Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk *** Daily Wash Sunday 24th March 2019 ***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Good morning all from sunny West Lancashire :wave:

A welcome start to the day.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

doppler

Evening Doug.

I don’t want to whinge but ….? I’m Australian so I will do it. Totally ridiculously hot today. We gor 36C at the dental hour … tooth hurty. Just so over it.

There, that a pretty mild whinge.

Cats are cool.

:wave:

Annie
        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
        Steven Wright
        My Flickr Site

Hi Anie, well, soon be wet winter. A cool 5C/42F here.

Doug

doppler

Doug, I hope we get a cold wet winter. Our norm is a cold dry winter, which makes the hot dry summer all the more awful. Summer is our wet season.

Annie
            Steven Wright
            My Flickr Site

I forgot seasons are topsy-turvy down there.

Doug

shipbroker

Dry and sunny grass cutting sometime.Face time with Claire at lunchtime.
                Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Que Sera

Morning all. It’s blue skies and sunshine here too, but forecast was for colder weather. I haven’t ventured out yet to test the temperature!

I’ve missed a couple of days but wanted to congratulate Lulu on her granddaughter’s success.

Char, I hope you and Ted enjoy a day of rest today.

JJ, your art class looked like it was fun. Thanks for posting the photos.

Tracy, you asked if I used Daniel Smith. I only have two tubes, namely the original Quinacridone Gold, and Buff Titanium. Guess whose blog I was reading when I started out? Most of my paints are Winsor and Newton with some Sennelier, Holbein (free set of 6 when I joined the SAA), Jacksons, Cass Art, SAA and a solitary Daler Rowney.

I recently watched Laurel Hart on YouTube. She has posted some new videos and talked about working with triads. Her first choice was Aureolin, Alizarin Crimson and Manganese Blue. I do despair! These videos are new. As far as I know there is no permanent Aureolin and Maganese Blue is no longer available.

I’d planned to sort out some if my art supplies yesterday but life had different ideas. My son’s washing machine has broken down so he asked if they could bring their washing round. They also brought our 1 year old granddaughter and my OH persuaded them to leave her with us while they went to look at new machines. Three loads of laundry and a little one to look after put paid to anything else, but she is adorable (I would say that, wouldn’t I?)

Talking of washing machines, I had a phone call a few days ago about renewing the extended warranty on my machine. It struck me as odd since a) I don’t have an extended warranty, and b) my machine will be 11 years old this year. The offer was free parts and labour and a new machine if mine proved to be unrepairable. Although the caller addressed me by name he didn’t mention the make of machine, or its age. We don’t pay for extended warranties and it sounded too good to be true so I declined. Son now tells me it’s a scam to get your credit card details. Beware.

To the many I’ve not replied to directly, greetings, and have a great day.

In all these things we are more than conquerors.

rossmarie

Peach of a morning here.

I would whinge at 35degC Annie. Far too hot.
                        Thumping headache this morning – don’t know why. Probably need to get vertical and get some fresh air.

Those lucky people on the cruise ship off the Norwegian coast! Huge waves. You think you are quite safe aboard these enormous ships but engine failure can soon change that. Seems captain has now got 3 out of 4 engines re-started and the ship is limping to a safe haven. A cruise to remember!

Mike

doppler

One would have thought someone would have broken out into song … There got to be a morning after.

Seriously, Roger has and no doubt Geoff will comment on their inhererent instability.

Annie
                            Steven Wright
                            My Flickr Site

shipbroker

Viking Sky not one of the megasize cruise ships and only built in 2016. The number on board about 1000 passengers and 300 crew. Compare that to Majestic Princess, which I think JJ was on, at 3600 passengers.

geoff

Uschi

Good Morning!!

Frosty roofs, sun and a high of 6C.

If I don’t hear any differently Les and Sylvia are coming for coffee and banana bread this afternoon. It will be nice to see them again.

It’s also my laundry day so maybe I can get that done before the afternoon.

Annie, :eek: , whinge away, you have earned it!!!!!

Mike, I also saw the news and pictures of the cruise ship.

