Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Wattle I do?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Spring has sprung. The wattles are amassing.

A couple were taken yesterday when it was cloudy but most were taken today which is sunny.

Dreamin

What a cheerful sight the blooming wattle must be. Kind of like seeing a whole 100 acres of blooming yellow buttercups (something the farmers don’t particularly want to see as much as the rest of us!)

Natalie

:) Natalie, it is why we carry green and gold as our national colours even though they should probably be red and brown. It is an amazing thing that our mars like environment can blossom when all our farms and gardens are dust.

Greenhill

Another nice set of images, Peter. Wattle blossom sure lights up our countryside, doesn’t it.

MY FLICKR
            OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
            The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Your first few photos look like our forsythia bushes that are one of the first and abundant flowering bushes we see in the spring. They too are a vibrant yellow but the flowers look nothing like yours. You know spring is well underway when they are blooming.

It is amazing how some plants can bloom in such dry conditions, but cacti have some of the prettiest flowers to ever bloom.

LORELL

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
            Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Er; actually, I didn’t.

Yarran: [em]Acacia homalophylla[/em],

Don’t be confused. It may require a lot of time but Yarran does become a tree eventually. I recall in my youth seeing my father do demonstrations for the twin cylinder Solo chainsaw back in the early 60’s or was it late 50’s.. anyway I saw him saw logs of Yarran bigger than any I’d see today. I also saw a Yarran that was a good seventy feet to the first branch.
            I’m thinking that the Yarrans I have photographed may need many hundreds or thousands of years to achieve such status.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.