Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk **Daily Wash Monday 17th June 2019**

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    shipbroker

Had a really early night,backfired as back to poor sleeps!

Has rained dry at moment.

Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Good morning Geoff, sorry you are back to your old routine. I had another seven hours sleep, I wonder what changed?

Overnight rain but it appears to be brightening up now.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

doppler

Good evening Geoff and Doug.

A very loud day today. Our new roof is almost complete. Cats have spent the day under the house which means they will hungry and angry when silence finally falls.

Bad day for them yesterday too with thunderstorms. :lol:

:wave: to all following

May BBL

Annie
            "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
            Steven Wright
            My Flickr Site

Hi Annie :wave:

Thunderstorms while you are getting a new roof?:eek: Hope you got no leaks, we did :rolleyes: They stripped and felted half of the roof and we had heavy rain overnight which found a break in the felt. No real damage, just a lot of buckets.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

doppler

No leaks Doug. Storm yesterday, roof off today. Clear and sunny. Though cold.

Loki and Eli impressed by neither event. They would have run away from home but they have nowhere to go, and it would have been scary to try, so they sat under the house and ignored our entreaties to come in, until Loki broke.

Annie
                Steven Wright
                My Flickr Site

:wave: Everyone!

What a beeeautiful day it was here today. A little fresh now, but my supper is in the pressure cooker, my rice is cooking in the rice cooker, I will soon warm up.

Firstly, Nancy, your cake is magnificent!!

Char, I bet you were a really good cake decorator too, you are so very creative. xx

I had a wander around my garden today, with all he rain, everything has grown at least three inches. Vegetables are all green and standing upright as they should. My beans will be ready for picking soon.

After my lovely cleaning lady left today, I headed down to the Post Office to renew my passport. Australia have brought out this rule, that you must have a valid passport 6 months prior to travel date. That is just plain nuts.. I got it all sorted, and it is off to the passport Office. They tell my I will have it back in Three weeks. I travel beginning of January to Tanias sisters wedding. All very exciting.

Yay Doug on 7 hours sleep. I am lucky, I average that every night. Please tell Ruth I did finish one scarf, not the pattern you gave me, but just a simple knit to lent and twist when sewn up. Just like that gorgeous red one Ruth gave me. Mine is longer. Too dark to take a photo, I will tomorrow. Your garden is still lovely.

Char, I hope the weather co-operated with your b-b-q plans. Hugs to Ted. Yes, you are so right, that smell eh. I love rain and the freshness it brings.

Sylvia, your recipes/cooking. I am going to end up on your doorstep one day :D No cakes for me, savoury all the way!

Lynn, your wee granddaughter is soooo cute!!

Hya Kay, enjoy that Ipad xx That is not Chars garden, don’t worry, she said she found that photo on the web. xx

Darla, I hope today is a better day. Much love.. Is Jen ok?

Ellen, I am looking forward to photos of your garden, once it is blooming.

Speaking of gardens, I have lavender in my front raised garden. It has been there so long I forget when I actually planted it. I cut it back severely every year, and if comes back in force. This year it is fabulous, and the perfume is so nice. It is covered in bees from the two neighbours hives. (They have native stingless bees) I am excited how good it looks, before I pruned it, I was going to pull it all out and start again :)

Annie, your gorgeous furkids will be so glad when you are reroofed. :heart:

I have washing in the machine, just enough time to go sort it, before dinner is ready..

Later :wave: :heart: :grouphug:

JJ
                Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                MY BLOG
                My Youtube videos

Good Morning all,
                It is just past 6:00 a.m. here in waking up Oakwood. No rain so far today, not sure about later.

I’m off to painting class this afternoon. Nita challenged us to pick a triade of colors to use with a painting, so I’ll give it a go. We did a Monthly Class a couple of years ago with the concept and it was fun. I just need to go through her Exploring Color Workshop this morning and decide which version of a triade I want to use with my still life drawing I have on paper.

We had a nice lunch with Kari and Christine and Kent called to talk with their Dad during the day. It was a nice day for Larry and me. :D

I loved the raised bed garden Char posted yesterday, but we would have to build three or four of them to have the size garden we have now. :lol:

:wave: to all,

SYL,

Sylvia

Jmurman

Good morning everyone. Its been a while since Ive been aroiund this site and good to see everyone.