Que Sera, Winsor & Newton was the BEST paint when I started painting in the very early 90’s and I must say their colour fastness is amazing. My paintings are hanging in a very bright and sunny room and the colours are as vivid as ever. I also have one of my beginner paintings hanging, done with student grade paint, and it is fading away:) :eek: about the extended warranty scam, there are so many scams out there it’s scary, maybe the whole interent thing will stop because everyone will be too scared to go on it.

JJ, I bet “the wall of shame”:) was your idea copied from our Ontario Meets. Anyway, you did a really good job with your leaf. Leaves seem to be in fashion now because I just saw a set of dishes with them. Glad you had such fun at the workshop.

Steve should be back, hope we hear from him and of course Kay, how are you???

:wave: to you Doug and Geoff!!

:wave:
                                    Evening all.

About to turn in for the evening.

Annie, yes, this heat/humidity is really getting to me. I was out in it today too, and I got ha headache, and it makes me incredibly tired.

Tomorrow, I am going to my girlfriends Carols after lunch, and picking up some more orchids. She is packing her house and gardens up for her big move in two weeks, (Downsizing) I will need to buy baskets and orchid soil too. Then think where on earth to put them. I don’t have many places to hang orchids, guess the vege garden.

We have had some serious rain here Geoff, and my lawns desperately need cutting too.

Que Sera you are welcome :) Scammers are very tricky. I don’t answer private phone calls, they are nearly always spam/scam. Your name can be gotten of a phone address list, those are being sold all over the place too.

Mike, yes I saw it on ABC news tonight, and not all of them were off at that time. The news showed videos off the cruisers private phones.

Yes Geoff, I was. I was surprised and the low number of passengers, and figured of course small ship, no wonder it rocked and rolled in rough seas. :eek:

I must go to bed, have to be up early in the morning.

Love and hugs to everyone.

Char, when does Ted get the results from his MRI? :heart:

Hey Uschi, you snuck in. Yup the wall of shame, but most were too afraid. Yes leaves are popular here too right now. I remember Monstera being the inn thing in the 70/80’s :lol:

Night all:grouphug:

JJ
                                    Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                                    MY BLOG
                                    My Youtube videos

shipbroker

Couldn’t use Facetime as the Thai elections closed a couple of hours ago and reckon the Junta have reduced the internet capabilities..Claire had to watch BBC News to see how they were going, anyway we talked on WhatsApp video which worked fine.

Must go and watch the grass and moss grow now.

geoff

:wave: everyone,
                                        Sunny but on the cool side at -12 with a windchill of -21. The high today will be -6.

Annie – you could always come and visit if you want to escape the heat. :wink2: I couldn’t take that heat either.

Gym this morning and then I want to run some errands with Brian. The bedding is in the washer and I wish I could put it on the clothesline but it would drag in the snow. I feel spring is here when I can dry outside. I also have to do some prep work for a workshop I’m leading at my art club on Thursday. I’m showing how to make the meander sketch book Char taught us.

Uschi – I don’t have any sign of cataracts starting. I guess my poor night vision is just aging eyes?

Char – thinking of the two of you every day and sending hugs.

No other news from here. I’m off to have breakfast and get going for the day. Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.

www.ellenspalette.com

Good Morning all,
                                        It is just after 9:00 a.m. on a cloudy but bright morning here in Oakwood. Larry just went out the door for his 3 mile run.

No big plans for the day. Will put a bit more paint on my cactus flower painting I started in class last Monday, but will leave the flowers for class time. Just putting in background today.

Never took a cruise, never wanted to especially on one of those city on water types. :lol: We took a large ferry boat from Izmir, Turkey, to Brindisi, Italy, when we were transferring from Ankara to Ramstein AFB, Germany. Enjoyed a 3-day sail on the Mediterranean, was fun for us and the kids.

Ellen, Lucky you not to have any cataracts….yet. Seems as if we live long enough we all get them. Larry is like you, but his night vision is still good. Mine isn’t though, so I don’t drive at night.

Char, hoping Ted feels better today so you can relax and feel better too. It isn’t easy being a caregiver. :grouphug:

JJ, Lovely leaf paintings yesterday. :thumbsup:

:wave: to all,

SYL,

Sylvia

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.