Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink Wallowing Bliss

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    PVHooper

Hey guys. Have not posted for years but just finished this doodle. A3 size on thick art paper using copic multiliner 0.5

[FONT=Century Gothic]Paul Vernon Hooper
        "All the arts have one single purpose - to contribute to the art of living" - Hendrick van Loon

Amazing, and reminds me of a collection of metallic items/shapes jumbled in a box!
        Fantastically detailed shapes and careful drawing – you won’t make many of these drawings in a day!

Having returned, do stay and share more! Welcome back!:)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

PVHooper

Thanks Maureen. Much appreciated. Great exercise to get back into things.

"All the arts have one single purpose - to contribute to the art of living" - Hendrick van Loon

Bill

Paul, this is amazing work. How do you do this? Is it from a photo or do you just create it as you go? Fascinating!
                Bill

Be kinder than necessary

PVHooper

Thanks Bill, so kind of you. It just just develops itself as the work progresses.

PVHooper

Sorry maybe my answer is not clear. No I don’t use photographs. I start with some very broad basic shapes and just start developing from there. I call it 3d abstract, none objective art. The biggest challenge and the fun part is working for balance in tone and shape, that is one shape needs to link with the next and across the whole piece. If you look carefully, and this is not a great photograph, you can see different moods in different sections. If one tried to force it, or pre decide on shapes or what it is, then it all falls apart. It’s about letting the Muse within find it’s own voice. Love doing this stuff.

laf.art

Fab piece of work, so intricate

laf-art.com | Prints | FB[/U
                            Instagram laf.abstracts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.