WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Drawing and Sketching > The Classroom
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2005, 09:23 PM
A Local Legend
Johnstown, Pa.

Hails from United States
Re: Basic 101: Class 22

Watercolorchick You can do it!

Hey All- I just noticed a post in Class 1 that was unattended and the classmember seems to have left.
Please do a favor, If you see a post in the older Classes-please stop in and post-I know you all know C & C pretty well or if you just post a greeting is fine too. At least it will get a bump. It was probably an isolated incident but I thought I would ask anyway.
I feel bad about this, but JayD, Sults and myself cannot always be here when the forum is moving quickly. Thanks!
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2005, 09:35 PM
A Local Legend
Iowa

Hails from United States

Wow when I posted a reply in here it only showed the first page.Hmmm mines been really messed up lately.
Connie and all of you are doing great and so fast.
Good to be able to pop in because i miss you all to.
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2005, 09:54 PM
A WC! Legend
High Point, NC

Hails from United States

Tim is one of my favorite artists on this site-- there exists in Tim a certain tenacity coupled with extreme patience that I wish that I had present in my drawings. Coveting my neighbor's skills--you bet!!! Everyone study his fur demo carefully because this is a real show stopper and dont be afraid to ask questions.

We are all animals--we just have self awareness of our own mortality. I have alway thought that art is our own measure of attempt at imortality--a preservative placed in our hot jar of life. Pieces like his have a certain love or touch much like that of waxing your prize car or carefully protecting that precious doll collection. It's what art is all about.

Tim, Thanks!!!

Jud!--Go cat GO!!!! Love the eagles and the ram sketches are suberb--I am so amazed at how much improvement there has been in everyone here.

Sults--Unicorns count---the last two unicorns liked to stand still and admire each other, you know. They stood SO still that you would think they were stuffed. Noah thought they were hatracks and so he left them off the boat--well because hats had not yet been invented and so the demise of the unicorn.
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2005, 10:10 PM
A Local Legend
Iowa

Hails from United States

Thought i'd post a few older pieces I did for now.If thats ok?
Attached Images

#50   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2005, 10:25 PM
A WC! Legend
High Point, NC

Hails from United States

Hey --it works for me!! You can also see these over in jayd's animal links in the learning center! I am in love with that yellow glove, Bon. Very well executed.
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2005, 10:42 PM
A Local Legend
Apple Valley, CA

Hails from United States

Bon, as far as I'm concerned, you can post anything, anywhere, anytime! It's always such a pleasure to see your work!!!

Connie, those animal 'frames' are very interesting. They go well with JayD's initial instructions. And I love the lion and tiger, but especially the tiger face.

Joe, your pastels are wonderful!

Sults, if you had posted the bear and unicorn before I missed it - just saw the initial drawing with the bear.

WCchick, you don't have to start with perfection. Do what you can, post it here, and watch for critique and suggestions - trust me, the help you get will improve your work!!!

Yes, ma'am, Ms Subbie, I will indeed assist in watching the older classes - although my forte is more in the encouragement area than critiqueing!!

Okay, I know I missed at least one person who posted, but I don't remember now - CRS gets worse all the time!!!

Think I'll print the squirrel WIP and see if I can follow it - it's beautiful!! Thanks, Tim.
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2005, 10:47 PM
Immortalized
dixon Ill

Hails from United States

good evering every one. great new thread. I hope I can participate, but presently layed up with an inflammed hip and can't sit and draw. Even sitting at the pc is a bit of a chore, however I have browesed the last two pages of posts and what a great bunch of drawings. Ann, your kitty is excellent.

Tim your squirrel is just llike the one that is eating from my bird feeder -- still.

Judi a great series of drawings, The eagles are wonderful. and a great snow leapard to boot.

Sults, a bear and a unicorn. a unique mix.

Bon great birds. are they hawks or falcons?

Nice work on your images Joe. Hope your portrait goes swimmingly.

I also hope I can get back into this before the lesson ends. I hoping for a fast recovery.

In the meantime, here a few of my past efforts at animals

The first is an eraser drawing of an eagle from one of my college level drawing classes. Just smear on charcoal and start erasing. The next three are digital images drawn free hand on the computer. I hope it's ok to post them in this thread. If not delete them. it's ok.

Chuck
Attached Images

#53   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2005, 10:52 PM
A WC! Legend
Central Mexico

Hails from Mexico

Wow, class, I was away all day today and three more pages have been added to the thread and so many spectacular drawings. I wish I could comment on all of them but I just got back from supervising the final preparations for Saturday and I am so tired I'm about to fall asleep in this chair.

