Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink Old Stone Barn in Wales

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Bill

This drawing is from a photo by Ceiliog of Wet Canvas.
        The image is 10″ wide by 6″ tall. Bristol board with Micron pens.
        Thanks for looking. All comments invited.
        Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Bill, I love this vignette and Microns did a wonderful job. I can sense the quaint, nostalgic feel to the old building.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Anonymous

I like this one very much, a most delicate style, sensitively showing the fall of light – nice.
            The effect reminds me of old wood engravings of people like Thomas Bewick ,a long time hero of mine.
            Mike

Bill

kay, thanks so much for your kind comment.

Mike, You are very kind. I’m honored that the drawing reminds you of such a great artist as Bewick.
                Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Bill,
                As you know, I love architectural subjects. You did a wonderful job drawing this composition with your pen and ink. :D

Sylvia

Lovely treatment of the foliage and trees.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Wow, Bill! Is this the drawing that nearly made it to the bin? It’s almost ethereal, revisiting a time gone by.

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Anonymous

Another beautiful job, Bill.

Yes, I agree, has a flavour of Bewicks work. Lovely one, Bill! Would do very nicely as a reference for a wood engraving…hint, hint :)

Cheers, Lynn
                    www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/lynn-macintyre
                    "Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Tracy2000

This is beautiful Bill! I like how the delicate texture and treatment of the foreground tree is echoed through the drawing :)

~Tracy
                        "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter.”. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Such a fine and delicate drawing Bill – with the barn settled nicely into the hill.
                        Lovely work!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Bill as always, your drawing is just gorgeous. You are a master with those pens!!

JJ
                        Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                        MY BLOG
                        My Youtube videos

laika

Beautiful scene, Bill! Once again, so soft and dreamy – a place a dreamer would hope exists.

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
                            - Otto Rank

webLes

Bill after seeing some of those comments how can I say anything different and not be chewed out. one thing I did notice though is your shadows on both wall do not match .

Les

dis4u

lovely work Bill it shows how much you enjoy making these. and thanks for sharing them. TAO

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.