Home Forums Explore Subjects Plein Air Recent Paintings, all done on location

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    markr

Hello everyone. I’m just sharing some recent work done since I moved to Lexington, KY this summer. all are oil on board 24″x24″, 24″x30, and 36″x36

Pthalo White

Holy crap! I hope you are showing this somewhere, especially galleries.

They are absolutely wonderful. It’s a cityscape but with the colors you’ve chosen, it’s very abstract, unlike other cityscapes… which is a compliment; I usually hate cityscapes.

Very, very, very nice! The bottom one: the cast shadows from the buildings onto the street…. WOW. It’s perfect.

The middle one: in the upper right corner; what is that “slash” stroke?

markr

Thanks Amy!
                The galleries here are making me do the usual walk through fire before opening the doors. That slash is part of a crane occupying downtown. This thing only let post 5 files so I posted 3 more here in the open critique forum:
                https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1455888

Pthalo White

I’m salivating at the idea of selling these.

This is just my two cents. Go to the construction companies of these buildings. I’m serious. Or the unioin offices they represent. They go ape-wild for painting of their own buildings. The Mayor’s office. The Governor’s office. Forget the galleries for a while. Just outright sell these beauties.

The third image from the top. That older building. Contact the owner and show him/her your painting. It’s painted so damn beautifully with the light.

It’s time to get an agent, my friend. Let them do the calling, so you can paint more. Thank you so much for showing these.

Wonderful work Mark.

You should be able to upload 15 pictures in any post and of course, you can add more posts with pictures.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

graz

Top notch work for sure!

Great energy, edge work, subtle exaggeration of angles/perspective and expressive color and brushwork.

Can’t see these going unsold for very long.

maryinasia

these are amazing! love them.

markr

Thank you Graz, Mary, and Yorky and thanks again Amy! Attaching 2 more I forgot about.
                                “Mill and Main after the rain” around 27″x31″ and “Upper and Short” 24″x24″ both are oil on board.

Great work on what I have always felt were tough subjects, street scenes. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

These are really something. Love the colors and subjects all tell the story. Big for plein air in my world. Super!!

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                                My website https://jocastilloart.com

markr

Thank you Gary and Jo!

ntl

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Alerio

Beautiful! Love your use of color in a cityscape.

~Christine

tmwilliams

Takes lots of courage to paint on location in an urban setting – my hat’s off to you. And they are all fantastic.

markr

Thank you Christine and Tm! I have been painting in populated areas for over 15 years and have heard and seen it all … headphones help me focus. It’s funny to hear peoples reactions change as a painting progresses over time .. it’s also funny and sad to see when something truly badass is happening on the painting and people walk by and don’t even look .. i mean don’t even glance.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.