Home Forums Explore Subjects Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art June 2019 Fantasy Sci-Fi Challenge and Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    talisman

GUIDELINES:
        On the first of each month a subject, concept or idea will be posted in a thread entitled Fantasy Science Fiction Monthly Challenge and Chat.

All entries must be new original artworks for this challenge in any style or genre of Fantasy or Science Fiction done in any medium, 2D or 3D.
        Join in the discussion about the project – it’s friendly and fun to learn how others are coping/struggling/thriving!!! But no visual images! Help can be gained from asking but also from looking for resource materials elsewhere such as the Reference Image Library or best of all your own wonderful imagination!
        A ‘reveal’ date for all is 21th of the month, feel free to post till the end of the month, then a new Challenge will be posted.

Please post the finished artwork on this thread at that time.

Chase or being chased.

This idea was from vanity, thanks, ready set go!

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
        C and C always welcome.
        My DeviantArt Gallery

Oo that’s a thinking one! Great idea.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
        Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

On it :D

Saw Godzilla today, we did the 3D. I loved it. I also loved that there were only four people in the entire theater.

Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

Nice Virginia. That’s like when we went to see Endgame, it was a Sunday evening, very quiet.

Hmm, will have to think about this theme.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
        Every painting is a new adventure.

Snow_tabby

Very interesting. Good one to have drawings of the dream world. 😉

vanity

I came up with this idea yet I can’t think of anything specific. Let’s hope I will actually be able to draw something….

https://www.instagram.com/clay_and_ink/
                https://www.deviantart.com/whitewillows
                Formerly vanity

WoodyWelch

Look over your shoulder….if you see something coming at you….DRAW THAT.:evil: :rolleyes:

lol Vanity, I had trouble with my own idea too. Still no ideas for this one but there’s time yet.

mkmcreations.com

I always have dreams where I’m being chased.

Has anyone seen the zombie show “Black Summer” on NetFlix. It’s very dark and a bit boring because it is too dark, there’s no relief or humor in it at all but the zombies are interesting and a bit brutal. They chase and they don’t give up and they can open doors and stuff. None of the characters are that likable so I found that fun but it did make me dream about being chased.

It’s funny I watched an old Wonder Woman the other day, I forgot that that show was actually pretty good. I’m watching the second part to it now. I’ve been watching a lot of the older Sci Fi/fantasy shows lately. The actors were all so good even when the effects were cheesy or the story lines a bit silly.

Find me on Instagram
                    Find me on Facebook

I have a lot of those dreams too. Usually I’m in a building trying to find a way out and no idea who I’m running from or why.

I haven’t seen Wonder Woman since I was a kid. I liked her character in Lego Batman 3, angry Wonder Woman lol. Just throws Superman at the enemy.

I think I have an idea for a subject. Maybe I should try it acrylic, would go well with that project. Another 2 for 1. :D

mkmcreations.com

That does match up with the acrylic forum perfectly!

The angry Wonder Woman is hilarious. :D

Find me on Instagram
                    Find me on Facebook

The auction for FW communities including WetCanvas is on June 13th, there’s a thread about it in the Cafe Guerbois. Nobody knows what will happen with that but we will let you know as soon as we know if we can.

Find me on Instagram
                    Find me on Facebook

talisman

Hi I’m back from vacation!
                        I guess we will be auctioned today, I hope someone buys us….
                        what a strange thing to write.

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                        C and C always welcome.
                        My DeviantArt Gallery

Started my prep sketches yesterday.

I’m hoping to get a piece together featuring a scene from Welsh mythology, where the enchantress Cerridwen chases Gwion, the boy who accidentally drank her magical potion while he was supposed to be stirring it.

Gwion realises that Cerridwen is going to be hella pissed when she discovers he’s ruined her concoction (that took a full year to create), and empowered by the magical brew he transforms himself into a hare to escape her.

Cerridwen promptly takes up the chase, transforming herself into a greyhound to hunt him down.

My pic is going to be Gwion as the hare, and Cerridwen – hot on his tail – in the process of transforming from human into dog.

A lot more tricksy than I first imagined. I’m giving Cerridwen a woman’s hands and feet, hair and boobs; with a dogs torso, legs and head. I want it to look strange, but dreamlike or magical. Not just weird. We’ll see how it goes.

In case anyone cares, the pair run around transforming into different things until finally Gwion tries to hide from her as an ear of corn. She turns into a hen and gobbles him up, becoming magically pregnant with him by doing so. When she has the baby, she casts him into the sea. When he is finally found hundreds of years later (but still a baby), he is named Taliesin and becomes a magical bard (some say Taliesin is actually Merlin).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.