Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Daily, Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hope you are having a terrific Tuesday.

Grabbing my goulashes and on my way to the dog park. SHHHH, I don’t want to say that too loud or Ella will go crazy on me.

I shall leave you with this image. A bit of spring and a bit of fall captured together.

See a little later.
    LORELL

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Anonymous

Hi Lorell. Hope the outing to the park was fun for both of you.

I really like the lighting you saw, captured (and maybe emphasized so well?) with your image; it has such rich colors. Very effective! :thumbsup:

Haven’t done much photography lately; here’s one from 4 days ago…

[Nikon D7500 with Nikkor 18-300mm at 110mm, manual mode, 1/160 sec, f/7.1, ISO 500, processed in ACR then PSCS5]

Wishing you all a happy and productive Tuesday.

maryinasia

these are beautiful

Greenhill

Lorell, how can you have fall and spring in the one picture! LOL … But you can do anything, I know!!! :thumbsup: The low key rendering is nice, it seems to be your signature style.

Dave, red poppies make stunning images, I like very much the way you’ve cropped and composed it.

MY FLICKR
                OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
                The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Greenhill

[B]Lorell[/B], how can you have fall and spring in the one picture! LOL … But you can do anything, I know!!! :thumbsup: The low key rendering is nice, it seems to be your signature style.

[B]Dave[/B], red poppies make stunning images, I like very much the way you’ve cropped and composed it.

Hey, BIG NEWS! The musical, ”Come from Away”[/URL] is coming to Melbourne’s Comedy Theatre, July 3.
                    I’ve booked two seats in the centre of Row B of the Dress Circle for Sandra and me on opening night. Woohoo! :clap:
                    Beverley Bass – Conversations with Richard Fiddler ABC Radio Listen. Her story is truly remarkable.
                    https://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/conversations/beverley-bass/11060672
                    AMERICAN AIRLINES FIRST FEMALE CAPTAIN, BEVERLEY BASS

CLICK LINK ABOVE TO LISTEN TO PODCAST

MY FLICKR

Humburger

Lorell, it looks like a dead seed head was left from the fall and the spring flowers sprung around it? Very nice colors.

Dave, I agree with Mark. A lovely photo and very nice composition and cropping.

Ginny
                        www.virginiacmccoy.com
                        C & C Welcome

Greenhill
                            THIS MORNING ABOUT AN HOUR AGO
                            Kissed by the first rays of sunrise, a flight of King Parrots perched atop a tree in my yard

MY FLICKR

maryinasia

cool parrot pics!

Irishwhistler

Lorell, Dave, and Mark,
                                    Lovely images all. Lorell, I agree with Dave that the lighting and color in your image is quite wonderful and I particularly like the soft focus in the piece contrasted by sharped on the COI.👍

Mike 🇮🇪🇺🇸

Humburger

Mark, what nifty shots of the parrot. He was very accommodating. :-)

Ginny
                                        www.virginiacmccoy.com
                                        C & C Welcome

Dave, I agree with the rest, the crop of the poppie makes for a pleasing composition. As far as my lighting, I think the type of vignette I used gave a nice effect.

Mark, you sound so excited about going to the theatre. Susan is lucky, it should be a fun evening. I really enjoy going to see top notch entertainment like that. Since I saw Hamilton with my daughter in March, I am anxious to go see another play.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                                        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Greenhill

Lorell, Sandra and I are both looking forward to Come From Away. You may recall the last live musical we saw was Calamity Jane, in Sydney last October – the late Doris Day was of course the first who played the title role, although I doubt you are old enough to remember her! :) Are you fond of music and if so, what sort?

MY FLICKR

I loved Doris Day. Her movies were so good.
                                            I like music but my passion for it goes up and down. I like music where I can understand the words. I like listening to a variety. It would be easier for me to list the kinds of music I don’t like than that which I like.
                                            I do not like rap, heavy metal, and jazz.
                                            I prefer the older artists more than most current.
                                            I couldn’t tell you my favorite artist. But I enjoy Michael Buble music, classic rock, modern country, contemporary classical, Lang Lang, and others that I can’t think of right now. I definitely prefer male singers over female singers.

Greenhill

Well Lorell, I was never a fan of Doris Day’s, not that I did not like her but rather that she was not the type of smoldering actress that I most admired, such as, Lauren Bacall, Veronica Lake, Vanessa Redgrave and so forth.
                                                who in my youth didn’t do a lot for a young man’s hormones – he preferred the baad ones, or at least those that pretended to be!!
                                                Nowadays, I do not like rap, heavy metal, and jazz either, so there we agree. I like opera, classical, Irish folk, Country & western when in the mood, and French Chanson.

MY FLICKR

My musical tastes just matured by another year and I recall Doris as she was as Annie Oakley and yeah, she was baad. ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.