WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-17-2019, 11:23 PM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Exclamation *** Daily Wash *** TUESDAY ~ June 18 ~ 2019 ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scene Chaser

JJ, you use so much energy during the day I'm not surprised you get seven hours sleep. I only got six..

Thats pretty good Bill.

Lynn, Roslyn will get married in Tauranga, Mount Maunganui to be exact, I am told.

Uschi, aaaaw for your phlox. I have some growing in my garden too, they are still too small to flower, but give them until the end of the month, i expect to see bugs.

My ongoing saga with Origin Energy to get my $71.40 back is getting laughable, not.

When one rings them, we are kept in the queue for 45 minutes, I kid you not.

A man answered, and after I gave him my details, I asked him where is my refund. He said that it has been deposited into my bank account June 12. I said no, it hasn't, nothing from Origin has been deposited in my account. He assured me that he could see it right in front of him.

I went to my bank account app on my phone to double check yet again, and couldn't get in I was locked out. I tried on my computer and couldn't get in I was locked out. The message said too many login attempts had been made. ?? I made one on each device.

Ring the bank. She says too many login attempts. I asked her how that could happen when I got that message after the first attempt. Here is what she said. Well some other customer has accidentally used your login. I said huh. She repeated it, it happens another customer has pressed the wrong characters and used your login.

I said, you just made that up. She went quiet. I said ma am I have a dongle, no one is going to accidentally put my login in, it changes every 90 seconds. Silence. She had no answer and reset my account. So. I don't know what happened and maybe I was right when I told her someone had tried to access my account, but definitely not a customer. Sheesh.

I had to hang up on the Origin call to make the bank call. Guess what happened next. I rang Origin back, and was put in a queue for 45 minutes. Yup. So that is one and a half hours of my precious time, in a queue.

I get a new person, which was good, and he told me that the previous guy had just made it all up, as there is nothing written in my account that says there was a deposit in my bank account on the 12th June. These people are here in Australia too, not offshore.

He says the reason it was never put into my bank account is the bank account details were never passed onto the finance department. He rechecked my mailing address, and told me that my check will be here in 28 days.

I asked for interest on my money for four months, every so nicely. he went quite. Finally he told me to have a good day and if there was anything else he could do just ask. Four months!

Char i saw your cake over on facebook. Nice save.

Nancy check your government has not done something like ours has with the 6 month thing. Lots of people here are in for a nasty surprise. You really are a magician with your minis. Such patience.

Betty I sure hope you get to save some of your waterlillies.

Congratulations to Ash on his acting job Ellen. Oh did you see the photos on facebook Karina put up of her photos of the Hollinger Headframe. Brought back some super memories, I really enjoyed going down into the mine..

Happy canning Tracy.

Char, my heart goes out to you and Ted. It is totally unacceptable that his endocrinologist knew absolutely nothing about his condition. How can that happen. I hope the compression tshirt continues to make his feel somewhat better. Much Love.

((((Steve and Lisa)))) I have no words.

I am off to the Podiatrist for a first visit this afternoon. I have no idea what he will do or say. I am hoping he can help with my arthritic feet, so I can walk more.

Love and hugs to everyone, including our lurkers..
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 12:07 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: ***Daily Wash*** TUESDAY ~ June 18 ~ 2019***

Wow some post Judy-Joy!

Four hours straight sleep,how did that happen to me? Nice though.

Shopping and maybe gardening today.

Geoff
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 01:06 AM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

Jj, are you sure the 6 month passport validity is before you travel???
Ours have to be valid for 6 months after exiting our country.
A lot of countries require that your passport is valid for 6 months from entry into their country.
Singapore, China, the Emirates to name a few.

Last edited by Lulu : 06-18-2019 at 01:09 AM.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 01:22 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Good morning all

Hugs for Char &Ted, Lisa & Steve.

Mount Manganin is a very picturesque place JJ.

Well, my PC has been updating to 1903 since 8.30 last night. Got up early and it is now at 92% and still going!

I hope it completes its process soon. I think the problem is my hard disk, I'll investigate changing it to an SSD.

Planning to go to Southport to look for a 4-step step stool.

PS My PC finally finished updating and it seems OK, although the headphone jack wasn't detected immediately. My files seem intact

The lesson is to be patient it took 10 hours overnight to update after I clicked the box!

Doug
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 02:13 AM
WC! Guide
Llangarron Herefordshire UK

Morning all

Have been busy but trying to keep tabs on what’s going on.

Char and Ted - the lack of communication between different medical disciplines is frightening. On the bright side, I have had impaired renal function for years but I soldier on. Keep positive and keep hydrated. 👍

Lisa and Steve - so sorry to hear of the nerve problem and your medical insurance ‘hike’ Steve. Thank heavens for our National Health Service - without it I’d be bankrupt .... or dead.

Uschi - I really am sorry about your phlox but if you remember the shepherds watched their phlox by night all seated on the ground! You’ll know what to do next time 😀

I’m on more steroid sessions this week so will probably feel a bit ‘off’ for a few days. However, successive treatments have greatly improved my balance and walking. Now I can manage a few jobs - if I’m careful!

