Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk *** Daily Wash Wednesday 10th July 2019 ***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Good morning all:wave:

Overcast out there and more rain expected.

Welcome back Tracy.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

doppler

Good evening Doug.

Beautiful clear warm day today. Winter? Lol.

We had a bonfire in the back yard. Getting rid of stuff. Eli came out and watched.

Roadworks on the northern side are still deserted. :rolleyes:

:wave: to all following

Annie
        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
        Steven Wright
        My Flickr Site

shipbroker

Spent much of yesterday in bed despite that slept well last night!
            Reckon change of tablets has something to do with it.

Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Lulu

Evening…..
                Foggy cold morning then turned into a reasonable afternoon.
                Mild winter so far.

Have just looked at your raised garden beds Bill. Very impressive!
                Am sad though that you are not feeding the little moles :p

Our family are in Budapest for a few days, en route to their home in Italy for the summer holidays.

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

:wave: everyone,
                It’s cloudy right now but supposed to be sunny and 30 later. All the windows are open to cool the house (16 right now) but I was wakened by skunk smell. It seems to be lessening because Brian can’t smell it at all. :rolleyes:

I don’t know if I’ll get to the gym today. My sister is dropping in this morning for a quick visit but I’m not sure when. Most of the day will be concentrating on moving the small sprinkler around to places that are looking very dry in spots the in ground sprinkler barely reaches. I think I’ll make lemon pasta tonight so I need to do a few groceries. That about covers my plans. I’m sure more things will fill in the day.

Breakfast is next so I’ll wish you all a comfortable and pain free day.

www.ellenspalette.com

ScarletLake

:wave: HELLO EVERYONE:wave:

It is almost 6AM here in OHIO. I wanted to drop in for a minute. What’s been happening with us WELL I’ve been working from early morning till around 8pm in the evening on our MAJOR PURGE that I could not get done during the past winter.

Our bedroom is completed & a new mattress set is being delivered this week. We have worked in our garage for a couple of HOT days & my husband took a load to thrift store on Friday & I have 6 boxes of mainly glassware serving pieces / flower vases/ etc loaded in my car to be dropped of this morning.

Kitchen cabinets are done too. Yesterday I gave away an Art table to a young girl who works at the coffee shop & is going to college. She came & picked it up after she got off work & was thrilled.

Also I have been taing care of our yard & flowers. I mow the front & side & husband mows the back.

Not very exciting but most of you can relate. My craft room will be the last to get done.

The boys are good. My oldest Justin is still in the USAF & he flies for Civil Air Patrol & teaches flight in his spare time. He has flown to Vegas, the length of the Grand Canyon, Salt Lake City, Phonix, recently. He is doing well.

Josh is still learning how to live on his own & often times he just makes things harder on himself but I guess thats how he will learn.

Today I am going to treat myself to a stop at Hobby Lobby for a browse. I really have not been buying much at all this year unless I see an art book I like. Speaking of books I have just finished my 25th novel read this year.

I have a few things to say for some but I will post them tomorrow as this is getting so long.

Everyone take care of yourselves & enjoy your Summer

Anita

Good Morning all
                    It is almost 6:00 a.m. here in Oakwood with a gorgeous bright orange sky outside my window. Another warm day with possible pop-up showers later in the day.

I finished my suitcase painting WIP on Monday. (Link in my signature line.) Now I need to find something to draw out for next week’s class. :D

Our garden is beginning to produce goodies. We enjoyed our Swiss chard soup last night, and while I was watering it yesterday afternoon I picked the first cucumber and another is almost ready. One tomato is turning red and the peppers and eggplants have a couple getting big enough to harvest soon. :D

Nice to see you again, Tracy.

:wave: to all.

SYL,

Sylvia

:wave:

Dentist went well, evidently I grind my teeth.

Garden is looking good, I was a little worried that all the rain had drowned my vege garden, but all is good.

Have a fabulous day everyone, sleep well those down here.

I am off to bed early, I need to be up early tomorrow.

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

JJ
                    Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                    MY BLOG
                    My Youtube videos

Good Morning! It’s already warming up at 20C, but I still have the house open for a few more minutes. I slept in this morning! It’s so rare that I stay in much past 6 o’clock that sleeping till 8:00 is shocking! :)

The kitty herd was sure that starvation was imminent. They’re fed now, thank goodness, before they expired. Freshly brewed coffee is strong and aromatic. I haven’t had breakfast yet.

Our Niece from Cobourg, Ontario is coming to visit us on Saturday. I warned her that I was painting as Artist in Residence Friday evening and all day Saturday. She’s ok with that and plans to arrive at my garden space on Saturday. As a Chef, she’s then going to make dinner for us. :) I need to get the spare room open and freshened. And move the Christmas gifts to a closet!

My Class will be arriving soon. We’ll be starting their posterized portraits today. I have one of my own drawn out of Ted and I. :) Once they establish their palette choices and values, the painting goes quickly. All portraits were traced out last week.

Good news Steve!

Wonderful, wonderful photo Bill!

