Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk *** Daily Wash Monday 8th July 2019 ***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Good morning all :wave:

Not a good night. An overcast start to the day.

I’m not sure how we will get around this week with the road to the village closed:eek: Ruth is still planning to go to her knitting groups?

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

doppler

I hear you Doug. I haven’t been to the Gap for weeks. Roadworks there too. Roadworks the other way to Samford also. Still deserted. :rolleyes: I come home up the Goat Track now to avoid the lights which take forever to change.

Goat track is a narrow winding dirt road, open only for going up. Don’t tell the cyclists and occasional car going down. Quite funny watching them try and hit the brakes and avoid a mouthful of admirable words from me.

And good evening :lol:

Rain will stop soon.

:wave:

Annie
        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
        Steven Wright
        My Flickr Site

Good evening Annie, haven’t checked the traffic situation yet, but I hope the Highways Dept have taken my advice and installed temporary traffic lights at the main road intersection otherwise we will have mile-long queues.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

shipbroker

Morning all.

Somewhat better night….went to bed later than usual as Christine rang just before we ate. She had about 15lbs of raspberries,strawberries and blueberries picked that evening,so she came to eat as well.

Claire landed in Newcastle so home in couple of hours.

Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Bill

Good day all,

Slept 4 1/2 hours. Feel great!

It’s delightfully cool out, but temps will rise to 80 F.

Congrats to the USA women’s soccer team. World Champions. I love these ladies. They speak their minds.
                No roadwork nearby.
                Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Good evening. Doug and Annie, we too have ongoing roadworks at the bottom of the hill. Actually it isn’t the road that is being worked on, it is the huge drain that Minippi creek runs through. The workmen are shoring up the sides with large rocks, because it get overgrown so quickly.

So I had my skin cancers seen to. The Dr put several injections of local anesthetic into my cheek. Grabbed the Diathermy after waiting for a good few minutes, and darn ouch. I jumped, she jumped, local did not work!! She wanted to put more in, and I said don’t worry just keep going. Hurt like billy-oh but done. Lucky they were small. Have more growing, so will go through this again sometime..:rolleyes: Wear a hat, wear sunscreen, wear UV protective clothing. It isn’t a matter of if it happens to you, according to my Dr it will.

I had a couple of chores afterwards, then home.

Tomorrow, I am going back to the Crystal Shop, taking my lovely friend from across the road. We will have coffee afterwards. Maybe, we should have coffee first . :lol:

Much love to all.. :heart::grouphug:

JJ
                Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                MY BLOG
                My Youtube videos

Good Morning all,
                It is 6:00 a.m. here in getting light Oakwood. Temps and humidity a tad lower today, so it may be a tiny bit more comfortable. No rain in the forecast.

They are supposed to begin resurfacing the street in front of our house shortly, Doug, but they said we would be able to get in and out of our houses’ driveways. Not sure how it will work, especially when they are in the section in front of the house. We’ll have to make sure we don’t have any appointments or need to go somewhere during that time, I guess.

JJ, Ouch, you are a brave one. Glad you are getting them treated though so it doesn’t spread. Ditto to what you said about being careful with sun exposure when you are outdoors.

:wave: to all,

Sylvia

doppler

Geez JJ, she didn’t even use liquid nitrogen. Lol. Or too big send you to a surgeon. LA … stupid. Diathermy ….. head under pillow.

Syl, road workers will ensure access to your home.

Annie
                    Steven Wright
                    My Flickr Site

doppler

Btw, I think the US women did great in the soccer. :thumbsup: and I think they are great. :heart: why should they not celebrate ? They are the best.

Annie
                        Steven Wright
                        My Flickr Site

Lulu

At the end of a busy day but….
                            I have to have my last thing at night cuddle with Gary (cat lol), upside down in my arms like a baby. Only now I practise my line dancing with him like that, he loves it! Purrs loudly. Him not me. :D No video, you have to imagine it yourself lol

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

:wave: everyone,
                            Another sunny day with a high of 29. Three days of temps near 30 and then cooling off a little.

