WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pen and Ink
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-08-2015, 05:28 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from Australia
Re: An invitation to post your P&I sketches, doodles, scratchings and scribbles .......

Great sketches all.

I took the opportunity to do a few quick 5 minute sketches from the front yard, I really want to get back into some urban/ landscape sketching again.

#17   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Lord of the Arts

Re: An invitation to post your P&I sketches, doodles, scratchings and scribbles .......

Yep, they may be super quick but they get the feel right.
I'm a big fan of sketching, both as an end in it's self & as a massive help in making more polished & finished works.
Sketching truly is the foundation of art.

Mike
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-08-2015, 09:23 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Oh this is great!

I sketch a lot with Tombow pens. They have become my sketch pens, sometimes the line tip, sometimes the brush tip. This one has no wash bits in it at all, just the pen work.

Ari Cat from Life
Approx. 8" square (shown)
Tombow dual tip pens (Grayscale) on sketchbook

Was almost monochrome but I decided to use the blue gray for his blue eyes, they didn't look right just white.

Done from life in about three minutes while he moved back and forth looking at me and then doing profile then coming back to pose. I might have put in more of his chest and body but this is when he got up to go eat some food. Most of my Ari sketches from life are fast gestures. Did the eye color after I got him in, because I know and love his eyes. He has pale eyelids and the edges around them are almost-white pinkish, then big blue irises and huge dilated pupils which means my room is pretty dark.

Maureen, WOW love all those cat sketches! I'm working toward doing bouncy cat gestures like that and love them!

Bonnie, yay I wasn't the first one sketching with Tombow pens, purr great horse sculpture.

Everyone here sketches so well, I'm going to have to keep coming and keep practicing! Gorgeous trees that last one. Beautiful nudes, great sketches of everything, this thread is fun!

I will be back, with many varied pens!

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting

Last edited by robertsloan2 : 11-08-2015 at 09:32 PM.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-09-2015, 11:46 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Toowoomba - nice! A few expressive lines and you convey a variety of plant forms ..... nothing like sketching from life!

As with Ari Rob! ... he allows you a few minutes and you capture the essence! Well done

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-09-2015, 05:43 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from Australia

Great sketch Robert, I have used tombow markers for sketching in the past, the brush nib can be quite difficult to use.

I don't normally post so often but felt compelled to skip the gym this morning and sketch on the way to work instead in the Brisbane City botanical gardens. (I no longer live in Toowoomba)

#21   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-09-2015, 06:19 PM
Lord of the Arts

Good man toowoomba you skip the gym & sketch ! what you gain will never be lost , unlike the muscles you might have developed at the gym.
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-09-2015, 06:52 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from Australia

Very funny Mike.

Seeing as how I sit at a desk all day designing air conditioning and not a professional athlete or the like, building big muscles has little benefit other than general health. I particularly like yoga though. A day of drawing, yoga, working out and a couple of good movies is the perfect day!

Sketching however has great benefits for developing skills and keeping your major pieces more fresh, so I see your point.

I may have found what my next piece will be too!

Thanks for your enthusiasm of late, it is quite refreshing.
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-10-2015, 08:54 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

I like the effect of natural elements looking like urban constructions!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**My SAA website**
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-10-2015, 11:01 AM
Greenville, SC

Hails from United States

I'm enjoying looking at everybody's sketches. So I thought I would toss one in the mix. This is a quick scribble drawing. The reference is a photo off of the internet.
On my monitor this is about actual size

#25   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-10-2015, 11:18 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Lovely scribble! It's lively, energetic and I like the use of the line to explore shape and form!

**My SAA website**
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-10-2015, 01:17 PM
Lord of the Arts

Very nice, Wayne, the scribble hatching , is working its magic there.
We don't see enough of that technique here (or anywhere much) yet it does have its unique charms & character that I find very appealing .
Cheers Mike
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-10-2015, 01:47 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hmm.... there're some times when my wifes' & my own choices of television viewing differ & I've got to find something else to occupy myself with..........

Mike
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-10-2015, 03:11 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Lol Mike, isn't that typical of most of us?
She looks very comfortable, so you captured the pose well

**My SAA website**
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-10-2015, 03:57 PM
Lord of the Arts
Green heart of Austria

Hails from Austria

[email protected]

Slim Size # 7

ink pen 0,4 , 5 min sketch Denim 20x20cm

Cheers W.P.
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-10-2015, 05:30 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from Australia

Wayne, awesome scribble drawing, I remember in high school we did some blind drawing where we drew the school oval with a barrier between our paper and sight it kind of reminds me of this.

White Pen, love the folds in the trousers, very true.

Mike, my wife watches a lot of rubbish TV, I should draw more often when she does, lol. I glad you agree that you watch rubbish on TV too Maureen, lol.