Home Forums Explore Media Oil Pastels Oil Pastel Studio Fish & Wildlife Area Plein Aire

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Herb

Hi, folks. It’s been a while. I thought I would post a little plein aire I had in a show recently. It’s Caran d’Ache Neopastel on 9″ x 12″ Strathmore Pastel Paper.

I drew (painted) it in about five hours at a reclaimed strip mine that is now a fish and wildlife area. I touched it up for a half-hour or so in the studio.

Constructive criticism is always appreciated!

Cheers,

Herb

Beautiful! Love the different shades of green/yellow you have achieved in the foliage.

Christel

MaryFlora

It is a beauty. Your grasses are terrific and I really like your trees as well as the spacious feel.

The lovely frame definitely complements your work!

Mary Flora

Rich A

Well done Herb. I love it. Composition is perfect and I get a good sense of actually being there.

terriks

Beautiful work, Herb! Five hours of plein air sounds challenging. This composition is solid, your sloping tree lines are perfect. I agree with the others about your beautiful grasses, so colorful and lush. Your clouds make me think of Monet.

Terrific job. Your choice of frame is spot on – very strong.

Terri

Film photographer with special love for alternative photographic processes - especially ones that get my hands dirty!

Mira

Wow, there is nothing to criticize, it’s so beautiful! Realism here :thumbsup:
                        Very natural-looking landscape and harmonious palette. Great job!

I love oil pastels and have created a blog about this medium. While the blog posts are in Russian, still I invite you to get inspired with various artists' beautiful OP paintings in my blog's gallery: https://oilpastelist.wordpress.com/gallery

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.