WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2017, 05:53 PM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States
Re: WIP- Another centaur!

Here ya go Don ... older more weathered barn and log house! I've also started laying in base colors on Annie. I know you want to discuss her more so I won't do more on her until we talk again ... I missed you today so I'll call again tomorrow.

ETSY FACEBOOK FAA EPILOGUE
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-04-2017, 02:00 AM

Thumbs up Re: WIP- Another centaur!

Dear Kerry! Thank you for the changes! The house looks fine in it's rustic layout! The Barn also has some loose board siding! Great! Looks generationally used! Sorry I missed you today! I went to the Big city to do my monthly shopping! 65 miles up & back in fluffy COLD snow! I will be working in the shop down stairs Sat. If you call I think I can hear the ring. If not I will call YOU at 2:00PM. I've been thinking that the Boulonnais breed body is not right for Annie! Yes, I'm sorry! You will have to change Annie's lower body to another breed. I can't do it! Some small adjustments for you. I'm thinking a Jutland body would be more Annie! Same length legs she has already. Rounded lower belly, like my drawing. More powerful all around! We will discuss it tomorrow! Her base coloring looks fine! Stay Healthy & happy! Sincerely, chiron22--Don Kephart

Last edited by chiron22 : 11-04-2017 at 02:04 AM. Reason: another word or two
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-09-2017, 05:04 AM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

Updated Annie with a much chunkier body like a Jutland heavy horse.

This has some wacky color from my lights ... warm florescent on the left and cool led on the right.

#34   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-10-2017, 01:06 AM

Hi Kerry & those who are following along! Yes! Annie's lower body is now very powerful looking! You know...I missed the plates, Chicken & salad on the blanket for days! * Kerry...can I ask you for 4 small fixes on Annie. Please. 1) Her upper body lower back should join the lower body behind the arm. Making the upper body joining thicker looking. 2)Her horse body color and spots should show on the back side of Annie's upper arm. (Like my picture. Sort of! 3) Her upper body belly should blend/join the horse body's chest muscles smoother. If possible. 4) The horse hair on her upper belly & waist should be lowered about 1 1/2 inches. Her scale. And blended smoothly into skin. * I know you still have a good ways to go on this painting. Thought I might give you these ideas/tips before you started finishing Annie! Hope you are not mad & do not hit me! All the best to you for being SO GOOD of an Artist! Your admirer from afar! chiron22--Don Kephart

Last edited by chiron22 : 11-10-2017 at 01:23 AM. Reason: another word or two
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-13-2017, 05:40 PM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

Don I made some changes to her body structure to a much more robust Jutland horse type. I will add more to her musculature when I get into painting her horse parts. I gave her a face today ... not finished but much closer. Her waist has grown thicker and the hairline will lower a bit more when I blend that part again.

#36   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-14-2017, 01:07 AM

Dear Kerry! Thank you for the refinements! This is the first time I have seen the back of "Annie's" neck close up! It will be a light silver with freckles like her upper back arms! I think her face would only need a few darker skin freckles on her cheeks to complete it. Her upper waist looks stout & joins the horse body chest muscles very well! Her lower Jutland Body is looking more powerful with each session! Bravo! I like the mane going down the back of her neck! Looks very good! "Annie will look VERY beautiful, in her own way of course!" Till the next update, Stay Healthy & Happy! Sincerely, chiron22--Don K.

Last edited by chiron22 : 11-14-2017 at 01:08 AM. Reason: another word or two
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-19-2017, 06:17 AM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

Been playing with Annie's lower body color. It still needs refining and high lights. Speckles and freckles yet to come. I also retouched her mouth and am reworking her ear.

#38   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-20-2017, 12:25 AM

Hi Kerry! And where are our followers and their comments on this tutorial? Annie's lower body color and physical attributes are getting more defined! The items she is carrying are clearer and more finished. She HAS TEETH! I need to see a closer picture of them! Her forearms are getting thicker because she is a big and strong girl! The painting is coming along very nicely! Thank you again, Kerry! Till the next update, stay as good as you already are! chiron22--Don Kephart P.S. if you want...you CAN make Annie's ears a little smaller. Elf or Mr. Spock type. Or not.

Last edited by chiron22 : 11-20-2017 at 12:31 AM. Reason: another line
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-20-2017, 12:50 AM
WC! Guide
Huntington Beach, CA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiron22
Hi Kerry! And where are our followers and their comments on this tutorial?

We're here, enjoying the progress
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-20-2017, 01:16 AM

Thank you Alan P. in OC! You Rock! chiron22-Don Kephart
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-28-2017, 03:44 PM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

Hi Alan!

I finally have another update! I've done a lot on Annie now but still need to finish her hands and blouse

Don, did you want her to have furry silver ears ... or skin like I have here? Hair on arms all the way to her palms?

I changed the sky to eliminate those dreadful clouds ... it's now a bright cloudless Spring day!

#42   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2017, 02:26 AM

Hello Kerry & all following this tutorial! A cloudless sky!? Looks nice & clean! Annie's face is adorable! Just the right amount of freckles! Yes, Kerry. You can give her furry silvery ears. Her lower body color IS excellent! Along with her conformation? (Right word)? *Kerry, I hate to say this but Annie's upper back arm hair should only go to 2 inches above her forearm! She is just a BIG BEAUTY! If I was of her Race I would date her! ETC... Take her away from all of her toil! You are doing wonderful, Kerry! Thank you! Till the next update...Stay Happy! chiron22--Don Kephart
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2017, 09:31 PM

Dear Kerry, Two things to get correct please...1) Annie's ears can be silver on the outside & the hair inside the ear the same color as her head/tail but finer. 2) The hair/hide on her upper back arms should taper off & end 2 inches above the fore arms. Thank you for listening to my tips! chiron22--Don K.
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2017, 04:13 PM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

OK got the changes done and barring any other adjustments I'm calling it done.

#45   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-01-2017, 01:45 AM

Dearest Kerry! Thank you for these many finishing changes! The painting is a marvel to look at...by ME! I bet Annie has apples in that red sack on her side! She LOVES Apples! Always has! A very pretty Flowered blouse! *One thing more has to be done, Kerry...Please! The pink bow on her tail! That will be it & you will have finished another wonderful one of a kind Fantasy painting for me! Please, every one watching, Do comment on Kerry's new finished work! Till the next commission starts, Kerry and all followers, stay Healthy, Happy and Creative in all you do! Sincerely, chiron22--Donald Kephart

Last edited by chiron22 : 12-01-2017 at 01:53 AM. Reason: another word or two