Home Forums Explore Subjects Art Journals ART-Urban Sketches by JJ Feb – June 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 173 total)
  • Author

Hello every one..

It is February and I have finally done my first sketch for 2018. (I have been under the weather a bit, but now I am back)

The Brisbane City Sketchers[/URL] had their first Thursday Sketchout, and we went to New Farm Park. . New farm park was created in 1914, and currently covers 15.0076 hectares of land. Some 600 trees were planted including jacaranda trees that line the circular road around the park.

A4 Holcroft Sketchbook and pen

JJ
    Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
    MY BLOG
    My Youtube videos

evebart

It’s beautiful! I love how you used only two types of mark-making. The circles for leaves are very expressive.

Thank you so much, yes I was being very conservation with my mark making :) I wanted it to be simple, seeing as it was my first in so long..

JJ
        Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
        MY BLOG
        My Youtube videos

Fabulous morning with the Brisbane City Sketchers at Mater Hill. We sketched the old Private Hospital. Aubigny Place was the original Mater Private Hospital building, on what is now known as Mater Hill, opening in 1910 The building was designed by Hall and Dods who also designed the Lady Lamington Nurses Home at Royal Brisbane & Women’s Hospital (RBWH)

[/CENTER]

JJ
        MY BLOG
        My Youtube videos

vhere

good start :)

We’ve got an unofficial branch of urban sketchers here now that a friend set up and it’s very popular – they plan to affiliate eventually. Every meet so far has either been too cold for me or I’ve had something else on :(. It’s going to be their April meet before I catch up with them.

Oh that is awesome Vivien, I hope you get out with them soon, it really is a lot of fun..xx

JJ
            MY BLOG
            My Youtube videos

Sketching with my friend on a very hot summers day in the Spectacle Garden at Roma Street parkland. The Spectacle Garden at Colin Campbell Place displays a vivid array of colour all year and includes a collection of flowers, herbs, water features and art works.Colin Campbell Place is in horticulturalist.

History of Roma Street Parkland
            Pre-1825 – Local indigenous community used the area for meetings and ceremonies
            1825 – Roma Street Parkland area was part of the original Brisbane settlement
            1875 – Adjacent train station built as part of the main western railway to Brisbane linking Ipswich to Toowoomba
            1911 to 1934 – Extensive redevelopment in the area, to support the increase in services
            1920 – Massive excavation removed 554,300 cubic metres of earth, permanently altering the steep terrain creating the current day artificial escarpment and the boundary of the former Albert Park
            World War II – Roma Street train station used for transporting war materials and military personnel up north
            2000 – Construction of the current Roma Street Parkland
            2001 – Updated Roma Street Parkland opened to the public

Both sketches done in my A4 Holcroft Sketchbook Pen and Watercolour.

If you are looking for information about our Urban Sketching Group, click on the link below.

BRISBANE CITY SKETCHERS [/URL]

[/CENTER]

JJ
            MY BLOG
            My Youtube videos

evebart

Beautiful! My favorite is the sculpture, but they’re all lovely.

Sonia

Nice sketches – nice touch including the water dragon!

Thank you so much evebart. The sculpture was a challenge but fun to do.

Thank you Sonia, he’s cute eh. He’s the one who made my freind scream when her ran towards her :D

JJ
                    MY BLOG
                    My Youtube videos

Wonderful morning with the Brisbane City Sketchers[/URL], eight of us came out to make art today. We started at the Abutment on Victoria Bridge, and ended at the Collectors cafe Qld Museum.

The Chai Cart on the Abutment. fabulous coffee! The tracks you can see are remnants of the Tram Tracks of Bygone days..

Santos Place Brisbane sketched from the Collectors Cafe
                    Santos Place is a 6 Star Green Star office building in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Construction began in 2007 and was completed in 2009. It was formerly known as Northbridge before major Australian oil and gas exploration production company Santos bought naming rights for the building in January 2009. Santos occupies eight levels.

A4 Sketchbook fountain pen and watercolour

JJ
                    MY BLOG
                    My Youtube videos

As always, great work, JJ! You’ve brought these locations to life in your sketchbooks.

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

olliewood0702

GREAT sketches JJ!! Your city has so many wonderful scenes to paint.

Darla

If I create from the heart, nearly everything works: if from the head, almost nothing. — Marc Chagall

KiwiKate

Love your sketches JJ. What a nice group!

Kate
                            Henderson, Nevada
                            C&C always welcomed!

"Never ruin a good day by thinking about a bad yesterday". -- Anon.

Thank you so much for the kind comments, I really appreciate them.

JJ
                            MY BLOG
                            My Youtube videos

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 173 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.