in hot water. Maybe I'm just weird.

I love the idea of having deep drawers instead of cabinets - it sounds very efficient.

#5   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-02-2017, 09:20 AM
Lord of the Arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyMP
Hi, Becca! Where has everybody disappeared??? It's the first of November, so you need to post your words of wisdom here.
I've disappeared to landscape forum .. busy there this month of November.

Nancy
, you have birthday soon, correct? If I recall we're born the same time of the year .. almost. This morning we've been baking cake or better said - husband was baking - I was instructing ... boy that was a mess but we managed to get a cake out of oven. Tomorrow adding cream and decorations -> then eat it with Muffin's help, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyMP
Sometimes there is no darker place than our own thoughts, the moonless midnight of the mind. - Dean Koontz
LOVE that sentence!

I thought to post some muffins (lol lol) taken this morning so here they are. This afternoon we will have a Repin class again and we will be painting another skull with umber and white, the last one was umber only. In the end I will have whole collection of skulls.

Grumpy Muffin:

I haven't been painting any pumpkins this Halloween but instead taken photos with Muffin & pumpkins.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-02-2017, 11:37 AM
A Local Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NANCY AND MOSCATEL!!!

Muffin is addorable as always!
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-02-2017, 05:23 PM
A Local Legend
Stockholm, Sweden

Hails from Sweden

Happy Birthday !!!!!!!!!
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-02-2017, 05:24 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Aaawwww, Marcia! The cupcake looks lovely, and so is the cat! My birthday is not until the 15th, but thanks for the happy birthday!

Mosc, your cat photography is terrific, and rivals doing a gorgeous painting! Muffin is such a lovely kitty! I'm glad you like the Dean Koontz quote; I thought it was a bit fitting, since we're going into the darker side of the year. We'll be turning our clocks back from daylight savings time Saturday night. Less light always depresses me a little.

#9   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-02-2017, 05:25 PM
A Local Legend
Stockholm, Sweden

Hails from Sweden

Just went out and bought a new canvas... Fun awaits. I still have a couple of others on the go but I am letting the layers dry out and while I am doing that I am getting on with other works..
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-02-2017, 10:44 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

And, Nov is off and rolling!

Nancy, you just as well start your celebration now and run it long as you like...

Has been a busy, but rewarding day in a sense...tied many loose strings...still a few left dangling, but I feel so much better for it...they have been around too long....still much to do for many different arenas, but progress is being made in some...not sure about when or what I'll paint again now...sorta busy for a while again...but it will come around in time.
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2017, 02:15 PM
Enthusiast

No painting for me yet this month, but tomorrow and Sunday I will be demonstrating for our open studio tour.

Tonight I get to see both my girls together in the school play. Freshman and senior.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2017, 05:46 PM
A Local Legend
Washington state

Hails from United States

Hi everyone! I’m taking the opportunity to post now because it's a new month and I don’t have to go back pages and pages to respond!

Happy Birthday, Mosc and Nance!!!

It's party time!

I’ve been very busy, but having fun. I’m doing figure painting this quarter, and as I did with my portrait class, started off with some not-so-hot paintings but have been steadily improving. I’ve switched to artist grade paints - finally! - and it’s making a big difference. I should have done so years ago! I hope everyone had a great Halloween. It wasn’t the day of, but I dressed up a couple of days earlier (on National Cat Day) in a cat mask that I painted with Pearl’s markings.

Nancy, I’m glad to hear you’re doing so well now. I love the Koontz quote (both the alliteration and the idea)!

Marcia, it’s almost all done! Whew…you’ve been working on this transition for so long. I bet it feels wonderful to have it nearly completed. Deep drawers is a great idea, but since you can’t remodel the new place, you might also consider a pot hanger on the wall. That’s what I have and it’s an incredible space saver.

mosc, The cake sounds fun - did you get photos? Congrats on the landscape thread. I love the “muffins” too. She’s so photogenic and you’re a terrific photographer! Such dramatic lighting!

Hi Mark! I hope your painting is going well.

Yech…daylight savings. I’m already sleep-starved!

Becca, I’m glad to hear those loose strings are getting tied up and I hope it means you’ll be able to paint more soon. Whatever happened with your re-scheduled trip?

Dave, break a leg for your demo and the same to your two daughters for their performances.

“Never forget that justice is what love looks like in public...”
~Cornel West

Last edited by AnnieA : 11-03-2017 at 05:51 PM.
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2017, 08:37 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

This morning, before light saw another drone...flying slowly about my level from the east to the west...could have on the outside have been a helicopter...but the elevation was wrong...then sometimes perspective plays tricks in the dark...

then had a conversation with my attorney about an email I received from her earlier this week...she said, not from her, her account had been hacked...so now, I need to search for spyware...

and now, just back from a mid afternoon appointment I showed up timely for only to be greeted by locked doors...doc was at the other office location today...no one told me this, as a matter of fact when this was scheduled, the location I went to was specifically noted....

my friend noted the 'beaver moon' tonight for being responsible...but I doubt it...too typical a day...

Hi Annie..!!..and Dave...

Marcia missed you today!

and Mosc, now a chance to comment on the cool pics.
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2017, 09:32 PM
A Local Legend
Washington state

Hails from United States

Whew, Becca. I thought I was having a rough day! All that would leave me hiding under my bed! ...which was tempting anyhow, since it snowed today. It melted as soon as it hit the ground, but it's too soon! No wonder I felt so cold.

“Never forget that justice is what love looks like in public...”
~Cornel West

#15   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2017, 10:09 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

and that isn't to mention a few other things I'm now aware of...

it was cooler today Annie..but not snow cold here..yet...

I have protected Portland from severe winter by ordering a nice assortment of winter gear...
Becca's Fine Art my blog