WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2019, 11:12 PM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom
** Daily Wash Sunday 7th July 2019**

Morning All

Been awake since 0130 but so used to it that it doesn't worry me.
Birds started a hour day after and in full flow now.

One of Eileens sisters calling later,probably first visit for five years!

Geoff

Email from Claire,her flight running very late so likely miss tonight's connection.

JJ...Yes you can be proud of Tania.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2019, 02:15 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Re: ** Daily Wash Sunday 7th July 2019**

Good morning Geoff and all to follow. You really are a poor sleeper Geoff.

A bright sunny morning here with Simpsons clouds. We have escaped the extreme temperatures so far, I hope that continues.

We had a lovely dinner last night with lots of interesting discussion.

I'll have to get out and water the tubs and hanging baskets, the rest can look after itself.

Doug
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2019, 04:38 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Good morning Geoff and Doug, and all to come.

Geoff, I am bursting at the seams for her..

It was fine this morning, until midday when I went to church. light sprinkle coming out 2 hours later.

I hope you all have a wonderful day/evening.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2019, 05:29 AM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia

Good evening.

Cold and rainy today with enveloping mist.

Went to the dump this morning and there was an officious guy with a clipboard there .... well he would have been officious except for the splendid dreadlocks pulled into a man bun .... very nice .. . but I digress... who wanted to know our address and what we had brought to the dump, actually transfer station. Gave my address and said recycling, as I dumped the wine bottles, empty

Apart from that news, time to make like a carpet Python. Roast beef tonight.

to all following
My Flickr Site
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2019, 06:10 AM

Morning all. The ukulele festival is in full swing here. Today is the last day. It's like Glastonbury for pensioners and toddlers with everyone having a great time. Yesterday I was complimented on my sing-a-long singing by the chap sitting next to me. #mademyday.

I've been busy all week with grandchildren and decorators and I've even managed a bit of watercolour painting myself. This lot of workmen likes their tea and coffee and there are 4 of them so it's a challenge for my brain remembering the milk and sugar combinations.

Weather is lovely today so I must remember my hat and sun cream. Fortunately we don't have the extremes of temperature some of you are enduring.

Have the best day you can everyone.

QS
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2019, 06:12 AM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
Iíve been awake since 3:30. Something I ate didnít agree with me and even though I tried getting back to sleep in the lazy boy Iím still up. I will probably go back to bed to try for a nap soon.

We closed the windows before bed because it was supposed to go down to 9. Good thing we did because the temp this morning is 4. It will go up to 27 and sunny.

I have open studio at the art club this afternoon and I have a couple of ideas for scarf dyeing I want to try.

Brian has to cut the grass this afternoon once itís dry and he is going to the gym this morning. He has booked his flight to Vancouver Island to visit his mom in Aug. She needs some help to fix her deck and then he is going to travel around the island a bit. His sister also lives there and she is lending him her second car so he can get around.

Iím going to try for a nap so Iíll wish you all a happy day.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2019, 07:02 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Good day all,

Nice cool temps here this morning. Keeping the door open to cool off the house.

QS, nice to get a compliment for your singing.

I must bake a loaf of bread this morning while it's cool.

It's dry and comfortable enough to get a lot of yard work completed. I'll surely get my exercise walking behind the mower. My yard is my gym.
Bill

#8   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2019, 07:32 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Morning!

All the windows and doors are open, finally a day that is cool enough that one can do that. It' will heat back up tomorrow but I think the nights will be a bit cooler.

Must be something in the air because I too woke up after every sleep cycle, that doesn't normally happen to me. I did manage to get right back to sleep.

Geoff, have you always had sleeping problems??? No fun Is Claire arriving tomorrow for a lengthy vacation??

Well I lugged the carpet steam cleaner upstairs and will do the area behind the furniture. Laundry needs doing too.

A couple of scrabble ladies and I are going to the Concert in the Park this evening.

JJ, CONGRATULATIONS to Tania!!!! That's what's called a half marathon and is a BIG achievement!!!!!!!

QS. oh my, your half naked men are still prancing in front of you See, all this ice cream encouraged them to stay around The weekend sounds like so much fun.

Ellen, 4 degrees sounds good, but only for one night to thoroughly cleanse the air. I hope your digestion is recovering.

Annie, the bottles will have properly labelled you

Doug, nothing nicer than an evening with good friends and a good conversation.

Bill, you reminded me that I too should cut the grass.

Uschi

#9   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2019, 07:38 AM
Veteran Member
Memphis, TN

Hails from United States

A good Sunday to all....will hit 93įF here today with high humidity...chances of thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening.........typical Memphis summer. Watched the sun rise this morning with my coffee, marveled at the birds getting about their business, had a nice coffee chat with "I Am"....we both agreed the "leaked" Uk Ambassador email was spot on and quite humorous...

Will watch the match today between USA vs. Netherlands.....should be a good one.

Working out my electrical plan for the carport project....pulling together my list of parts and pieces I'll need to get. Will purchase them when I go and get my cedar boards.....if the heat doesn't get too bad....otherwise, I'll putter about the studio. Most likely a nap will be on the agenda today....only got about 4 hours of sleep last night. Woke up wide awake from a dream that disturbed me and then it was a losing battle trying to get back to sleep....luckily can't recall the dream at all.

JJ.....Congratulations to Tania ..... my personal philosophy, if there is no bear chasing you, no need to run....and then you only need to run fast enough to remain ahead of one person.....just sayin.

Greetings and best wishes to all for a great day, evening or night.......

Be good, do good...
Steve.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2019, 07:39 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

P.S. Sylvia, in response to your gardening woes the other day, DO TRY the garlic powder.

I have not seen the groundhog nor the rabbit and it looks like deer haven't touched anything either. The fault was mine for relaxing, procrastinating and not sprinkling the garlic early enough. Try it, you have nothing to loose except a couple of dollars for the garlic powder.

Uschi

#11   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2019, 07:41 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

I folks, just done half an hour in the garden. I had a potted Lavetera "Barnsley" which is not doing so well so I have planted it in the back of the rockery in between the Daisies and pink rose.

Doug
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2019, 08:49 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Good Morning all,
It is 8:45 a.m. here in bright, sunny, and hot Oakwood. May get some rain this afternoon. Cooler temps promised for the coming week.

I spent the early hours today baking a cherry pie. Kari, Mike, and Casey are coming over for pie and ice cream in celebration of Larry's birthday and Mike's upcoming one tomorrow. I put together the pastry and the filling yesterday and tucked them in the fridge. Then this morning I rolled out the pastry, warmed the filling and put the pie together. Baked in the oven and it is now cooling on the table.

to all,

SYL,

Sylvia
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2019, 08:54 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Claire plane delayed so overnight Heathrow now...here most week then Amsterdam and return,then London a few times and looking for another house to rent for her pension...back in a month.

Geoff
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2019, 09:04 AM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2019, 09:50 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Geoff, I don't know what this means: looking for another house to rent for her pension. Is she retiring or just moving?
Bill