Home Forums Explore Subjects Aviation Art Norton Commando

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gray539

When I was a young man my good friends and I were addicted to speed. We drove hot rodded cars or factory performance cars. Most of us also rode bikes. I favored BSA’s. Over time I owned a 650 BSA, 650 Ariel, 750 BSA Rocket 3, and a Honda 750 Super Sport. My good friends rode Triumph Bonnevilles and Norton Commando’s. Most of those old friends have passed on now, but whenever I see one of these old classics I remember the good times we had back then when life was simple and beer was cheap.

Cadfaeltex

Cool bike and great painting!

Ah, memories. I used to be secretary of a motorcycle club and everyone aspired to that bike. A beautiful illustration.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Trumper

Wonderful.My last bike about 5 years ago was a Triumph 5ta speed twin .When i rode home in the early hours of the morning she sounded lovely with noise reverberating the colleges in Cambridge :)

Gray539

Thanks Cadfaeltex.
                    Yorky, thanks. The Norton Commado was a beautiful looking machine and quite fast in it’s day.
                    Trumper, lucky you. That Triumph was a hard tail I believe. My old Ariel was a hard tail. I miss riding bikes. Too much traffic now to be enjoyable.

We had Nortons, Triumph Bonnevilles, AJS and all kinds of smaller bikes in the club. I met my wife when she joined with her Lambretta and I was riding an Ariel Leader – 200cc two-stroke. We had other members who concentrated on Trials riding and we had a course in a local quarry. One year we took part in the Dragon Rally and camped in the snow in a castle in North Wales. Happy days.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Gray539

Yorky, they were good times. My brother started with a Velocette, then a Royal Enfield and finally a Triumph trials bike.I think we probably had the best of times. Funny, you camped in the snow and we camped on a beach. Where has time gone.

falcon012

A beautiful rendition of a Legendary machine. I used to work with a girl who kept her brother’s Norton in her garage. I’d love to have a Vincent one day but they are very hard to come by and expensive.

Gray539

Thanks, Mark. A Vincent Black Shadow always seemed like it would be an awesome bike.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.