Hi to all of you and JayD, I promise to work on something in the morning and at least post it by evening.
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2005, 11:14 PM
A Local Legend
Alberta Canada

Hails from Canada

Well....here's one that didn't make Jay's list....

Charcoal and graphite.....done from a photo I took while visiting the Calgary Zoo a few years back
Attached Images

#55   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2005, 12:00 AM
A Local Legend
Iowa

Hails from United States

Thanks all.
Hi mary.
Chuck and murray these are great.
Chuck 2 are falcons and the middle one is a hawk.
Well here's one i been working off and on now for the past few weeks.
It's an odd size 16x18 done on poster board using ticonderoga colored pencils.Hoping I will have it finished this weekend.
Attached Images

#56   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2005, 06:38 AM
A Local Legend
Johnstown, Pa.

Hails from United States

Morning JayD

Sults Your bear and unicorn are looking wonderful!
1/3" high unicorn head! Wow-that is a lot of detail you have packed in there....I'm still looking close!

Hi CJ

Aww Chaz-Those are great and I hope your hip feels better soon!

Murray-Love the tiger!

Hi Mary! Good to see you-didn't think you would be drawing with us this week-but am glad you are-you can probably use a stress reliever.

Bon! What can be said about perfection....that you always achieve!
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2005, 06:49 AM
A WC! Legend
Central Mexico

Hails from Mexico

Good Morning! 5:20am here so maybe I will get a chance to draw something today.

Murray, what a beautiful "cat" and I sure do like the way you combine graphite and charcoal.

Bon, you hawk is going to be outstanding as all of your work and it looks good in the Ticonderoga pencils.

Good morning JayD and Judi, see you all around a little later on.

Chuck, hope your hip feels better, I get that once in a while and I know how painful it is.

Last edited by Mary Woodul : 07-07-2005 at 06:53 AM.
  #58   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2005, 07:20 AM
A WC! Legend
High Point, NC

Hails from United States

Murray!!!! ACK!!! I did miss one--Murray had us scouting links at least two years back for the new links in the learning center--now there is a man with a whip!!!

Murray, it looks great--feel free to add it to the animal links list--I cant believe I missed this one...

and speaking of cats-Chaz--the lion and the cat strangely looking are my two favorites--cat number one, the lion, looks like his emerging from from a dreamscape while the second cat has this look of smugness that I really connect with (I used to own 8 cats). I also love that bird--it looks like a griffin.

Bon, that is gorgeous--your stuff is NEVER a disappointment--I guess I will have to draw you a mermaid for your mermaid thread now, eh?
  #59   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2005, 08:34 AM
Enthusiast
Pennsylvania

Hails from United States

Hi all. Haven't caught up on reading this thread, but wanted to post a question.

When I woke up this morning, my husband told me of the terrorist attacks in London. I know Dave is in California, but I think his family isn't joining him until later. For the life of me I can't remember what part of England he is from. I'm praying his family and those of our other WC friends are safe.

JayD, sorry to post off topic here, but thought if anyone knew where Dave was from it would be a fellow 101er.

My Art Agent
My Blog
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2005, 08:57 AM
Immortalized
near South Padre Island

Hails from United States

Wow Stacy I did not even think of that... I am not sure where Oxford is but here is a quote from Dave when we had our first Weekly Scribble Thread started...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave

OK, well I guess I'll introduce myself too. I've only been a member of WC for a month, and I've been drawing for a few months more. I'm 46, and have always wanted to draw, but thought (and often still think) I couldn't. This is at least partly because I was told when I was a child that I had no talent. Art "teachers" when I was young didn't seem to feel any obligation to actually teach their students anything...either you could "do art" or you couldn't! Anyway, now I'm trying again. The good thing about drawing is that even if the end product isn't what you might like it to be, the process of producing it is still enjoyable!
edited to add...
I live in Oxford, and I teach sociology at the university there. It's a lovely place to live, and I'm really lucky to be at a university that gets such clever students. They're so clever and motivated that they don't really need much teaching!

Sorry just went back and saw the added critters
Hey Bon love them I remember them & the new bird looks promising.
Chuck I like all your colorful creatures and great cat.
Murray wow I love the big cat.

Last edited by sultry : 07-07-2005 at 09:38 AM.