Have a good day everyone and best wishes to all who are unwell.

Mike 😊
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 02:16 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Re: *** Daily Wash *** TUESDAY ~ June 18 ~ 2019 ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
Uschi - I really am sorry about your phlox but if you remember the shepherds watched their phlox by night all seated on the ground! You’ll know what to do next time 😀
That's a cracker Mike

Doug
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 02:33 AM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia

Good evening all.

Our roof is done.

Cats are in after being out and about. Wasn't nearly as loud today so I got to see them a few times.

Naughty mike!!!

In to stew my brain watching rubbish TV
My Flickr Site
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 02:34 AM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

Very funny

My mother would have been 100 today, if she hadn't died 31 years ago..
Has been a day of remembering.
Fond memories still live on in those who loved her. She taught us a lot, having had polio as a child (like Ruth) and then Parkinson's disease from mid-life until she passed.

Last edited by Lulu : 06-18-2019 at 02:41 AM.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 02:45 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hi Annie

Hi Lulu

Doug
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 02:46 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Here is my first scarf I knitted. I am going to do another one for Tania. Size 12 needles, moss stitch, and twisted to sew up.

Yay Annie so glad you have your new roof finished. Kitties will be pleased too..

((( Mike))) too funny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu
Jj, are you sure the 6 month passport validity is before you travel???
Absolutely positive, the passport office told me so several times when i phoned them to mail out the renewal forms.

Good sleep Geoff.

Doug it is a beautiful place, yes. I used to take Tania there when she was a child, and we have been back twice in the last eight months, the last time on the cruise. Hope your pc is still ok Doug.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 02:55 AM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

JJ, that doesnt make sense. How would people get on for emergency travel?

We renewed ours online and had them delivered within 5 days.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 02:56 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Lovely scarf JJ, yes, I love Mount Manganui. I sketched the mount while there.

Mount Manganui, Bay of Plenty:

Doug
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 03:14 AM
Immortalized
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

Good morning. I went to bed, but could not sleep. So I have wandered out to the living room. I finished the French Cafe, check the link in my signature for all the photos.

Char, Your news on Ted was not what I was hoping for..... to both of you.

Steve, Oh I hate those kind of days. I have the world’s worst drug plan through the City of Plano. So, my doctor gives me samples when he can. Now I am worried for you trying to deal with your condition without those shots. We do have the worst health system in the world. Lisa I have a similar problem with my left foot that never got better after the first surgery. I fear what is going to happen when I go to the doctor on Thursday, since I am still having pain.

JJ, Love the scarf, and we have to have our passport in effect for six months prior to a trip, too! We have no plans to leave the country, since we only go to Vegas and Louisiana these days. We could not afford to go overseas for any vacation. I hope you finally get your refund check.

Doug, Dang that is a long time for an update on a computer. The worst I had was a month ago when I was redoing the older iMacs that took two hours. The best part is everything always works after Apple’s updates.

Lulu, You do the same thing I do with regards to your mother. I, too, was lucky to have a wonderful mother.

Mike, So glad your infusions are working and you are getting stronger. Your pun was quite funny!

Geoff, Tonight I will not be getting as much sleep as normal. I will catch up sooner than later.

Annie, Glad that the roof has been replaced.

We will be under the gun again on Wednesday for storms. Good thing we live on a hill. I will be tagging along with John to go to the “I” store to get our new kitchen table. I guess it will be put to use in the garage since no one wants it.

Have a great day....I am off to bed.
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 04:15 AM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

Hard to fathom the US 'health' system, for sure.

To the Brits..is the NHS sustainable? Currently, obviously, but longer term? It does seem to be very generous in a lot of ways.

Nancy, your miniatures are exquisite!

Speaking re travel....a visa story. A friend and her hubby were visiting Africa...they spent 3 weeks in South Africa, left for a week and then tried to return, but they didnt get past Immigration who said their visas had expired and they were deported!
The Imm. Officer told them they had to come back to NZ and renew their visas from there. It was wrong but there was nothing they could do there. They did get a free trip back to Sth Africa about 6 months later. Don't think i would have wanted to!

Last edited by Lulu : 06-18-2019 at 04:40 AM.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 04:17 AM
Baltimore Maryland

Hails from United States

Good morning all.

It looks like the summer heat is finally on us. The days get to 89F/31C,

not including the humidity...ugh. It's best for me to try to get outside work done early. The evenings see thunderstorms, which my plants love. My knees and dogs don't though.

I did some weed pulling in the back patio garden and made some photos of the front garden before I had to call it quits.

Here is a pic of my front:

Have a good day!

Nice Sketch Yorkie!

Excellent work on that scarf JJ. A dear friend of mine is crazy about knitting and sewing. So much so that she has started a online business, which is going very well.

Lulu, I miss my Mom too, that place never gets replaced in our hearts does it?