WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Clay
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2018, 08:20 AM
Immortalized

Bronze Membership
Hails from United States
Re: Polymer Problem

HH!

Whew, I'm glad you like it

I have no idea if what I do is simple or complex. I'm an abstract painter. And I just keep going until I'm done

This one though, is partially painted from life.

I made the tube (2nd try). Couldn't believe it worked!!! Oh, and I only had to partially slit it to get it off the needle so that was good.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for creating this tutorial HH - There aren't enough words...

--------------

This is boring so feel free to tune out

Anyway, I told you elsewhere that I love the Golden Mediums and I thought they would be helpful here so I applied some. Then as it was drying, I was also checking outside (for another project) and noticed the beauty and simplicity of the twilight. Not as heavy with clouds and colors as sometimes. Simply beautiful. So I decided to paint the tube from life. In other words, I painted the twilight sky on the tube instead on a canvas or paper.

Then, next morning, I decided to paint the coppery band. The band has somewhere between probably five and ten colors, but the photo is awful. Plus they may not be colors that are in your range. They're coppery (which is a shiny orange) with a slight pinkish hint, and some darker copper and brown, etc.

Plus, because you had me use Premo Translucent, there is a mellow translucence to the entire tube that totally doesn't come through in the photo, almost like an ocean, despite all the texture.

Anyway, I'll try to get a better pic, but doubtful (long story).

Oh, and I forgot to mention, it is only 6mm x 56mm (1/4" x 2-3/16").

I hope that answers your questions, but ask away if you want to know more.

I'm going to try another one next week. Since I use aluminum foil to make a cage to bake stuff, I was thinking I could try wrapping the needle in the foil too, and see if I could slide it off that way. What do you think?

Last edited by Pine Cone : 05-12-2018 at 08:26 AM.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2018, 03:02 PM

I love it when you talk colors PC, it makes me feel like I can understand them even though I can't. The way you describe colors is very peaceful I love that, you must have a great connection to the colors in paint. That must feel very gratifying.

I have a big smile on my face, I'm so happy I did that tutorial. You gave me a gentle nudge in that direction. It was fun to do. I didn't expect you to be soooo creative with your process. I took your idea, I made it my own. A simple tube of translucent clay, I think mine came out very clean looking but yours was so much more! They should put that piece in a high class museum next to a Rembrandt or a Van Gogh. I know artists are bad at taking compliments and worse at taking big ones like the one I just threw you. Seriously that is a beautiful piece I love the direction you took with it.

I would like to see other people try this, just to see what direction they go with it. So inspiring. I'm going to make a picture of that PC and put it on my wall.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2018, 10:46 PM
Immortalized

Bronze Membership
Hails from United States

You're hilarious HH

Speaking of your tube, it was FLAWLESS - so smooth 👌

Mine turned out smooth too, but the line wasn't as straight. On the next one, I hope to get a straighter connection. It doesn't matter after baking, but I want to be more skillful, like you.

Also, I'm not sure if I was clear in explaining that the final texture didn't come from the clay. I applied it after bakng and cooling by using Golden Mediums, and working with them before they dried into a texture that made me happy The mediums are "acrylic" just like the paints are "acrylic."
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2018, 02:40 AM
Immortalized

Bronze Membership
Hails from United States

HH, I'm on my way to taking one of my breaks from Wet Canvas, and just wanted to let you know. I'm exhausted and need some time away to catch up on reading, and enjoy the summer. But I wanted to thank you again for your help on all three threads, including the enchanting meditation imagery and thoughts you shared on your "Raccoon" thread.

Thank you so much for everything!

And take good care of yourself, and yours! May your kind and compassionate spirit thrive!!!