WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > The Learning Zone
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

View Poll Results: How many tubes of watercolor paint do you have?
5ml 1-20 27 31.40%
5ml 21-40 10 11.63%
5ml 41-60 6 6.98%
5ml 61-80 3 3.49%
5ml 81-100 1 1.16%
5ml more than 100 4 4.65%
15ml 11-20 13 15.12%
15ml 21-40 8 9.30%
15ml 41-60 15 17.44%
15ml 61-80 6 6.98%
15ml 81-100 10 11.63%
15ml more than 100 9 10.47%
other size 1-20 15 17.44%
other size 21-40 6 6.98%
other size 41-60 5 5.81%
other size 61-80 2 2.33%
other size 81-100 0 0%
other size more than 100 2 2.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-25-2018, 06:45 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Kolkata

Hails from India
Re: How many tubes do you have?

I'm guessing that the court's opinion is that if you're a "professional", you would have proper financial records. This is not an unreasonable position. It really is this that separates the amateur from the professional, not the quality of our paintings, or how much time we spend making them, or how much money we make selling them (that last one is perhaps debatable depending on percentage of annual income... but again based on financial records).

Many professionals would also have insurance, for which financial records are a requisite. And in fact, many venues may be off limits for artists, if they do not have insurance to protect the venue (sometimes to the tune of a million dollars for photographers in the US national parks).

To be honest, art materials passed down from a family member, are of sentimental value, and truly belong at home, not at the workplace. Unless, it's a distant relative, and there's legal paperwork for the inheritance.... which would reduce my sentimental value of it enough to keep it at the workplace. So yes, it feels bad to lose it, even though hindsight is always 20/20.

On the positive side, you did sue and win. And importantly, the case is hopefully now in public record. It's not slander anymore to share details of the case with any potential clients of the business venue that lost all your art materials and then denied responsibility and refused to compensate you appropriately. Bummer for them, I guess!
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-25-2018, 01:23 PM
Cleveland, Ohio

Hails from United States

40+ of QoR (which are my hands down favorite) and about the same of DS and WN mixed that just sit there. Now I have that sinking feeling that I hope my wife doesn't find out!!!! All are in a travel fishing bag with fishing lure dividers to hold them all. I can seriously see how everything can be lost at once! Best of luck.
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-25-2018, 01:48 PM

I'm a fan of eBay. I buy and sell lots of stuff there. Unfortunately, their prices on W/C art supplies are about the same as new. However, I've got my eye on a nice Isabey brush. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Isabey-Wate...d/273474361172. Maybe when I receive the money or in January.

I have gotten some supplies and am resuming painting. I bought a few Da Vinci Maestro Series 10 round brushes, Daniel Smith Essentials, and some tubes from June Blondell's Ultimate Mixing Palette. I already have a small Schmincke set and some paper. I'm pacing myself with buying single tubes.

Here's some work I've done; nothing spectacular. http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show...Tulip+Exercise

I'm currently doing wash exercises from Guptill, Color in Sketching and Rendering.

Indraneel: Some of my father's paints would be over 34 years old. Many pigments made then have been discontinued. For example, Gamboge, Madder and Indian Rose. I don't remember what he had. I was thinking of starting a thread on this topic. Do members of the board have favorite pigments that have been discontinued?

Thanks for the reminder about this being a public record. The culprit is an Adult Home. They must be licensed. The Board of Health might like a copy of this judgment.
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2019, 01:05 PM
Town of George, Kentucky

Hails from United States

20 - 15ml tubes in all, 12 student quality, 8 artist quality. Well in watercolor at any rate, I have more in oil, gouache, casein, and acrylics as well though... if I counted all the media I use then well over 60.

Delofasht
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-28-2019, 07:35 PM
A Local Legend
Boerne, TX USA

Hails from United States

Well...after the question of how many paints does one have, and so many answers...

Is it time to ask just how many paints does one actually use when actually painting?

Sling paint,
Virgil
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-29-2019, 07:55 PM
Kolkata

Hails from India

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgil carter
Well...after the question of how many paints does one have, and so many answers...

Is it time to ask just how many paints does one actually use when actually painting?

Sling paint,
Virgil

Yeah. You can set up a poll. Also, do you mean most of the painting, or most of the painting + highlights and accents?

PS: this poll is about total number of tubes, but I get your point. There are polls on colors on palettes, 12 color palette, 6 color palette...

I most often end up using 3-5 on most of the painting, otherwise I lose focus of what I'm trying to paint. And then maybe 3-4 more for accents and highlight.
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2019, 05:45 AM

44 tubes but I use from 16 to 18, the rest where mainly trial and errors bought over the years.
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-09-2019, 12:33 AM
Fuzhou, China

Hails from China

================================================== ================
Addicted to all the beautiful things in the world, good tea, good coffee, good wine, good scenery, good foods, good music, good books, good incense, beautiful flowers, good art and good friends.