Tracy, hybrid everbearing berries are being farmed here and will be available throughout most of the summer. I don’t much care for them because I think they don’t taste as good as early Spring fruit. We’ve enjoyed the Saskatoon berries from our bushes which are now done. We don’t grow enough to freeze. Our blueberries are ripening and the raspberries will be ready soon also.

Welcome back, btw. I’ve certainly missed your chatty diatribes! :heart:

Hiya Doug, (((Geoff))), Annie and Lulu!

Ellen, your lemon pasta sounds good. How nice that Sis is coming for a visit!

Wow, Anita! You’re a whirling dervish now that you feel better!!!

I’ll go look in to your wip, Sylvia… don’t you just love eating from the garden? I declare every time that the food on the table was growing in the garden just minutes before. I’m sure my family just rolls their eyes invisibly… ’cause they don’t dare dis the hand that feeds them.

G’nite JJ!

I’m showered and dressed but not fed. I’d better get moving! Have a great day, everyone!

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

:wave: Will be hot today, may wait to walk till the evening. Not much else but sewing and some needed chores.

Good for you Anita, getting all that out of the house!

That’s part of what i need to do today also. Wish I hadn’t thrown out the boxes I was saving, Need something to put stuff in!

How great that you are close to your niece that way, Char, she sounds like a lovely person! Painting in the gardens is fun, I have done it a couple of times for our tour. Would love to see a photo of the garden you are working in :)

I hope everyone has comfortable day and has something happy to do!

:heart: :grouphug: :heart:

Cheers, Lynn
                    www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/lynn-macintyre
                    "Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Bill

Good day all,

As Lynn said, it will be hot today, still, I have lawn to mow.

I also need to cut down the elderberry bush that has taken up residence beside my deck. I’ll also try to dig up it’s root system. I harvested a quart of dried flowers from it.
                        Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Good morning. Hot and humid is the forecast for today. This afternoon is the great replacement of our 15 year old modem with a newer with a 100/100 Mbps one getting ready for the change over from cable tv to streaming tv. All the Apple TVs are up and running. I cannot wait to get rid of the cables and boxes. We are even getting rid of the most of the CD players. We will keep a few of those, but we hardly ever use them.

I am working on a little scene showcasing my newest tea pot and vase. I made two chairs out of a converted rocking chair pattern for a table that I made a year ago. Such excitement!

Anita, Welcome back! I cannot do any purging with my back hurting so bad. Everything is on hold in that area right now. I was down to three closets. I will get to them eventually.

Tracy, I am keeping a close eye on the earthquakes in CA which are affecting Las Vegas. I have felt three minor ones in Chicago, St. Petersburg, and Oklahoma. Hope they are wrong about a major one.

Char, You will have a wonderful visit from your niece this weekend.

Geoff, Hope that you are doing better now.

Have a wonderful day. I have to go make some miniature tea in tiny cups!

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
                        "Imagination is more important than knowledge."- Einstein

A good Wednesday to all……another too hot day in store for much of anything outside. Have already made my run to HD to get my 2×6’s and 4 additional 2×4’s…….thinking that’ll be about it today.

Not much in the works today……Lisa is resting this morning….her morning dose of Lyrica tends to induce sleep. She had a good night last night…hopefully she’ll be able to get up and about for a spell today again.

Walking Ginny outback this morning I discovered our deck has dropped about an inch and a half on one corner….after further investigations, it appears that we have a slight wash out of the elevated pad the deck is over and one corner of the retaining wall has shifted some………add another project to the list. We don’t own our house, it owns us. Good thing I already own a concrete mixer cause it’s gonna be needed.

Greetings to all……….

Be good, do good…….it’s simply the right thing to do.
                        Steve.

Pain and heartaches aren't options in life........misery is a choice.

Bill

Steve, glad Lisa continues to improve.

Up here, I had to plant my deck posts a minimum of 42″ to stay below the frost line. I’m wondering, with the cold polar freezes we’ve been having, if that will be enough anymore.
                            Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Uschi

Good Morning, or is it lunch time already, either way we had a nice cool night but the day will be hot and humid.

I had another good look at the painted wall and decided that one coat was good, I do need to give the edges and corners another coat but that is brush work and easy and I will do it this afternoon.

I had to do a bit of housework for the downstairs because it is my turn to host the scrabble ladies tomorrow and with doing all the work upstairs I have left the downstairs.

Next decision is to go to the store and see if they have very ripe bananas for banana bread and if not I am going to be daring and make one of those easy peasy Betty Crocker cakes.

Anita, so good to hear from you!! This purging never gets done since as we get older we seem to need less and less.

Yes, Tracy nice to have you back!!

Nancy I have to look into this streaming TV, sounds good.

Steve, continued good wishes for Lisa.

Char, you will have a really interesting and nice weekend.

Geoff, so the really good sleep seems to have been due to something not being right instead of a lucky long blessed sleep. Either way I am sure the sleep did you good.

Sylvia, the painting turned out really well!!

Got to go before it gets too hot, :wave: to all and wish you all a realy good day!!

Uschi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.