Home Forums Explore Subjects Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art Anthro Challenge!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    bayoudragon

Welcome to the Anthro Challenge!

[FONT=Verdana]Anthropomorphism – the attribution of a human form, human characteristics, or human behavior to non-human things.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Based on this definition, many things can be anthropomorphic (plant, animal, and even non-living things). But in popular culture, an “anthro” usually refers to a character possessing both human and animal characteristics. This can include humans with animal ears and a tail or giving human-like expressions to animals (like in The Lion King).[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]For this project, to make it challenging for all, we will focus on the anthros that are somewhere in the middle, such as animals being portrayed as humanoid or bipedal in appearance. Think werewolves, satyrs, and minotaurs. Even the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Bugs Bunny are considered anthros![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]So brush up on both your figure and wildlife drawing skills and let’s see you blend the two![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]To make it fun, you can give your anthro some personality. [/FONT][FONT=verdana]You can outfit your anthro with sci-fi gear, give him or her magical armor and a battle axe, or even go tribal! Au naturelle works fine, too! ;) [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]As an option to the project, you can develop a fursona. Basically, create an anthro character to represent yourself. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]You can give as much info on the development of your character as you wish or none at all. This is completely up to you.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]This project is to test your current skill level, creativity, and to just have plain ol’ fun, so we ask that you please limit posting older works to one piece only. We want the new stuff! :D [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]Your anthros may be rendered realistically or in a more manga/anime style. All mediums and skill levels are welcome! Got questions?? Ask away! :)[/FONT]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/31-May-2009/73972-WC_banner_copy.jpg

bayoudragon

Oh, I’ve put a butt icon on this thread just in case someone wants to go au naturelle! :)

And secondly, please read…

Upload & Attachment Features!
            When uploading images to WC!, please use the upload or file attachment features. The reason for this is if your website or server ever goes down or the images are removed from your site, they will no longer show up in the thread, rendering the thread (or post) and its comments useless. Remote hosting of images is not allowed, and I will upload or attach them. This is extremely important for the integrity of the thread. There’s nothing worse than seeing the red X in a box. :p Please help keep this challenge thread whole and in tact! :)

You may, however, upload AND post a link to a bigger version if you wish. ;)

Thanks!
            -BD

————-

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/31-May-2009/73972-WC_banner_copy.jpg

kitaye
                bayoudragon

Yes, one older piece is allowed. :)

Oh, this sounds great!!!!!!!! I’m sure I’ll have a few things for you soon…….

Anonymous

XD hehe sounds fun if and when i get time o.O

kitaye

Cool thanks. This is Talenyn, a fiesty cheetah girl. Done in pen and ink on 81/2 x 11 Bristol medium cardstock. Umm, I think I did it about 7 years ago.

eilu

A couple of quick questions:

[*]can we anthro fantasy animals, like griffins?
                                  [*]will there be categories, like in the dragon challenge?
                                  [*]related side-thought: if there will be categories and if fantasy animals are ok then we should probably separate fantasy animal anthros and real animal anthros…

or am I thinking too much? :wink2:

bayoudragon

Yes, as long as they follow the guidelines, you can definitely post fantasy anthros. If you have any questions about what may or may not work, just ask! :)

Nope, no categories… just one thread. Keeping this one simple! :lol:

Man this is going to be a tuffy for me………………not drawing the creature but deciding which one to post hahahahahahahaha. So This is an old one but he was fun to draw.

hummmmmmmmm? wonder why the upload didn’t work?

Ok I’ll try to post it here if the pic is too big I’ll try something else.

bayoudragon

kitaye, nice one! She definitely has a feisty attitude! Looks like your avatar is a nice anthro, too! ;)

Cart, this looks like the new king of beasts! :D Are you going to color this one? :)

kitaye

Thanks Bayoudragon. The avatar is Chervase with Wizard Lizard based on a song about the universe of Mercedes Lackey.

Here’s my “old” one. I painted it in July 07. Digital painting, Corel Painter XI.5

digistyle
                                            Limits? What limits?
                                            BLOG - GALLERY - LIBRARY

eilu

cartuneman- love his thoughtful expression; you should color him in!! :clap:
                                                digistyle- that is one sassy bunny!

I should get started on mine…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 176 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.