I post some of my photography on my blog

doppler

Back at you Jerry. Hope you are painting.:thumbsup:

Annie
                        Steven Wright
                        My Flickr Site

Jmurman

Back at you Jerry. Hope you are painting.:thumbsup:

Just starting to get back into painting Anne. Have to have the proper mindset for it, right?

I post some of my photography on my blog

Hey Jerry great to wee you back :) xx

JJ
                            Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                            MY BLOG
                            My Youtube videos

Good Morning! It rained most of yesterday, but cleared up late in the afternoon. We were able to barbeque our burgers and chicken!! Dinner turned out really good and I sent lots of leftovers home with the Kids, and made Simon’s lunch for today.

My angel food cake ended up being a funny story. I decided to make two small cakes instead of one large one. I placed them on the lowest rack in the oven where they are supposed to bake. I didn’t bother to move the rack above them thinking it was high enough that it wouldn’t interfere. Wrong. My cakes rose high and right into the racks. :eek: After extricating them from the oven, one of them was ripped and torn beyond being able to proudly serve it. :lol: I quickly made up a cream cheese pudding along with some fruit, layering it with the cake torn into small pieces. It was good!!!

We’re heading out the door shortly because we have to make that drive to Windsor again for another Dr.’s appointment. We’ll drop the garbage at the Transfer station on our way. It’s only a few minutes off the beaten path.

Welcome back Jerry! :wave: Everyone. I hope to be drop in again later this afternoon. In the meantime, I do wish for the best possible day for all of you! :grouphug:

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Bill

Good day all,

We had a shower this morning while I slept, not enough to water the garden properly.

Annie, hope your finger is healing.

JJ, you use so much energy during the day I’m not surprised you get seven hours sleep. I only got six.

Sylvia, have a good class today. Haven’t seen a painting from you lately.

Hi Jerry, hope you are well. No inspiration needed to paint, just find something and paint it.

Hi Doug, your garden is looking good, as always.

Geoff, I really like your local pub and the lamb sounds delicious. I just couldn’t understand that since it was Herriot country, why they didn’t serve his favorite beer, brown ale. But the IPA was good.

Char, your cake looked delicious. Safe driving and hope Ted has good news.
                                Bill

Be kinder than necessary

:wave: Not raining so that is good! But a cool night. Physio this afternoon, laundry and other chores this morning.

Dessert looks delicious Char!

Wedding sounds fun JJ, where is it?

Hi Geoff, Doug, Jerry, Sylvia, Annie and all to come!

:heart: :grouphug: :heart:

Cheers, Lynn
                                www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/lynn-macintyre
                                "Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Uschi

Good Morning!!

I was at the library door exactly at nine when they opened. Library closed on Sunday so had to catch up with everything from the last few days.

No rain here, not yesterday either, sunny but coolish.

I couldn’t see my phlox growing in the front garden, wondered if other plants had crowded it out and then saw that they were growing just fine until the deer chomped it all down, also mine and my neighbour’s hostas. It is amazing how they can avoid even one stem of another flower while they are devouring the phlox.

My fault, I was thinking of putting the garlic powder but didn’t think they were really tall enough for the deer, WRONG!!!! Haven’t seen the groundhog since I oput the garlic in the backgarden.

I’ll phone Bell, our internet provider today and sign up for the more GB’s and way more expensive plan. This computer thing is making me a nerveous wreck. It won’t start until June the 20th, so I will check back in at the liobrary later and tomorrow.

Char, no criticism noticed, I am just mad at myself for being so dumb in this field. My hesitation about taking it to someone, I wouldn’t have a clue who to take it to. I always had techi son looking after things when they were not right and now techi son lives too far away for me to just call him over. I am pretty sure that all my “security” that was to stop me from anxiety is actually doing me in :D ((((())) for Ted and too funny about the cake baking into the rack.

Nancy, just simply AMAZING and FABULOUS!!!!!

:wave: to ALL!!!!

Uschi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.