WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Drawing and Sketching > The Classroom
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2005, 09:02 PM
A Local Legend
Iowa

Hails from United States
Re: Basic 101: Class 14

Well im a bit flattered and nervous because I have no schooling in learning how to draw the human figure.But here goes lol
Starting out with just a 2b pencil and drawing lightly to get a basis on what i'm doing.I always start out on the form of the head first.This will give me an idea how large the body will have to be.
I do a bit of a sketchy form to see how I want the body to pose.Then I shape it more and darker with 4b pencil.This is only a 9x12 so in order for the whole body to fit I start in the middle close to the top.The head will be about 1 1/4 inches from chin to top of head.I'm kinda doing a backside twist sketch.It's a pose a bit new to me to try to lol.But good thing about the mind it can seeing life in any pose or form.I'm doing the backside ways because it's less detailed.
If you measure the arms in the front you can make the top leg in same length from the knee to the hip.From knee to heel just make it about an inch shorter.The right arm & leg towards the back is about an inch shorter then the front so you can give it a kinda higher balance.
I'm doing this in inches because there's only about 3 measurements that I can uses thats an easy way to draw the human body.The front head is about the same size as the foot.From chin to the top of the head.
So thats how I do the figure from my imagination.
I'm going to finish this with charcoal pencil and blending in the shades using my pencil sideways.No Qtip,stump or finger blending lol.
The final picture is taken with my camera not scanner.
Attached Images

#62   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2005, 09:31 PM
A Local Legend
Johnstown, Pa.

Hails from United States

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANN!!!!!

#63   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2005, 09:34 PM
A Local Legend
Johnstown, Pa.

Hails from United States

Bon,
Great demo! Thank-you!
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Immortalized
near South Padre Island

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judi1957
Bon,
Great demo! Thank-you!
I 2nd that !!!!
edited to add.... Way to go on the nude figures Connie Great bumble bee too

Last edited by sultry : 03-09-2005 at 10:03 PM.
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Immortalized
near South Padre Island

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judi1957
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANN!!!!!

Hey Ann I 2nd this too

#66   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2005, 09:48 PM
A WC! Legend
High Point, NC

Hails from United States

Bon--now here comes the teachy part--you get to look at everyone's drawing and advise them on taking measurable improvement.

I think the entire class would love your input. I know I would. Besides, we're doing Bon-Voyage next week so you have to help prepare the troops!!!
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2005, 09:49 PM
A Local Legend
NE Oklahoma

Hails from United States

I am so enjoying this lesson thread and everyone's hard work. Bon, this is great that you are going to give some lessons too! You make it look so easy but I know it is isn't.

Judi, love the muscles in your ballet dancer. P.s. Your welcome for the pdf

Connie, I enjoyed all of your poses very much. It is a challenge isn't it.

Nice work on your Sultry.

Vasil, nice job for 10 min. drawings. I couldn't do that well in an hour

Hey Deb, happy to see you drawing again. Nice figure work there.

Jay, you sent the link, but I couldn't get the images to open for some reason. Just got the little box with the red x in it. Is there a trick to this or something?

I hope I haven't missed anyone's work.

Ann
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2005, 10:01 PM
A WC! Legend
High Point, NC

Hails from United States

Ann--Happy Birthday!!!!

If you are seeing the x in the box you are missing the plugin for Quicktime--you need to download quicktime to your system--now, Mario should have it on his site--if not you can get it at

http://www.apple.com

or if you are afraid of being infected by Ipods go to:

http://www.download.com which is run by CNET--you can search by operating system for this free software.
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2005, 10:10 PM
A Local Legend
NE Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Hey you Guys (and Girls), thanks all for the Birthday wishes. What a shock to see a post come through the mail by Judi with that message.

Jay, thanks for the link and info. That must be the reason and I'll check that out in the morning. Congrats BTW on becoming a WC Guide. You will be a really good one I've been quickly reading through the reference links and trying to check everything out. I did a quick sketch but won't share it because it makes even me groan with horror.

Bon, I really enjoyed your demo. I have to reread it to make sure I'm understanding it correctly lol.

Keeping all the measurements of how many heads equal a leg, gets to be a bit much for this foggy brain. I'll have to print it out for easy reference lol.

Hugs you all, & thanks

Ann
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2005, 10:46 PM
A Local Legend
Iowa

Hails from United States

Ann happy birthday
I did good not replying to umm LA lol
Slaps fingers
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2005, 10:51 PM
A Local Legend
Apple Valley, CA

Hails from United States

Wow! You guys have really taken to this lesson. I will finally have a chance tonight to give it a try.

Connie, I can't believe you got all of that done! I think some of the proportions could be fixed, but other than that they're very good.

BON - thanks a million for the demo - it's great! I had thought I'd start with the head, because something I read uses the head measurement as a guide for all other measurements. Glad to see you do it that way. bows to the master . . .

ANN - can you send me the pdf so I can post it on my web site? And . . .
!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I have some laundry and ironing to do, with drawing in between, so I'll get out of here and get started. Where does the time go? It's already almost 8pm! See ya . . . . .
  #72   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2005, 11:05 PM
A Local Legend
Iowa

Hails from United States

GGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE
Well ok here goes.
JayD Fist drawing-the right leg crossed over which should make the right cheek of the torso come down more.Second drawing-He needs more shoulder,heads to small and he has to much of a female frame.

Mothsailor-Wow 5mins?good in such a short time.Your right side needs to come in more and the legs are to short.

Sultry-Very nice blending of the body.Her left nipple seems to be way over to the side?if so then her right nipple shouldn't even be showing.The lower arm seems a tad to thin.

Deb-Very nice indeed.The left cheek should be showing more.

Sultry again very nice blending technic and love this pose.The back of the head to the neck seems to bother me.Maybe it needs curved in a bit more?

Vasilkadifeli-The male needs more of his right cheek showing and the legs seem a bit short.

Cmwynn-Wow so many and very nice poses.The 3rd female needs her right side a bit fuller.The fairies arms are to short.

Judi well umm umm she's beautiful.

Now i feel like LA lol
Strike that last comment
One thing about the human body is that we all have a bit different shapes,heights,color and that is what makes our bodies so interesting and beautiful.
Now on that note!
JAYD WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME LOLOL
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Immortalized
near South Padre Island

Hails from United States

Bon ty for the C&C I am going to pm you my ref pic for the first drawing. You will see why I rendered it that way. Only thing I changed from photo is arm postions.
I agree on the 2nd one, since it was from imagination I did not have anything to go by.

Last edited by sultry : 03-09-2005 at 11:44 PM.
  #74   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2005, 11:55 PM
A WC! Legend
High Point, NC

Hails from United States

Bonnie, this IS your class the rest of the week--Good job on the c&c's--Yeah, my demo drawing needed some work--drawing on a deadline is a bear.

Make sure you have fun with this class when you teach it--I have 16 more of these to write not counting the new special interest ones that I keep adding.

These guys here are a great bunch of people artist-type people types and they will do you proud. Let her RIPPPPPPP!
  #75   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-09-2005, 11:56 PM
A Local Legend
Iowa

Hails from United States

Wow sultry amazing job from your imagination. The legs are fantastic.I didn't know it was from your imagination and i sure am sorry for over looking that.