Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub The Shutterbug Pub, Wednesday 23 October 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Humburger

(Caution: Rodent gore below.) Good morning. I went to visit a friend all day, yesterday, and got this shot from the side of her house, looking up the hill to the woods behind the house. They have a few hundred acres of beautiful woods and pastures here in central Ohio. A lovely conservation farm where they raise cattle and goats and trees. The autumn colors have suddenly hit here. I thought we were not going to get much, this year, but I was wrong.

You can just barely see a little trail going into the woods. They maintain a wondrous trail system throughout their property and each trail is named for something/someone in the Winnie the Pooh stories for their grandchildren. I love to explore their farm.

By the way, I spent the day there, yesterday, because they are totally redoing their house and want my artwork in every room, sometimes several per room, including the basement! I am overwhelmed and I need to get started! Thankfully, it includes some of the photos that I have taken there…

So, I got up this morning, stumbled into the bathroom and met this:

We need cats, but I wish mine would clean her plate every time!

Have a good day, all!

Ginny
        www.virginiacmccoy.com
        C & C Welcome

Ginny, that is absolutely gorgeous. Yes, the colors this year are so vibrant. Yesterday when I walked the dog, I came home with a handful of leaves. I started with, then two, and ended up with about a dozen. One was more prettier than the other. I was going to set up some sort of still life here in the house. The reds this year are so deep, almost burgundy.

Thanks for starting the daily. That is one heck of a forest your friend has on their land. You really captured a bucketful of great color with the golden leaves, blue sky and green foreground. Have you done paintings for these people before? It is wonderful that they want your art work to decorated their house, it sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you and that we won’t be seeing you for a while once you crack open the paint tubes.

Thanks for starting the daily for us. I had every intention to do that this morning. Got up early because my husband and I are taking a ride to the cemetery where my parents are buried. It is at least an hour’s drive to south Detroit. I am taking my camera. Old cemeteries have lots of trees. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to get some photos. See you all later.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Cameraman

Excellent images by you two. I am not keen on meeting rodents.

Anne came across a fund raser in a shop yesterday and brought Shaggy Bear home. She had it lit under very low light by the dining room table. The image here is as we both see it in real life. My White Ring does give a good exposure under these conditions. I also used in cam white balance correction to take away the orange cast.

This is cropped to the measurements of GIRL WITH A PEARL EARRING BY VERMEER.

Now it is back to Switz again.

Norm Dunne
            Lover of the Old Masters Art Period

damar

Thanks for starting today’s Daily, Ginny!
                That is some gorgeous color.
                Mouse: just be thankful the cat didn’t bring it up in the bed to share with you! :eek:
                LOL.

Hi Lorell!
                Glad I’m not the only one who picks up pretty leaves!
                It may be some kind of carry over from the hunter-gatherer past?
                Your red leaves look great against the soft green background!
                Have a safe outing.

Hi Norm: we X-posted
                Cute Shaggy!

This was just about sunset; a local church on the historic register.
                Built in the late 1880’s but was established in the 1830s.
                The site is where local Confederates signed up and practiced drills.

Fujifilm X100F shot in ACROS film sim mode.

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
                Photos are ©2021
                Cameraman

Very good image of the building. I would love to try this in slightly lower light levels and see hoe the wood slats would come out.

Norm Dunne

damar

Very good image of the building. I would love to try this in slightly lower light levels and see hoe the wood slats would come out.

Hi Norm,
                        I tried to recover the front face at the peak, but that was a direct hit by the setting sun in an otherwise very shaded area. The dynamic range was extreme.
                        There’s a point where you may recover one but lose the other.
                        (highlights vs shadows)
                        ACROS film sim mode tends to be contrasty.

Photos are ©2021
                        Cameraman

Point taken. I do not know the program or film used.

Norm Dunne

damar

Point taken. I do not know the program or film used.

Its a built in-camera film mode, that simulates Fujifilm ACROS film.
                                The camera, however is digital.
                                https://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x100f/
                                Its a brilliant little camera with a fixed 35mm equiv. lens. f/2
                                (23mm on a cropped sensor)
                                I am collecting photos of local historical buildings and enjoy using the ACROS
                                sim.
                                You are welcome to play around with the processing if you like, Norm!

