Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt 579 March 9 – March17

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Welcome to the hunt!!

If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:
    https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347

Here are the rules for the hunt:

*All items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.

*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.

*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.

*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.

*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyways. Commenting is appreciated but not necessary.*

Scavenger Hunt 579 March 9 – March17

magic
    plain
    silver
    animal
    yard art
    in a drawer
    from your purse/wallet
    skyline
    water
    on a shelf
    mailbox
    slippers
    sport equipment
    dashboard
    sweet
    a gift
    alcohol
    store
    under the sink
    from a tree
    cd or album cover
    used for art
    for coffee or tea
    red
    blue
    from the fridge

Have fun.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
    My website https://jocastilloart.com

eyepaint

Thanks Jo for the new list :) I have a candidate for animal but I don’t know if she will cooperate for sketching – staying still etc. Some creatures really don’t like it if you are staring at them and sketching. Also trying to sketch animals you realize how often they move!!

-- EP Moderator for:
        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

EP, well, you know we don’t have any live animals. Maybe we will see some at our daughters. Otherwise I have to go with the stuffed or pottery kind. Good luck!

I sketched at my computer desk in my studio in the big book with the Pilot fountain pen.
        Number 1 shelf – one of the rain gutter shelves above my desk
        Number 2 gift – a pencil sharpener from my daughter, Joanna.

Pine Cone

Jo — Thanks for a fun list! And wonderful sketches to inspire us and start things off. Love the precision and contrast on the sharpener, and your rain gutter shelf items make me feel at home on your event 🏡 You’ve inspired me to try to sketch something!

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

eyepaint

Jo – whee off to a great start. Do you have a photo of a rain gutter shelf? Sounds intriguing.

1. animal – a visitor who was too tired to notice me quickly and stealthily sketching her asleep by my chair. Graphite, back of the cardstock scraps.

Cheers,

-- EP Moderator for:

Hi Gang – good to see your work – love ya’ll – hope to do some sketching too

EP – awww, animals are sweet

Jo- yeah, you two do alot of traveling so your shiney robot pooch is a perfect fit :>) lots of layers to the computer envronment, pencil sharpener is interesting object to sketch……I thought it was a pair of handcuffs…pencil cuffs???

Hi Pinecone

Robin
                The mediator between head and hands must
                be the heart. Harbou - Metropolis
                http://virtualparsnip.blogspot.com/

Joan T

Jo, thanks for the new list. Nice sketch of your rain gutter shelf with all it’s adornments. Super pencil sharpener! Mine are always duds.

EP – I’m glad your visitor didn’t sense you were sketching and stayed still for you.

Robin, :wave:

1 – red kayak – watercolors
                    2 – water
                    3 – restaurant (sub for store) – ink

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                    [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

eyepaint

Robin – thank you
                        Joan – thank you. Love the red upside down kayak and the shapes and dark wheel wells on the cars :)

-- EP Moderator for:

Eye

Joan: Gorgeous works, esp. those kayaks

Jo: Nice lines to start this Hunt.

EP: I can feel the fun from you sketching the pooch…

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
                            https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

m50paul

Jo: looks like an interesting list, thanks. great start well done on shelf and pencil sharpener.

EP: Nice sketch of your little buddy. He looks comfy

Joan: Great watercolors of kayaks and pen and ink of restaurant. Nice, do a little sketching then hit the restaurant great idea

Paul

C & C Always Welcomed

on a shelf
                                slippers

marker & gel pen

Robin

joan- like the boats in waitting. WOW,,super job on the line sketch….those cars look perfect, and the space between them is awesome!!!!

Hi mpaul, Ai and EP:wave: :heart:

Robin

Pine Cone, hope you find something to sketch. Look forward to it.

EP, great start. Your visitor looks very comfortable. Nice lines.

Hey, Robin. Handcuffs? Don’t think Gene has any anymore. He did lock the two older kids to a bed at the ranch where my parents lived. They were playing something. When he went to turn them loose he couldn’t find the key. They cut the bed (old iron bedstead) and he had to take them to town and find the State Policeman with a key to get the cuffs off. Then weld the bed back together. The kids thought it was great! Your slippers look so comfy and seeing you shelf makes me think your home is comfy, too. Nice hatching.

Joan, love the boats with the bright red. Still looking a bit cold in your world. The Bistro looks welcoming. Have a bite while your pet gets groomed? I like the cars. Wish I had your patience, you have such good windows and lines.

Hey EP and Ai. Good to see you. Are you back on line with your computer Paul or are you using your phone? I find that so hard to accomplish.

jmfletch

Hi sketchers! Sorry I missed the last hunt. Hoping to do better in this one.

Jo – Thanks for the list. Nice line work on the shelf n the sharpener. Funny story about the cuffs although I expect Gene diesn’t find it as funny. 😁

PineCone – Yeo bro!

EP – a still dog? That is a find. Nice sketches

Robin – love the line work you catch the hard surfaces on the shelf and the softness of the slippers.

Joan – You just keep getting better and better. I am running out of superlatives. Great job on the kayaks. Keep looking at the shading. Terrific.

Ai, Paul – looking toward to your posts.

Keep sketching
                                    Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

Scattykat

Jo, thanks for the new list :thumbsup:

1 magic, always seems like magic when a plants produces a zillion seeds so beautifully…

2 plain, a biscuit…

3 silver, a little bucket…

back later to comment :cat: :wave:

Scatty ....
                                        ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.