Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics Glazing vs Airbrush mediums

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bongo

Any problem with using airbrush medium in place of glazing medium (Golden line)? I have retarder I can add to the airbrush medium if I need more open time for glazing.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/18-Sep-2019/1999899-sigsmall.jpg
        STUDIOBONGO

Never tried, but airbrush medium will make the paint very very fluid. Might be hard to work without gravity induced movement of the paint given that brushes put more paint than airbrushes at a single spot.

"no no! You are doing it all wrong, in the internet we are supposed to be stubborn, inflexible and arrogant. One cannot simply be suddenly reasonable and reflexive in the internet, that breaks years of internet tradition as a medium of anger, arrogance, bigotry and self entitlement. Damm these internet newcomers being nice to to others!!!"

"If brute force does not solve your problem, then you are not using enough!"

fedetony

Works fine for glazing… is the expensive brother of water :D

Federico Garcia
            My Blog
            C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

Our Wetcanvasser from Louisiana (I’ll think of his name as soon as I post this) used airbrush medium all the time.

A painting is never really done as long as I can get my hands on it.

bongo

Our Wetcanvasser from Louisiana (I’ll think of his name as soon as I post this) used airbrush medium all the time.

I’ve used it in the past with good results. The reason I brought up the question is that I ran out of glazing medium and now that I’m going to do some airbrushing again wanted to use one medium for both. I have retarder so I could always add that to the airbrush medium if a needed a longer open time.

But thought maybe there’s something else in glazing medium I should know about.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/18-Sep-2019/1999899-sigsmall.jpg
                STUDIOBONGO

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.