WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics > Partner: Chroma, Inc.
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-17-2016, 04:32 PM
Veteran Member
RI - Rhode Island

Hails from United States
How long to wait after drying

I like the paint but it reactivates with wet paint!

Even though I like it, I can't get it at my local stores so I have to order it online. That's too bad because I've started buying other brands even though I prefer this one. Any possibility of putting this great product in other stores?
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-18-2016, 08:30 AM
Veteran Member
Pennsylvania

Hails from United States
Re: How long to wait after drying

Glad you like the paint!

The best way to get a product in your favorite store is to ask for it, so please ask the manager to carry it! Also, Atelier Interactive is distributed by a major art supply distributor, so it's very likely your local, independent store would be able to special order it. If you are shopping a big box arts and crafts store - you might be better off purchasing online. :-)
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-06-2016, 11:18 PM
Medford, Oregon USA

Hails from United States

Hi Dick,
I just saw your comment here. I've been using the Interactives for several years now, and love them. I get the best price from Dick Blick.

My favorite medium is the Fast Medium Fixer. When I'm happy with a layer and have no plans to change it, and want to quickly move on, I just cover the painting with a layer of the Fast Med Fixer using a soft brush. Works great, with no more problem with the previous layer lifting or being affected.

I can't wait to try the new Universal Medium Varnish. Dang Blick isn't carrying it yet!

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." C S Lewis
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2016, 09:26 AM
Veteran Member
Pennsylvania

Hails from United States

Hi Retta -
Blick does carry the Universal Medium. Just check here!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2016, 03:24 PM
Medford, Oregon USA

Hails from United States

Thanks, Jennifer. I'm putting together an order today!

And I wanted to thank you for all the info you share here. I've learned so much; even about the Universal Medium, ways to use the different ones, answers to questions/problems. Even your recommendation for a good red!

Just a couple of days ago I recommended the Interactives to a fellow member over at FineArtAmerica, and gave him links to these discussions, with links to the youtube demos you have. He's gonna try them.

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." C S Lewis
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-10-2016, 12:51 PM
Veteran Member
Pennsylvania

Hails from United States

You are quite welcome - glad I can help.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2016, 12:07 PM
Pennsylvania, USA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rettakat
Hi Dick,
I just saw your comment here. I've been using the Interactives for several years now, and love them. I get the best price from Dick Blick.

My favorite medium is the Fast Medium Fixer. When I'm happy with a layer and have no plans to change it, and want to quickly move on, I just cover the painting with a layer of the Fast Med Fixer using a soft brush. Works great, with no more problem with the previous layer lifting or being affected.

I can't wait to try the new Universal Medium Varnish. Dang Blick isn't carrying it yet!

Hi Retta (is that what I call you?),
I'm fairly new with painting. I tried oil, then I tried the interactive. I really like it. I see you mention "mediums". I looked on Dick Blick site and there is a ton of different kinds to do different things. I can't afford to buy all those at once.
As a beginner and kinda slow, what basic mediums do you recommend to start out with?
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-18-2016, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member
Pennsylvania

Hails from United States

Hi Ron - I wasn't sure if Rettakat was responding so I'll chime in.

If you are new to Atelier Interactive, the two mediums I'd suggest you get are:
1. The Unlocking Formula (in order to take advantage of Interactive's ability to be reopened and reworked); and
2. The Universal Medium (In order to more easily work with Interactive like a "conventional" acrylic, for glazing and fast layers.)

If you want to smooth out your paint, glaze, but still be able to rework, then use the Clear Painting Medium. But the first two - the Unlocking Formula and the Universal Medium - will take you pretty far.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-18-2016, 02:13 PM
Pennsylvania, USA

Hails from United States

Thank you Jennifer.
I am fairly new to painting in general. I like the idea of the universal. I already have the unlocking and clear medium. These 3 should do me for a while. Thanks again.
Ron