Photos are ©2021
                                Cameraman

My thanks for the info and link. I will study that link when I have a minute.

Norm Dunne

damar

My thanks for the info and link. I will study that link when I have a minute.

You’re under no obligation! :)

Photos are ©2021
                                        Humburger

Lovely colorful shot, Lorell. I hope you get some good ones, today. :-)

Interesting bear, Norm. :-)

Yes, Patty, I am certainly glad that the cat did not bring it into the bed. LOL! I have found pieces of mouse all over, including in my closet. I suppose it is better than live ones. I wish I could photograph them as beautifully as Mike does with his pheasants. :-)

Patty, I really like your black and white shot of the church building. Nice perspective.

I was ready to get going on my art assignement, but my computer is down and I need some files from it. I hope Mr. Beloved can get it working, tonight… Lorell, they are not new paintings, she is ordering prints and I will be matting and framing them. Oh, except for portraits of three of her grandchildren, which I will have to do from scratch before Christmas. YIKES!

Ginny
                                            www.virginiacmccoy.com
                                            C & C Welcome

damar

Yes, Patty, I am certainly glad that the cat did not bring it into the bed. LOL! I have found pieces of mouse all over, including in my closet. I suppose it is better than live ones. I wish I could photograph them as beautifully as Mike does with his pheasants. :-)

Patty, I really like your black and white shot of the church building. Nice perspective.

Thanks! I hope to go back to the church location in better lighting.
                                                We go out in the late afternoon and try to find subjects to photograph.
                                                (something to do)

There’s nothing worse than a mouse in the house unless its parts of a mouse in several locations.
                                                UGH!!!:eek:
                                                One time many years ago, I saw a mouse, picked up a shoe and threw it at the mouse..LOL I actually killed it!
                                                (I always prefer capture and relocate, and never thought the shoe would hit it!) So, I was a bit surprised and felt bad for about 5 minutes. :rolleyes:

Do you print your art work or send it out?
                                                I have had several printers over the years and never, ever, enjoyed
                                                printing from Photoshop.
                                                Too many variables between the PC, Photoshop and the Printer and
                                                it drives me crazy to waste photographic papers.
                                                The 3 P hardly ever agree on anything!

You’re going to be busy!

This was the last photo I took last night

Photos are ©2021
                                                Rich

Ginny, wonderful fall photo and area. Your other photo gives meaning to “look what the cat drug in!”

Lorell, interesting collection of leaf colors on that tree.

Interesting shaggy bear Norm!

Patty, what an interesting church and historical site. If the walls could talk I would be listening!

Beautiful sunset Patty. I get those pink clouds quite often out my balcony door. Unfortunately there are to many distractions in the way to make a pretty photo like yours.

Here is the National Lampoon Vacation car at the Hungry Dog Cafe. The place to get Gourmet Hot Dogs. Is Gourmet Hot Dog an oxymoron?:angel:

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. –Mother Teresa
                                                    Cameras Canon SX160IS, SX740HS ELPH 170IS Photoshop Elements 2021, Topaz Studio, Adjust, and Simplify
                                                    Website http://rich-stedman.pixels.com

Greenhill

Good to see a nice gallery of pictures today. As I’m in Melbourne far from home on my phone, I cannot easily comment on each. I will be back at my desk next week. Meanwhile be good and don’t do anything that I wouldn’t do :angel:

MY FLICKR
                                                        OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
                                                        The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

damar

Hahahahah Rich! That is great! Love that car!
                                                            Gourmet Hot Dogs….not until you put the toppings on!
                                                            That’s a great photo! Is that in your town?

Trying to get uncluttered sky shots these days isn’t easy unless you can find some high ground. Which is exactly where they like to plant cell towers!
                                                            We have a huge church property on high ground nearby.
                                                            The church yard is pasture/acreage that had cows on it 10 years ago. So we often catch the sunset on our way back to the house.

Photos are ©2021
                                                          Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.