WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Drawing and Sketching > The Classroom
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#361   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-10-2018, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member

Re: Basic 101: Class 14 - Figure Drawing

thank you , and thanks for the information, in some design I had noticed this but I did not know that in fact is customary, then finishing it I will focus on the rest and this is something that is good to know for the future, even for any future figure drawing exercises in figures drawing exercises.
  #362   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-11-2018, 09:14 AM
Veteran Member

Good Sunday Arnoud.
I did that.
I do not know if direction of shading and the type is ok. I initially thought to use white count but then I preferred to decrease use for the impression that gave me the possible result.
The honeycomb texture is particular but it is innocent, but I do not know if it fits better with any particular technique.
Thank you very much for seeing it.
Ps: sorry for the photos, the first is not good for sending but then I changed the arm etc and I think it came worse so I wanted to send this version too.
Second photo I tried to redo it better and use gimp.

#363   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-11-2018, 10:36 AM
A village near Antwerp

Hails from Belgium

Good job, Joe
You avoided most common errors .
On an aside, up to now I could not understand what you meant by "count" (that is 1,2,3,etc). Now in this context of "white count" I think you mean Conte (artist-speak for chalk).

I think it is time to move on to one of the next classes

Drawing and Sketching Forum Guide for D&S Classroom
  #364   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-11-2018, 07:35 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks Arnoud,
yes, I meant chalk white , brand name is Conte. I'm so sorry .
I have these Conté à Paris Pastel Pencil - White (Pack of 2) and Conte Characoal hb and 2b (however white chalktakes root on colored paper).
step to a new class then, thank you. : Class 15 or 16
I read guidelines Class 15 - Fantasy and Imagination and first pages now .
if I understand correctly the drawings are made without reference (or only partial references) then maybe I should keep this class last or last.
Without reference I could not do something different since I was a child of 5/6 years (even at 10/12 years I liked to have some reference, maybe a comic book to draw this even if the stories maybe with comic characters I happened to think but not to put on paper).
in reality I was intrigued .
I admire different fantasy designs like some book covers or film, storyboads of fantasy movies or fantasy characters and I think it's incredible that they come from the mind drawings like those or like these in the classroom . However, the lessons of the first classes I believe help to understand in part how something happens that I have always felt impossible to conceive (first I thought it was a kind of magic now that it is perhaps this also comes from the profound knowledge of construction, fundamental and anatomy
the wonder has not diminished but the same goes for the reference drawings and some sketches, even I have to understand if it is magic or magic
).

On the one hand I think it would still be a new design, new tutorial with various challenges, maybe use different grades of pencil forsr shading,
on the one hand I think maybe better if I go there last or almost, always without particular pretensions, but after making other attempts with the figures (also workshops) and in general other practice with the other classes.

#365   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-13-2018, 10:17 AM
Veteran Member

Hello Arnould, I'm sorry if I put it here but in the other classes I think I would be completely off topic, I wanted to write one last thing here and then step to 16, (I did not do exercises but started to study explanation examples).
I wanted to tell you that I made 2 small purchases in recent times, I'm sharing because I think they are nice and maybe even useful for some classes, during some exercise maybe a mirror for verification ... (mirror and head of 10 cm).
small bust is for the top of the figure, for head, for now I have not used it in reality and if in time I will do its proper use but maybe I want to use it for fast sketching, look better off for what you were saying shadow even without drawing it and in the future maybe when I do not know what to draw or I would like to try to improve as much as possible in drawing head seems comfortable (yes, presents the muscles and construction for € 9 seems excellent and nothing, I was looking for something like that for any exercises on part of the figure so I am very pleased to have it).
The mirror the other purchase that has various benefits in fact although probably is widespread in art and design I confess that I ignored this (and ignored the possibility of finding errors through mirror) so it is good.
So initially taken to try to find the errors even if I'm discovering the same thing for the photos, indeed, in the photos errors I notice them at times but especially if I have already published them though,
in fact I notice them above all because first you showed them to me , seriously, it is an idea to which I arrive late but convenient for more things.

Speaking of mirrors, I had read a couple of curious articles on the black mirror (I ignored this)
I wanted above all to send you article after reading it, but I do not know if you can share external links and this is also off topic, I thought to ask if I could send you private message in case but I lost the link in the meantime, it was an article a few months ago who talked about some recent discoveries, I do not know, but the explanation was very exhaustive, I can not find that article but I found this that basically is similar (but you probably already know the existence of CLAUDE GLASS / black mirror and use in art, however, the title of the article is nice and also speaks of a book on the subject)
The Claude Glass By RAYMOND J. STEINER
ART TIMES December, 2004, I'd like to find it 1 black mirror in some DIY store or small black mirror one, intrigues me in fact because light, shading is both a thing of the most important things that one aspect learn better, dimuinuire errors and lend more attention

#366   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-13-2018, 11:23 AM
A village near Antwerp

Hails from Belgium

It is very easy to make your own (flat) black mirror. Just (spray)paint the back of a piece of glass - or plexiglas aka perspex aka lucite, etc.
For the real thing (convex) you need some old recycled big lens. See here for - in fact elementary - details.

Drawing and Sketching Forum Guide for D&S Classroom
  #367   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-13-2018, 05:36 PM
Veteran Member

thank you Arnould, strong, (nice), then maybe I go for the first one that is simple and in any case I keep and I see the link with the second type. thank you very much