The last Swallow left the birdhouse yesterday so this morning I was able to water and deadhead the planters on the deck without being swooped by protective parents. While doing that the Loon from the lake across the street flew over doing his morning call. I love being close to nature. I wouldn’t do well downtown in a big city.

The two oldest grandsons have Nerf Wars camp this week. They go during the day and learn meditation, character building, exercises, tie-dye camouflage t-shirts, and of course have Nerf gun wars. :thumbsup: If I have to babysit it will just be the youngest.

Brian is back to work so my life can get back to routine. Gym this morning, run a few errands, and maybe start a project. I would like to get my studio painted but the thought of sorting through all that “stuff” is daunting.

I also have ideas for three paintings that I need to do something about.

Breakfast is next and then I’ll get started on my day. Enjoy the start of a new week everyone.

www.ellenspalette.com

Uschi

Good Morning!!

A lovely cool 10C right now, so good when the house gets a chance to cool down over night. Hot and humid again as the day progresses. Bright sunshine.

First thing I have to do is cut the grass while it is still cool. I haven’t decided on the rest of the day yet.

Scrabble ladies and I had a lovely time sitting in the park and listening to the concert yesterday evening. Afterwards we went to the Boathouse next to the river to have an ice cream cone:thumbsup: Temperature was perfect too.

Sharon, lovely photos!!

Geoff, smart lady, your Claire! Enjoy her arrival!

Steve, yes, Lisa must be soooo disappointed and frustrated. Sending more good wishes and :grouphug:

Darla, Did you take before and after pictures????? Yes, it must feel really good having achieved all the things you wanted to get done. You would have just been thinking about it all the time if you had taken a “real” holiday.

Lulu :) :thumbsup:

JJ, OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annie and Doug, sorry about the road closures frustration.

Ellen, the words “stuff” and “daunting”, I know them only too well:D

:wave: to you Bill and Sylvia!!

Uschi

Geez JJ, she didn’t even use liquid nitrogen. Lol. Or too big send you to a surgeon. LA … stupid. Diathermy ….. head under pillow.

I know right. She said it will smell funny, I said I am very used to that smell, having worked in theatre for years lol.

Ellen, I love the call of the loons.

Sounds like a wonderful day Uschi.

Night all..

JJ
                                Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                                MY BLOG
                                My Youtube videos

Good Morning! I’m thoroughly enjoying the 18C temperatures sans humidity this morning. It won’t last, of course, but for now we have the house open to the fresh air.

Congratulations to the USA Ladies Soccer Team!

I’m going to make a run for strawberries this morning. I need to get my jam made because other vegetables and fruit will soon need my attention.

Darla, your accomplishments are terrific in the short amount of time you had to get them done! No wonder you were tired. McKenzie and Brittany took a working holiday and managed to get a lot done… it’s the first time they realized that they’re “adulting”. :lol:

Doug, unfortunately if we avoiding driving anywhere because of construction, we’d never drive anywhere! :eek: I hope it’s not too much of a challenge to get Ruth delivered to her Group.

Annie, that goat track sounds treacherous! :eek:

Wow, Geoff, that’s a lot of fruit! Welcome home Claire. :)

Not everyone appreciates their frankness, Bill. :p

:eek: JJ! What an awful experience. I do hope you don’t have many more that must be dealt with.

Sylvia, hopefully the roadwork will not take long!

Awh… sweet Gary. You do paint a charming image dancing with the cat.

Oh my gosh, Ellen, that camp sounds like so much fun!!! I hear ya with *stuff* and *daunting*.

Uschi, sounds like a really nice evening. Here in Chatham, we have various bands that perform in Tecumseh Park’s band shell. It’s a fun and free evening!

I’d better get things movin’ and groovin’ here. I want to get my work done before the house begins to heat up. Have yourselves a great day!

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

shipbroker

Daughter home and unpacked….will start repacking again soon as off to Amsterdam on Thursday for 3 nights to see friends….tomorrow with house agents.

She feels the cool here! but I am sweating and keeping out of the sun..last day before weather changes.

geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.