WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-26-2019, 04:55 PM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

Re: *** Daily Wash Sunday 26th May 2019 ***

Morning....

Love avocados, so good for you too.
We did get quite a few from our self-grown tree last year. My sister asked me if we could put the tree in a pot and take it with us when we move...until she saw that in a few short years it had grown as tall as the house lol

Sent you the recipe last night Annie.

Uschi, I didnt have an anaesthetic when I had my cataract surgery, not even sedation. Only local in the eye involved. I was totally relaxed and they could see I didnt need anything more. A strap held my head still.
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-26-2019, 05:22 PM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom

Same treatment with me Lulu.

Geoff
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-26-2019, 05:40 PM
Immortalized
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

Char, Any fruit or vegetable with a pit is a no no with IBS. I am so used to not eating certain things it does not bother me anymore. Thanks. I have to get back to working on the building. I was bored, so I took time out to make the chairs and tables.

Off to make dinner.

Today is the great computer switch in this house after a run to take back a new monitor that was defective.
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-26-2019, 06:07 PM
Lord of the Arts
Peterborough, Ontario

Hails from Canada

Hi Everyone

Today we took the day off and went to Hobart's Lighthouse, on Stoney Lake for brunch and Sunblocker's in Lakefield, so that I could get yet another bathing suit to my collection. It is a Birthday tradition! I think I have 75 now in my tower in the closet, so as you can see I don't just do it on Birthday's!

Here a few pic's of Harbourtown and brunch at the marina.

Have a great one!

http://sharonamer.blogspot.com/
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-26-2019, 09:13 PM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Thanks for the link to the review of Nita's new Exploring Color Workshop book, Doug. It was fun watching the reviewer flip through the pages while explaining what is in it. She used one of my paintings on page 117 as an illustration of a high key painting, I think it was.

We like avocados in salads and on tacos.

to all,

SYTomorrow.

Sylvia
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-26-2019, 09:33 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Evening!!

Just another quickie!!

Since I wasn't allowed to drive my DIL's mother figured it would be boring for me and decided to do a "Meals on Wheels" She brought ready baked quiche and salad and we had a nice evening filled with interesting political (our own and Britain's since he is a Brit). They just left.

But the real reason I posted - THE MILKY MIST IS QUICKLY RISING!!!!!

Sharon you look fabulous!!!

See you in the morning!!

Uschi

#37   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-26-2019, 09:49 PM
Enthusiast
Cobble Hill, BC

Hails from Canada

Hi again - DGD needed a new bicycle, so we all got bikes - used ones from a local business. MANY years since I rode a bike, but I managed, as did the rest of the family, of course, they are all much younger than I am! It was fun, but I need lots more riding. Betty
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-26-2019, 10:10 PM
Veteran Member

Hi all...

It was a very wet tour around Rainier yesterday...rained the whole trip. Sure kept all but the hardiest tourists away. ;-)

Today has been overcast too until about an hour ago. Iíve been cleaning house and doing laundry all day. Headed to the grocery store in a few minutes to grab a few things.

The cough is a little better today so I hope I can get out tomorrow without hacking the whole day...itís exhausting and makes me cranky that each of the last two work trips involved 10 days of disruption to my home schedule, followed by 2-4 weeks of various degrees of sick. Chest colds take forever to clear up. Whine.

Avocadoes. Love Ďem. You know, there are different kinds so it makes me wonder what kind youíve had Doug because your description doesnít sound at all like what we get. Mine are almost all eaten in some Mexican cookery...tacos, tostados, taco salad, quesadillas.....

Camping....I love those pics Doug! My parents werenít into camping, but I worked a season as a field archaeologist and camped the whole summer. I did some other camping and big trips to national parks but not for quite a while now. If Santa brought me a big bag of money, I would love to have a little teardrop trailer, but Iíd need another vehicle too since I canít pull anything with the Prius C. Very envious os you caravaners. :-)
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-27-2019, 01:04 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Tracy, you should be able to pull a teardrop with a Prius, they are very light.

Doug
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-27-2019, 01:43 AM
Veteran Member

Doug, the very odd thing with Toyota is that the same cars have different warranty restrictions by country. I have spent time in a group called PriusChat so I know that owners in other countries can tow light weights with a Prius, but doing so in the US voids all warranties. :-(.

My current Prius is too small, but if my next vehicle goes up a size, I can actually car camp with it (ie, there is enough room inside to convert the passenger side to a bed). Thereís a whole sub-culture around Prius car camping which is kind of interesting. Plus, you can enjoy the heater in cold weather or the a/c in warm weather (if not parked too close to someone else since the gas engine would occasionally cycle on to recharge the batteries). There are lots of specialty tents that extend the camp area from the hatch for a standard sized prius.
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-27-2019, 02:14 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Yes, on the video I watched it says the latest Prius are rated for towing but the older models not. I have seen videos of people camping in a Prius too. A bit cramped I would say. A teardrop would be a better option.

Doug