Home Forums The Learning Center Color Theory and Mixing WN watercolor "Aqua Verte" pigment(s)?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    FriendCarol

Hi, All,

Somehow I have ended up with an untouched half-pan of “Aqua Verte” — that’s the official name stamped on the side of the half-pan. I can’t find it listed on the W/N “Guide to Watercolor Paints” paper with samples of everything, or on their site, although they do have terre verte and aqua green. Anyone know what pigment or mix might be in this half-pan? The aqua verte is a pretty color, but if it’s a mix I’d rather use the single pigments.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Audacity allows you to be at ease with your inadequacy, safe in the knowledge that while things may not be perfect, they are at least under way.
        Robert Genn[/I]

llawrence

I don’t know, but in my experience WN has been very good about responding to questions via email, even some difficult ones about discontinued colors. I’d try to get in touch with them directly.

Mythrill

I think you mean “Aqua Green”. It’s probably Phthalo Turquoise (PB 16) or a mix of Phthalo Blue Green Shade + Phthalo Green Blue Shade (PG 7).

FriendCarol

Thanks.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Audacity allows you to be at ease with your inadequacy, safe in the knowledge that while things may not be perfect, they are at least under way.
                    Robert Genn[/I]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.