Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The Reclining woman

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Drawn from a photo I downloaded from Posespace web site.
    Pastel pencils and Nupastels on toned gessoed panel. I did not sand the gesso, left it with fine tooth. Toned the gesso with burnt sienna acrylic.
    9”x12”
    Comments welcome

There’s some nice work in that, not sure about the greenish shading on her front though. Feet and hands very well executed :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
    More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
    Instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

Boafamily

Nicely done and I love the tones…

Thanks for commenting. Appreciated.
        Looking at it now, I am seeing that the legs are not foreshortened correctly. Even though I made corrections in the initial drawing I missed this and got enthralled with painting/ color with my new pastel pencils.

I understand getting enthralled with the new pencils and a good subject :D

nicely done… keep at it!

Mac

This is a fine drawing- can’t wait to see more from you!

bethany
        moderator in figures & portraits blogs: artbybethany life-presence
        website www.bethanyart.com
        My inspiration is art... because without art, we would just be stuck with reality. ~Daniel R. Lynch

All, thank you for your observations and comments, always appreciated. I would rather draw from live models like I did in several life drawing classes back in college (1970s). There is a local drawing group I went to twice. Need to get back into it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.